Why the Jets are lucky to get this far.

jim_vh

Graduate of the University of Mars
Reaction score
Pregame key: Watch Matt Stover in warm-ups. All five postseason field goal attempts against the Jets have been misses, one reason for Jersey/B's improbable run. Cincinnati and San Diego place-kickers missed tries from the 28, 35, 36 and 40, and NFL kickers average about 85 percent success in this range. If these kicks went through the uprights, we wouldn't be talking J-E-T-S today.

LINK this is in the first 20% of this long article.

For the rest of the article, Easterbrook makes sense. I think the Colts win this game. I think I hate the Jets more than I hate Peyton. But it is close.

The way this is shaping up, Matt Stover's going to drill 6 FG's in this game and throw for a TD.

I think the Colts win in a laugher.

The Jets have made it this far because they have taken it to the other teams and beat the crap out of them. People who still choose to look at the Jets as the 4-6 team that couldn't get out of it's own way are missing a team that reminds me very much of the 2001 Patriots. Started out rough, picked up steam and figured it out just in time to play their best football in the playoffs.

Tough pill to swallow for Pats fans, but it is the truth. The Jets DESERVE to be where they are.

They are missing FGs because the JETS are teh awesome and they are frightened for their lives.

of course their lucky. they were lucky ever since the colts pulled their starters in the regular season game against them. if that didnt happen they wouldnt be in the playoffs. :banghead:

of course their lucky. they were lucky ever since the colts pulled their starters in the regular season game against them. if that didnt happen they wouldnt be in the playoffs. :banghead:

You're forgetting that they clinched a playoff spot in week 2.. and they would have beat the Colts even if the Colts had Peyton play on offense AND defense in that game. The only reason the Colts sat Peyton is because they were so afraid the awesome JETS were going to kill him and they'd win anyway because Rex Ryan is a defensive genius, so why not keep Peyton safe from harm.

Colts get up by a couple scores it is over. The Jets D is good, but Sanchez is no more than adequate at this stage. I think the Colts win thism one

jets are keeping it simple, something the pats used to do before 2007

Actually, what's scaring me is the other similarities. Let's face it. The Patriots took advantage of a lucky break, won an improbable victory and started one hell of a run that most have called a dynasty.

The Jets, likely wouldn't have even been in the post season except a couple of teams decided to rest starters. They took that lucky break, and are now sitting in the AFCCG.

Colts get up by a couple scores it is over. The Jets D is good, but Sanchez is no more than adequate at this stage. I think the Colts win thism one

The JETS don't allow touchdowns, so you'll not be ahead in this game at all.. there is no way the COLTS can beat the JETS, they already have a parade route planned for a Superbowl victory, do the COLTS have a parade route?

The Jets have made it this far because they have taken it to the other teams and beat the crap out of them. People who still choose to look at the Jets as the 4-6 team that couldn't get out of it's own way are missing a team that reminds me very much of the 2001 Patriots. Started out rough, picked up steam and figured it out just in time to play their best football in the playoffs.

Tough pill to swallow for Pats fans, but it is the truth. The Jets DESERVE to be where they are.

Yeah, not so much. The pats had a better passing game and the pats defense was not as good. The pats had a better coach, the pats went on to be the decades best team, lets hold back on the 9-7 jets who won a couple games before you start comparing them to the pats. Not to mention teams layed down so they could get in. So enough with comparing them to the pats that worked their ass off, its a freaking joke to compare these two teams.

Yeah, not so much. The pats had a better passing game and the pats defense was not as good. The pats had a better coach, the pats went on to be the decades best team, lets hold back on the 9-7 jets who won a couple games before you start comparing them to the pats. Not to mention teams layed down so they could get in. So enough with comparing them to the pats that worked their ass off, its a freaking joke to compare these two teams.

Relax, Midgar- I'm not comparing Sanchez to Brady....I'm just saying that overall the Jets have the same look/feel to me that the 2001 Pats did.

Relax, Midgar- I'm not comparing Sanchez to Brady....I'm just saying that overall the Jets have the same look/feel to me that the 2001 Pats did.

I didnt say anything about brady, I said this team that was given a playoff trip because they would have been 7-9 without it, is nothing like the pats in 2001.

Back