WTF Thread

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder what drugs they were on in the Middle Ages

johnlocke

Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder what drugs they were on in the Middle Ages

Bad philosophy is what caused the middle and dark ages. The art is a reflection of that. During the dark ages, religion ruled the west, and the art was reflected mostly in humans looking like vile, disfigured creatures for example. Philosophy shapes culture and the culture is reflected in its art. Music, literature, and artworks, etc.

Tha said. This pic is hysterical. Can't even begin to imagine what this guy was thinking with this. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

patswin

WTF
Reaction score
Some time ago I was reading about political and cultural satire in medieval times and there were some examples of ridicule being directed at popes and kings and so forth. They had to be a little more discreet about it since the guillotine or worse was always a threat. Perhaps this is the medieval equivalent of a Babylon Bee tweet.

johnlocke

Reaction score
Some time ago I was reading about political and cultural satire in medieval times and there were some examples of ridicule being directed at popes and kings and so forth. They had to be a little more discreet about it since the guillotine or worse was always a threat. Perhaps this is the medieval equivalent of a Babylon Bee tweet.

Love it, man. Perfect analogy.