Yankees fans are classless

Spinal Tap

dicktowel.com
Reaction score
I just thought I would throw that out there. It's pretty low when the riot police have to line up along the foul lines because of a bunch of classless Yankee fans. What a bunch of cheap shot losers.

good point spinal ........
and wasn't it the Yankees President that called Boston fans class less last year?
People in glass houses ....... you know the rest.

HEY STEINBRENNER THIS IS FOR YOU AND YOUR F IN CITY :4321: :4321: :4321:
How fulfilling would it be to have Steinny sitting home watching the Sox in the WS :D

If you saw, Fox showed Red Sox fans doing the same thing at Fenway. Please don't try to sy this would never happen in Boston!! If that was Varitek and not A-Rod you would have thought it was a "heads up play"

GreenMachine said:
If that was Varitek and not A-Rod you would have thought it was a "heads up play"

I actually thought it was a head's up play. He was going to be out regardless and he's not going to be 'extra out' by doing what he did.

The Umps did a great job on that game last night, which is kind of refreshing for once.

I hope it's a clean game tonight - what a series!

Annihilus said:
I actually thought it was a head's up play. He was going to be out regardless and he's not going to be 'extra out' by doing what he did.

If he had resisted the temptation to try to smack the ball away Jeter would have been on second base, instead of forced to return to first.

I'm not sure he gave the strategic implications a lot of thought however.

On the other hand, if a Patriot were to make a bonehead play like that against the Steelers, we would (or should) hold it against him (or her, hypothetically speaking).

Annihilus said:

The Umps did a great job on that game last night, which is kind of refreshing for once.

I hope it's a clean game tonight - what a series!

I also thought it was heads up. He just got caught. However, if he had just taken the tag, Jeter would have been on 2nd instead of back to 1st. I'm sure that's not something that's thought about in a quick instant.

As far as Fenway fans go, every stadium has its yahoos. Some idiot decided that it would be funny to throw a foul ball back onto the field. If one idiot does, more are sure to follow. But throwing foul balls onto the field is not a malicous act like trying to hit an umpire with a ball. I don't paint all Yankee fans based on the actions of a few and I would hope the reverse is true.

GreenMachine said:
If you saw, Fox showed Red Sox fans doing the same thing at Fenway. Please don't try to say this would never happen in Boston!! If that was Varitek and not A-Rod you would have thought it was a "heads up play"

Valid point, except for the fact that it forced Jeter out of scoring position, putting him back on first base. I thought it was more a desperation mover than anything, however, I give A-Job credit for doing everything possible to get on base. That said, the classless act was the protest that insued when he knew he was caught red-handed. Had Arod simply gone to the dugout accepting that he got caught, I highly doubt the fans would have been as worked up. Arod's protest triggered the fans protest, and if it WERE in Boston, we would have protested too.

Fortunately for us, our superstars hit in big spots so we don't have to revert to desparation tactics to get on base.

GreenMachine said:
If you saw, Fox showed Red Sox fans doing the same thing at Fenway. Please don't try to sy this would never happen in Boston!! If that was Varitek and not A-Rod you would have thought it was a "heads up play"

I didn't say that it would NEVER happen in Boston. But the fact is that it DID happen in New York. It just goes to show what kind of animals they have for fans there. It wasn't just a couple of drunken fans. It was a lot of crap being thrown from a lot of different directions. Boston has had their fair share of idiot drunks acting like fools. But I don't recall seeing an entire stadium start acting like a bunch of monkeys. Yankees fans are CLASSLESS, deal with it.

I personally think that the people and fans in New York are almost exactly like their Boston equivalents minus the success.

But that same success did appear to be getting under their skin as they smelled things slipping away and they freaked en masse..

The pelting of the field with debris was a sign of insecurity from the fans that love to remind everyone how very secure they are, and the Yanks usually allow them that luxury.

I remember well the faces of those same fans last year during game 7 when it appeared that they were going down in flames.

With 3 straight wins and a back from the grave dope-slap from Boston, we might be seeing a lot more of that tonight if the Sox get a lead.

This is excruciating for both sides. Excruciatingly fantastic.

Will the empire crumble? Will the ghosts reappear?

I love this, look what one of the New York papers had to say today. They are still blaming the f*cking Umps. Come on.

GreenMachine said:
If you saw, Fox showed Red Sox fans doing the same thing at Fenway. Please don't try to sy this would never happen in Boston!!

