Word is that Amendola has restructured/taken a pay cut to stay wit the Pats.

Shemp

Upright Member
Reaction score
I think it's a good move on both sides. Details should follow soon.

Deal is most likely around $2 mil according to Yates:

Field Yates of ESPN.com reports that wide receiver Danny Amendola has agreed to a pay cut from his scheduled $6 million salary. Amendola took a pay cut last year as well.

Amendola saw his compensation drop significantly from over $5 million to $1.6 million in 2016. Yates reports that he’ll make more than $1.6 million this year, but calls it a “slight increase” over that figure so it looks like another big alteration for the wideout.

Deal is most likely around $2 mil according to Yates:

Field Yates of ESPN.com reports that wide receiver Danny Amendola has agreed to a pay cut from his scheduled $6 million salary. Amendola took a pay cut last year as well.

Amendola saw his compensation drop significantly from over $5 million to $1.6 million in 2016. Yates reports that he’ll make more than $1.6 million this year, but calls it a “slight increase” over that figure so it looks like another big alteration for the wideout.

When I said "soon" I didn't anticipate immediate!:toast:

Glad to see DA willing to take less and stay with the team, I guess he loves getting those SB rings than he does getting paid!

Glad to see DA willing to take less and stay with the team, I guess he loves getting those SB rings than he does getting paid!

He also clearly loves strutting his stuff on the big stage.

Cheers

Absolutely fantastic news, team player for sure :clap:

I like that he's money on the field but not about the money. Good guy. :coffee:

The guy loves winning and has been a big part of our last two rings. So much to love. wuv

Love keeping him around. He kind of plays the Troy Brown role from later in his career. Get some key catches and is a reliable punt return option.

Sweet! Mr. Clutch is back for another season of stepping up with the big catch when most needed!

This team is so stacked it's almost beyond belief...!

A couple more years of this, and Amendola will be running down shopping carts in the Market Basket parking lot during the off season to make ends meet.
Tell me about it. I only make $2 mil a year myself and I have to work the drive through at Dunkin Donuts on Rte 1 in Saugus to keep food on the table.

tell me about it. I only make $2 mil a year myself and i have to work the drive through at dunkin donuts on rte 1 in saugus to keep food on the table.

lol.

If its a 1 year deal it is extrwmely team friendly. It would have cost 1.5m to cut him.

Back