Why did they give Kobe, Gasol's MVP trophy?

PatsRUs

Not a Member User
Reaction score
It reminds me of the time the NFL gave Dom Rhodes MVP trophy to Peyton Manning.

I agree. Besides being named Kobe Bryant, he did nothing resembling earning a series MVP.

Shows how powerful name recognition is. Kobe couldn't have played much worse than he did in game 7.

Kobe won game 7 for the Lakers. The Lakers were choking and missing all of their FT's until Kobe went to the line and sunk two FT's to tie the game at 61. As soon as Kobe made those 2 FT's he gave everyone on that team confidence and Pau (who was 2-7 FT's before Kobe tied the game) started making all of his FT's.

Pau was invisible in all of the losses. I would have given the MVP trophy to Artest or Derrick Fisher before I gave it to Pau.

EDIT: I agree that Rhodes and Addai deserved the CO-MVP's in that SB.

I could see caring about this if you were a Laker or a non-partisan fan, but as a Cs fan, the only way I'd care about who got the MVP trophy in this series would be if they were using it to impale the winner.

Kobe won game 7 for the Lakers. The Lakers were choking and missing all of their FT's until Kobe went to the line and sunk two FT's to tie the game at 61. As soon as Kobe made those 2 FT's he gave everyone on that team confidence and Pau (who was 2-7 FT's before Kobe tied the game) started making all of his FT's.

That may be the dumbest thing you've posted, and thats saying something.

An MVP for sinking 2 FT'sROFL

That may be the dumbest thing you've posted, and thats saying something.

An MVP for sinking 2 FT'sROFL

He made other shots and made plays for other players after that. But those 2 FT's IMO won the series for the Lakers. Nobody was doing anything until the best player in the game stepped up. LeBron would have choked.

Kobe also averaged like 28 pts per game in the series. Are you dense?

He made other shots and made plays for other players after that. But those 2 FT's IMO won the series for the Lakers. Nobody was doing anything until the best player in the game stepped up. LeBron would have choked.

So you are okay with cheering for a rapist??? Please tell me you have daughters.

So you are okay with cheering for a rapist??? Please tell me you have daughters.
I like watching him play basketball all that off the court stuff doesn't matter to me. I don't think he raped anybody..... I mean he is Kobe ****ing Bryant.

I like watching him play basketball all that off the court stuff doesn't matter to me. I don't think he raped anybody..... I mean he is Kobe ****ing Bryant.
And he is OJ ****ing Simpson. You are a moran if you think he didn't rape her.

Hitting 2 free throws is 'stepping up'?

Im not the one suggesting he won MVP because he hit 2 FT's:shrug:

Yeah, I'm dense:coffee:

Come on man, he shot like 30%, he was terrible, making two FT's gives you MVP? Thats stupid.

Much bitterness, I sense in this thread.

Yoda-Flame-war-begun.jpg

I'm not bitter.

Is wanting Kobe to get by a bus really a sign of bitterness?

I'm not bitter.

Is wanting Kobe to get by a bus really a sign of bitterness?
Well....

That depends.

If you want him to get hit by a bus because he's a disgusting human being, and possibly/probably a rapist, no.

If it's just because he beat your team, then yes.

Back