Why are there so many fat cops?

O.Z.O.

Jiminy Fucking Christmas...
Reaction score
Ever notice how fat and out of shape so many cops are? Sometimes I almost want to commit a crime in front of one of them to see one of these fat bastards try to chase me.

discuss:

dunkin_donuts_3.jpg

Ever notice how fat and out of shape so many cops are? Sometimes I almost want to commit a crime in front of one of them to see one of these fat bastards try to chase me.

discuss:

How come there's so much overcrowding in the prisons if the cops can't catch anyone? Could it be the criminals aren't spending as much time in the gym as they ought to be?

This guy couldn't get away for some reason.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2008/05/carmen_the_chee.html

discuss:

They dont force them to take PT test after the academy...union contracts...

that's ridiculous. I know if I were a cop I'd spend even more time then I already do (which is a pretty significant amount as is) training.

I don't see that so much here in CT especially in Shelton. Most of our local cops are younger and in decent shape. All of the school Resource Officers I have ever worked with have been in great shape (not that I really look at that kind of stuff....)

The State cops are usually jacked. Must be some type of requirement once they are on the job. I would hate to be on the receiving end of a beating from these boys.

Real answer-

probably why there are a lot of docs and nurses that are fat and that smoke.

People have vices. :shrug:

Lol, in my town, there used to be a fat ass, pastrami eatin' muther fvcker that was so big he looked like a soft serve ice-cream cone. He'd pull up to bust our parties and when we ran he'd stay in his ride and announce over the loud speaker he'd be waiting there for us. He usually left about 5 minutes later. I think that was the year they put the first and only drive thru in our town.

discuss:

Ever notice how fat America is as a whole? :shrug:

I don't see that so much here in CT especially in Shelton. Most of our local cops are younger and in decent shape. All of the school Resource Officers I have ever worked with have been in great shape (not that I really look at that kind of stuff....)

The State cops are usually jacked. Must be some type of requirement once they are on the job. I would hate to be on the receiving end of a beating from these boys.

the county I live in is like that for the most part, so are the state boys.

Ever notice how fat America is as a whole? :shrug:

Sad but true.

We have a nutrition policy in my school that prohibits passing out candy, chips, pizza or soda (and the like.) The vending machines are now filled with water, juice, pretzels, whole grain chips, and sugar-free gum and mints.

The kids went nuts when they first instituted this policy a few years ago. Now they just bring in their own crap. Most every upper classman comes in to school carrying a jumbo coolatta or crappaccino from DD along with a bacon, egg and cheese or donut.

I am probably borderline obese (5'10" - 175 pounds) based on what passes for obese these days. My legs and arms are super skinny but my waist (to me anyway) is out of proportion (I have a 36 inch waist and a 32 inch inseam.)

Plus I have a rather tiny head.

Sad but true.

We have a nutrition policy in my school that prohibits passing out candy, chips, pizza or soda (and the like.) The vending machines are now filled with water, juice, pretzels, whole grain chips, and sugar-free gum and mints.

The kids went nuts when they first instituted this policy a few years ago. Now they just bring in their own crap. Most every upper classman comes in to school carrying a jumbo coolatta or crappaccino from DD along with a bacon, egg and cheese or donut.

I am probably borderline obese (5'10" - 175 pounds) based on what passes for obese these days. My legs and arms are super skinny but my waist (to me anyway) is out of proportion (I have a 36 inch waist and a 32 inch inseam.)

Plus I have a rather tiny head.

That's what she said! :rimshot:

Union contracts my ass. Testing hundreds of thousands of cops nationally on an annual basis would cost huge money that doesn't exist. What happens to the cops who fail the test? Do they get fired meaning more non-existent money gets spent to hire and train their replacements? Yea, right...contracts.

EDIT: What will happen when a diversified police force like the one in Cambridge Massachusetts PT tests their cops? What if a disproportionate number of minority cops, Females, Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, etc, fail the PT test? Do they gey fired? What happens to the delicate racial, gender balance present throughout the ranks that's been arrived at via many years of litigation and Federal decrees? What about the delicate racial and gender balance in the supervisory ranks? Look at the recent SC Decision regarding Firefighter promotions. Apply that to police departments that are jettisoning minority supervisors because they failed a PT test.

Look at the female situation. I believe that females in Massachusetts have to scale a five foot wall in order to earn entry in a police academy here. That's easy for most males but tough for most females unless they are in top condition and have a much stronger upper body than the average female. What happens to these females when they hit their forties and have had some children? Do they get fired if they haven't been able to maintain the strength of an athletic twenty-four year-old female? What a mess that would be.

Some things sound so much simpler than they really are.

Here in Boston 11 cops got suspended for doing steroids:shrug:

Back