Why i hardly ever read this forum anymore

I hate the megathreads
then people were complaining because there was two threads about talib, both different one about the Tag and one about him signing in Denver. like its both news that I don't wanna sift through to find

1) Mega-threads do suck.

2)This is where mega-threads actually become useful. Most of the Colts stuff is kept in the Colts mega-thread so it doesn't bug me.

3)Another problem of the meg-threads is that less threads in general are being made and thus less polls.

I love a bazillion pages threads in one day. it never bother me a bit.
Posted via Mobile Device

Megathreads invariably get hijacked and by the time you get to page 10 or 37 or whatever, the topic / focus has changed several times. Huge pain.

I don't have any problem with the Colts talk. We have long-time Colts fans here, good posters, and it's not that much of an inconvenience to have some threads about other teams. I certainly want to know about other teams because everything has an effect on the Patriots, who they play, and how they'll fare against others.

The megathreads have gotten too mega.

And I certainly have ZERO problems with the greatest megathread ever, YOUR VERY OWN Random Jets Stuff Thread.

Cheers to Lisa, the perfect exception to the rule.

And I certainly have ZERO problems with the greatest megathread ever, YOUR VERY OWN Random Jets Stuff Thread.

Cheers to Lisa, the perfect exception to the rule.

I figured we had to keep them in a corner and under control.

:coffee:

All Colts fans must take a hit from a gravity bomb before they can post here...

I consider them the exceptions that make the rule....

Juss sayin...

I feel like hijacking this afternoon. Megathreads are hard to successfully hi-jack since no-one notices.

But you and I have both referenced "The exception that proves the rule".

Just thought I should add that it is a somewhat meaningless or misused saying that is used constantly in the English language.

Obviously, a violation of a rule can't prove there is a rule.

As I'm sure we all know here (cause we're smart) the phrase in it's correct usage generally is a rule of inference.

For example. You see a street sign that says "No parking on the first and third Wednesday from 8-12 for street-sweeping."

The sign sets out an exception. You fill in the rule mentally by inference:

"You can park here except no parking on the first and third Wednesday from 8-12 for street-sweeping."

Hijack complete,

Cheers, BostonTim

I like the megathreads if it's necessary (free agency thread, training camp thread), stuff that covers a large topic. Even the Colts and Jets threads are good IMO. I do tend to believe that a major singing should have its own thread because it tends to be reported in 3 different megathreads that are either very similar or not definite in what the purpose of the threads are.

I like the megathreads if it's necessary (free agency thread, training camp thread), stuff that covers a large topic. Even the Colts and Jets threads are good IMO. I do tend to believe that a major singing should have its own thread because it tends to be reported in 3 different megathreads that are either very similar or not definite in what the purpose of the threads are.

That sounds reasonable.

Let me just add that megathreads suck.

I've been giving some thought to occasionally moving posts out of the megathreads into to the specific topic thread.

Maybe someone could start a poll to find out if people would like this.

:coffee:

Actually, this is a great idea.

The moving part, I mean.

For me, because I live in the UK the time zone difference does mean that a lot of the stuff you guys post I don't get to see until the next day and if it's in a megathread it's almost impossible to know how far back in that thread I have to go to start catching up.
Most of you guys write good stuff that's really worth reading and it's a shame not to be able to do so because of the length of the thread.

We can always lock the megathreads* if everyone (or the majority) wants.

I'd be all for it. If someone wants to start a poll, we can see how the majority feels.

I guess one thing we could do would be to lock them temporarily, and if the need arose for whatever reason down the road, we could unlock them.

*except for the Colts and Jets threads.

I feel like hijacking this afternoon. Megathreads are hard to successfully hi-jack since no-one notices.

But you and I have both referenced "The exception that proves the rule".

Just thought I should add that it is a somewhat meaningless or misused saying that is used constantly in the English language.

Obviously, a violation of a rule can't prove there is a rule.

As I'm sure we all know here (cause we're smart) the phrase in it's correct usage generally is a rule of inference.

For example. You see a street sign that says "No parking on the first and third Wednesday from 8-12 for street-sweeping."

The sign sets out an exception. You fill in the rule mentally by inference:

"You can park here except no parking on the first and third Wednesday from 8-12 for street-sweeping."

Hijack complete,

Cheers, BostonTim

Ummmmmm.... Huh?

ROFL

This seems like a good hypothesis except that, even though there was a separate thread started for the LaFell signing, it's currently being discussed in at least four threads that I know of - same discussion in each thread, just different posters with the same claims, then counter-claims, then conjectures, then responses to those conjectures after someone has gone to look something up (which is basically the same information that another poster has looked up for another thread), and so on, with each discussion eventually reaching more or less the same benchmarks, turning points, etc.

It's like watching parallel universes play out. Fascinating. An even more enormous timesuck than a megathread, but fascinating nevertheless.

Back