Will Bruschi Be Back?

oldbagfan

No touchy
Reaction score
Lots of talk right now - and for good reason - about our LBs. Here's a short blurb on Bruschi. For us fans, it's just a guessing game at this point, but my guess would be Yes, he'll be back for another season. Just doesn't seem realistic that he would let that "last game" (arg) really be his last game. Opinions?

"Bruschi decision could be near
Email|Link|Comments (0) Posted by Christopher L. Gasper, Globe Staff February 23, 2008 03:57 PM
INDIANAPOLIS -- Brad Blank, the agent for Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi, said today that Bruschi will make it known soon whether he plans to return for a 13th season.

"He's taking inventory right now -- that's his term," said Blank, who is at the combine. His wife [Heidi] is a part of it and he'll make his intentions known soon."

Bruschi, who turns 35 in June, led the Patriots in tackles last year with 99, according to coaches' film review."

The chances of him returning just got better with Z Thomas signing elsewhere.

I do hope he comes back...no one personifies the mentality of this team more. Jr. even said it before the gamethatshallremainnameless. Its Tedy's team. When he finally does retire, the personality of the team will change. But will it be for the better....? I doubt it.

Whether or not he retires is none of my business.

But I hope he retires now, while he is ahead of the game. He's probably rich beyond belief, and so his family is all set financially, I would guess.

He still has something left in the tank, as they say. But that's okay. Better to leave now, and stop banging your body around anymore!

He's definitely been one of my favorite players, along with Troy Brown.

Anyway, I think Tedy Bruschi would make a heck of a coach, or if he choses, a heck of a tv/radio commentator, whether it be nationally, or locally.

Long live Tedy Bruschi!

Best of luck to him, whichever path he takes.

Who will lead the "How do we feel about..." chants if he leaves? :( He is one of my fave pats and not seeing him on the team will be a sad sight, but he's had a great career so he has the right to choose either option.

I agree with OBF- he's probably the LAST guy on the team that wants that "last game" to have been his finale. He'll be back, and we can call this year the "Bruschi Farewell Tour." Then he'll join Don Davis on the sideline as a coach of some sort.

He doesn't have much left in the tank, and is an undersized ILB that can't stay on the field for 3rd downs anymore. He's a part-time player at best right now. Jr is several years older than Tedy and he had a much better year surprisingly. Regardless of whether or not he comes back, the pats need a lot of help at LB.

Today's supposedly decision day for Bruschi:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1076517&srvc=rss
With the doors to free agency set to swing open at midnight, Tedy Bruschi is expected to reveal today whether he intends to continue playing or retire.

Earlier this week, his agent, Brad Blank, indicated the 34-year-old linebacker would inform the team of his plans before free agency.

--------------------------------------------------

I'm crossing my fingers that he'll be back.

Wandering Athol on 02-28-2008 at 11:14 AM said:
Today's supposedly decision day for Bruschi:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1076517&srvc=rss
With the doors to free agency set to swing open at midnight, Tedy Bruschi is expected to reveal today whether he intends to continue playing or retire.

Earlier this week, his agent, Brad Blank, indicated the 34-year-old linebacker would inform the team of his plans before free agency.

--------------------------------------------------

According to Holley on WEEI today is not the day.

I figure the guy wrote his book so he would have a bit of insight

Wandering Athol on 02-28-2008 at 11:14 AM said:

I'm with WA on this

unless he played with any heart irregularities that he could feel but was able to keep to himself while on field that were/are giving him second thoughts about returning, I'd love to see him back

he still has enough to be part of the LB corp, IMO, even if it isn't Full Tilt/Full Time

I'd like to see him back but only as part of the hail mary defense :LOL:

Sorry, I just think he's a liability. I'd rather have a liability in there with an upside.

I'd rather have Seau back.

I don't think he's that much of a liability. I mean he did lead the Pats in tackles....I would definitely like to see him in rotational duty if he does return, but I think he can still be a solid contributor.

If they had won, Bru would have quit. I think he'll come back to give it one more shot. I think, also, that he can still help them.

I love the guy, the sentimental fan in me wants him back. His profile is practically the Flying Elvis logo!

The rational/business side of me says he's definitely lost a step, but a liability? Maybe if he is going to have to play every down as he did down the stretch, but he can be quite an asset if we can make him part of a rotation as others have suggested.

I vote for him to come back if he wants to, and I hope he wants to.

Our current linebackers:
Starters:
50 Mike Vrabel LB 6-4 261 8/14/1975
96 Adalius Thomas LB 6-2 270 8/18/1977

Starters but may quit:
54 Tedy Bruschi LB 6-1 247 6/9/1973
55 Junior Seau LB 6-3 250 1/19/1969

Unseen Rank and File:
Pierre Woods LB 6-5 250 1/6/1982
52 Eric Alexander LB 6-2 240 2/8/1982

T.J. Slaughter LB 6-1 233
just signed, one year for minimum, didn't play last year.

Kyle Bissinger LB 6-3 250 8/20/1983
Contract has expired, no word on him

53 Larry Izzo LB 5-10 228 9/26/1974
Really just special teams

Terrifying if Bruschi and Seau leave. Terrifying. No depth whatsoever.

Tchok13 on 02-28-2008 at 07:29 PM said:
Our current linebackers:
Starters:
50 Mike Vrabel LB 6-4 261 8/14/1975
96 Adalius Thomas LB 6-2 270 8/18/1977

Starters but may quit:
54 Tedy Bruschi LB 6-1 247 6/9/1973
55 Junior Seau LB 6-3 250 1/19/1969

Unseen Rank and File:
Pierre Woods LB 6-5 250 1/6/1982
52 Eric Alexander LB 6-2 240 2/8/1982

T.J. Slaughter LB 6-1 233
just signed, one year for minimum, didn't play last year.

Kyle Bissinger LB 6-3 250 8/20/1983
Contract has expired, no word on him

53 Larry Izzo LB 5-10 228 9/26/1974
Really just special teams

Terrifying if Bruschi and Seau leave. Terrifying. No depth whatsoever.

Both Bruschi and Seau are either retirees or FA's as of midnight. Jus sayin.

Not on the inside..at least as far as I have read. There seem to be a lot of hybrid DE/OLBs but no one has any ILBs in the first round...

Next year certainly will be interesting.......

Back