Will Belichick part ways or return to Patriots?

Will Belichick part ways or return to Patriots?

• Belichick will part ways

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Belichick will return

Votes: 36 85.7%

• Total voters
For what it's worth, I was one of the 6 people that voted that Belichik would leave. I don't follow this stuff as closely as a lot of you do, but figured that there was so much smoke, that there was a good chance there was fire. I thought that Curran is enough of a known figure that he wouldn't put himself on the line getting behind a story where he wasn't confident in the source. There's no upside in it for him to get a couple months of attention and then have everyone remember that he was wrong.

I'm not surprised that people thought Belichik might stay, I almost clicked that button. But, it's weird to me that the margin was 35-6. I think it's hard for people to accept that the dynasty is done and as long as the hoodie was there on the sidelines, it could feel like it wasn't quite over - that they'll make a couple moves, go on a roll and BB will have them on top again.

It was one of the best runs in sports history, but like the 90's Bulls or the 80's Celtics or the 70's Steelers, it had to end and we've been living on the fumes for a while. Hopefully, it won't be as long a wait for a new championship as it took to get to 2001.

For what it's worth, I was one of the 6 people that voted that Belichik would leave. I don't follow this stuff as closely as a lot of you do, but figured that there was so much smoke, that there was a good chance there was fire. I thought that Curran is enough of a known figure that he wouldn't put himself on the line getting behind a story where he wasn't confident in the source. There's no upside in it for him to get a couple months of attention and then have everyone remember that he was wrong.

I'm not surprised that people thought Belichik might stay, I almost clicked that button. But, it's weird to me that the margin was 35-6. I think it's hard for people to accept that the dynasty is done and as long as the hoodie was there on the sidelines, it could feel like it wasn't quite over - that they'll make a couple moves, go on a roll and BB will have them on top again.

It was one of the best runs in sports history, but like the 90's Bulls or the 80's Celtics or the 70's Steelers, it had to end and we've been living on the fumes for a while. Hopefully, it won't be as long a wait for a new championship as it took to get to 2001.
The offense could have been reset with BB and more influence via Wolf, but Babooshka went full on schmuck mode.

Whatever I guess…

lmao - the only reason Jones was here this year was because of Kraft - he's absolutely the starting QB next year.
He’s already been shooting his way out of town.
This is going to be a complete reset, a true rebuild which should have happened in 2020.

He’s already been shooting his way out of town.
This is going to be a complete reset, a true rebuild which should have happened in 2020.
No no, you have it twisted - he was shooting Bill Belichick out of town, with his media leaks and going up the backstairs to Kraft.
Mac Jones sold Kraft on everything being Belichick's fault - he's your starter next year.

No no, you have it twisted - he was shooting Bill Belichick out of town, with his media leaks and going up the backstairs to Kraft.
Mac Jones sold Kraft on everything being Belichick's fault - he's your starter next year.
Yeah, I can see Mac Jones staying and failing in NE.

Bob Kraft's drunken presser told us everything we needed to know - all the blanks were filled in.
That doesn't change the reality of the situation on the field. Mac Jones isn't going to suddenly become good because Mean Ol' Bill is gone. His fundamentals are complete dogshit, and his hero-ball tendencies might be even worse.

Lol

Bob Kraft's drunken presser told us everything we needed to know - all the blanks were filled in.
That doesn't change the reality of the situation on the field. Mac Jones isn't going to suddenly become good because Mean Ol' Bill is gone. His fundamentals are complete dogshit, and his hero-ball tendencies might be even worse.
So, another top 5 pick next year… 🤣

Back