YOU'VE BEEN WARNED - discuss Star Wars The Force Awakens here ** Spoiler Alert **

After seeing this in theaters the first day it came out, I was impressed and enjoyed it, but I must say that I like it much MORE now that I've seen it a couple of more times on streaming. I think the newness of it all, and my initial reaction to how it was like a replay of "A New Hope" tempered some of my enthusiasm at the time.

I'm also being a total nerd on looking up the latest "rumors" on Episode 8. Damn thing won't be out until Christmas 2017 so it's a long wait. I hope Rogue One is good.

I actually watched this for the fist time about a week or two ago.

I thought it was "okay"

There was a little too much of a parallel plot to Ep 4. It started to annoy me.

And not for nothing but the Evil Engineers in this long ago, far away galaxy really need to smarten up about fatal flaws in the design, I'd be really pissed if I was a taxpayer. And I thought the Empire was destroyed, where the hell did the new world order come from and how did they generate enough economic activity to build a planet sized space gun in like 30 years?

And didn't the death planet shoot an energy ray across interstellar space? And it could be witnessed in other planetary systems in real time? Is it a space-time gun? Does it alter the fabric of reality? I'm probably being a little snobbish here but I like my science fiction to at least pretend there are laws of physics. This was like Harry Potter with blasters.

I'm probably being a little snobbish here but I like my science fiction to at least pretend there are laws of physics. This was like Harry Potter with blasters.

Err, umm, and the "force" is different from Harry Potter how?

Harry_Potter_is_even_more_thrilling_when_re_cut_in_the_style_of_Star_Wars__The_Force_Awakens.jpg

128igx.jpg

The parallels to A New Hope were WAY too much, I agree. I had to put that aside and look at it as a way to tie in old characters, introduce new ones, and re-engergize the franchise. JJ Abrams is very good at making entertaining movies, so I kinda let some of the things you mentioned slide a bit. would be good if they back fill how the heck they made an entire planet a weapon at some point.

I actually watched this for the fist time about a week or two ago.

I thought it was "okay"

There was a little too much of a parallel plot to Ep 4. It started to annoy me.

And not for nothing but the Evil Engineers in this long ago, far away galaxy really need to smarten up about fatal flaws in the design, I'd be really pissed if I was a taxpayer. And I thought the Empire was destroyed, where the hell did the new world order come from and how did they generate enough economic activity to build a planet sized space gun in like 30 years?

And didn't the death planet shoot an energy ray across interstellar space? And it could be witnessed in other planetary systems in real time? Is it a space-time gun? Does it alter the fabric of reality? I'm probably being a little snobbish here but I like my science fiction to at least pretend there are laws of physics. This was like Harry Potter with blasters.

I'm probably being a little snobbish here but I like my science fiction to at least pretend there are laws of physics. This was like Harry Potter with blasters.

I've thought this for years, but Star Wars has always been Fantasy (complete with a magic system) set in space, not Science Fiction.

I'm probably being a little snobbish here but I like my science fiction to at least pretend there are laws of physics.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZFOuxAx-dkc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm also being a total nerd on looking up the latest "rumors" on Episode 8. Damn thing won't be out until Christmas 2017 so it's a long wait. I hope Rogue One is good.

Did you read about the (alleged) plotline leak for Episode 8? Very interesting... though plausible... back-story for Rey. It's one of those things where if they do it right, it could blow you away. But if they do it wrong, oh boy...

Obviously chock full of spoilers, but who the hell knows if it's even 1% true!

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/4egl1i/episode_viii_script_leak_please_debunkconfirm/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZFOuxAx-dkc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's one of the things I liked about Babylon 5, they got the physics better than most.

Yeah they had sound effects, and the occasional "fire", but the latter could be justifed as using the oxygen in the ship.

The thing they did very well is the bit about not always using their thrusters and most importantly, letting ships pivot to fire while not changing their direction.

Something one never sees in any of the "Star" programs/movies.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/96idw23kHdY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Did you read about the (alleged) plotline leak for Episode 8? Very interesting... though plausible... back-story for Rey. It's one of those things where if they do it right, it could blow you away. But if they do it wrong, oh boy... Obviously chock full of spoilers, but who the hell knows if it's even 1% true! https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/4egl1i/episode_viii_script_leak_please_debunkconfirm/
That is insane one hell of a twist if true about Rey. Being the reincarnation of Vader . Would explain why she so good at flying a ship. Why the light saber choose her. Only way this is a spoiler is if it's true.

That is insane one hell of a twist if true about Rey. Being the reincarnation of Vader . Would explain why she so good at flying a ship. Why the light saber choose her. Only way this is a spoiler is if it's true.

I don't put too much stock in the supposed "plot leak" stories as it is usually someone who is just pushing their idea of how it should go.
look back at some of the "plot leak" stuff that was coming out before TFA was released. I saw a few back then and none of them were right... some being way off of what actually happened.

I expect in Ep. 8 we get Rey backstory, what happened to Luke's Jedi Academy, etc.

I don't put too much stock in the supposed "plot leak" stories as it is usually someone who is just pushing their idea of how it should go. look back at some of the "plot leak" stuff that was coming out before TFA was released. I saw a few back then and none of them were right... some being way off of what actually happened. I expect in Ep. 8 we get Rey backstory, what happened to Luke's Jedi Academy, etc.
I'm still hoping she some how related to obi won . Luke daughter is way to easy .

I'm still hoping she some how related to obi won . Luke daughter is way to easy .

I agree completely. lets not be to obvious!
Another theory floated was she is somehow Palpatine's daughter! I think people are looking for a connection to a powerful "force user" (dark side or light) to explain her abilities.

If Ren is Anni reincarnated does that mean she is going to be a whiney little bitch? The path to the dark side isn't pain and anger, it is middle school angst.
Does she get to say Luke I'm in your father .

So I see that Darth Vader returns in Rogue One a Star Wars story?

Cool.

Back