When's the last time you saw 20+ police officers in full riot gear called on the field in Boston? Or any venue for that matter. Yeah, every stadium has idiot fans, but it does seem that Yankees fans tend to get more riled than most. Heck, when Boston comes to town, Duracell's stock goes up 5 points. Not to mention editorial articles in the Post and Times last year all but encouraging fans to bring batteries for Pedro in game 7.

Though I will say, hands down, that Oakland still has the worst fans out there, both football and baseball.

cadmonkey said:
I love this, look what one of the New York papers had to say today. They are still blaming the f*cking Umps. Come on.

Ya know, I was actually impressed by the fact that the Yankees site even admitted both calls that were overturned were done so correctly. Pretty stand up. Not that I'd expect the same from Daily Sport News.

GreenMachine said:
Tek would of ran through him not slap him ....thers a difference you silly man.:4321:

IT COULD NEVER HAPPEN IN BOSTON:D

UMass police arrest 35 after Red Sox win Game 6

Oct. 20, 2004
SportsLine.com wire reports Presented by Honda

AMHERST, Mass. -- University of Massachusetts police arrested 35 people early Wednesday morning after the Boston Red Sox beat the New York Yankees in Game 6 to even the American League Championship Series.

UMass police Chief Barbara O'Connor said about 2,000 people swarmed into the Southwest residential hall complex after Boston's 4-2 win over New York.

"At first, the behavior was fine, with the hooting and hollering and throwing toilet paper," O'Connor said. "But it escalated."

More than 100 campus, state and Amherst police officers arrived on the scene and told the crowd to disperse. When it didn't, they began making arrests.

UMass spokesman Patrick Callahan said police used smoke balls and pepper balls to break up the crowd.

He said there were no injuries or significant property damage reported.
AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

GreenMachine said:
IT COULD NEVER HAPPEN IN BOSTON:D

UMass police arrest 35 after Red Sox win Game 6

Oct. 20, 2004
SportsLine.com wire reports Presented by Honda

AMHERST, Mass. -- University of Massachusetts police arrested 35 people early Wednesday morning after the Boston Red Sox beat the New York Yankees in Game 6 to even the American League Championship Series.

UMass police Chief Barbara O'Connor said about 2,000 people swarmed into the Southwest residential hall complex after Boston's 4-2 win over New York.

"At first, the behavior was fine, with the hooting and hollering and throwing toilet paper," O'Connor said. "But it escalated."

More than 100 campus, state and Amherst police officers arrived on the scene and told the crowd to disperse. When it didn't, they began making arrests.

UMass spokesman Patrick Callahan said police used smoke balls and pepper balls to break up the crowd.

He said there were no injuries or significant property damage reported.
AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

That's the best you can do? UMASS students rioted when the Diamondbacks beat the Yankees........Christ, UMASS students riot if someone takes a good sh*t.

cadmonkey said:
That's the best you can do? UMASS students rioted when the Diamondbacks beat the Yankees........Christ, UMASS students riot if someone takes a good sh*t.

And besides that, UMASS Amherst is about 200 miles outside Boston. That is like saying the Haptons are in downtown Manhattan.

GreenMachine, Amherst is way way far away, way far west of Worcester. In Boston "west of Worcester" is synonymous with "beyond the pale."

It's like confusing the Jets and the Bills, it's so far away. Yes, technically both the Bills and Jets are in "new york" (even though the Jets play in New Jersey) but let's face it, they might as well be in different countries.

The lawlessness of New York City is world-renowned. Why do you think there are more policemen in New York City than troops in Afghanistan? New York City is the most lawless region of the world. There's no sense denying it.

Not only that, but that is a bunch of drunk college students. Ya know what, a bunch of drunk college students rioted outside of Fenway last season during the ALDS too.

However, these were NOT the fans in the game. Again, I ask, when is the last time you have ever seen 20+ officers in full riot gear called out onto the field at a professional sporting event. Not even Oakland has achieve that one to my knowledge, and that's saying something.

Moebius said:
Not only that, but that is a bunch of drunk college students. Ya know what, a bunch of drunk college students rioted outside of Fenway last season during the ALDS too.

However, these were NOT the fans in the game. Again, I ask, when is the last time you have ever seen 20+ officers in full riot gear called out onto the field at a professional sporting event. Not even Oakland has achieve that one to my knowledge, and that's saying something.

For christ's sake, I don't remember when I took 20 riot police to stop an actual PRISON RIOT!

Yankees fans brought the term "sore loser" to new heights last night. It was freaking hilarious to watch

Back