YOU'VE BEEN WARNED - discuss Star Wars The Force Awakens here ** Spoiler Alert **

On the Obi-Wan fathering a child (or several).... he could have seen it as a way of producing more future Jedi as they would likely be force-sensitive (not sure if that's an automatic in offspring but lets just assume it is).

That or as I said before, she doesn't have to be someones offspring.... could have been someone Luke recruited as a highly force sensitive child, then left on Jakku after Ben/Kylo went nutty and killed off the other young jedi/padawan's.

Can't wait to see the next movie as these will surely be answered.... I expect a darker movie in the vein of ESB... and there better not be any teddy bears clubbing first order storm troopers with sticks! :)

On the Obi-Wan fathering a child (or several).... he could have seen it as a way of producing more future Jedi as they would likely be force-sensitive (not sure if that's an automatic in offspring but lets just assume it is).

That or as I said before, she doesn't have to be someones offspring.... could have been someone Luke recruited as a highly force sensitive child, then left on Jakku after Ben/Kylo went nutty and killed off the other young jedi/padawan's.

Can't wait to see the next movie as these will surely be answered.... I expect a darker movie in the vein of ESB... and there better not be any teddy bears clubbing first order storm troopers with sticks! :)

Not a fan of ewoks .

View attachment 96989

Except when she was in the bar, the light sabre "called to her" and the Linda Hunt clone told her it was because it belonged to "her family" or something like that.

So since it had been Anakin's and Luke's, that implies that she is related to one of them.

Alternatively, she's related to Obi-wan since he had the light sabre for 20 odd years before he gave it to Luke.

Except when she was in the bar, the light sabre "called to her" and the Linda Hunt clone told her it was because it belonged to "her family" or something like that.

So since it had been Anakin's and Luke's, that implies that she is related to one of them.

Alternatively, she's related to Obi-wan since he had the light sabre for 20 odd years before he gave it to Luke.

Maybe "her family" refers to Jedi?? A bit of a reach, but I think it is so obvious if she turns out to be either Luke's daughter or Kylo's sister I'm hoping they go in another direction.

I gotta go see the movie again... when she touches the light saber and has visions, it was Luke and R2D2, Kylo and the Knights of Ren and... what else? the island?

Maybe "her family" refers to Jedi?? A bit of a reach, but I think it is so obvious if she turns out to be either Luke's daughter or Kylo's sister I'm hoping they go in another direction.

I gotta go see the movie again... when she touches the light saber and has visions, it was Luke and R2D2, Kylo and the Knights of Ren and... what else? the island?

Can't be ren sister. He would have sensed it . When he probed her mind . The same way Vader did with luke .

But isn't it also cannon that there are only two Sith at any given time?

So if the Emperor and Darth Vader were Sith, then wouldn't Plagueis have to be dead?

Edit: Of course it's also possible that the Emperor was simply lying about Plagueis to turn Anakin.

Was thinking of the scene in ROTS where Palp is telling Anakin the story. He says how Plagueis' apprentice "killed him in his sleep."

I've read theories that Snoke is Plagueis, and that he survived the attack from his apprentice (Palpatine), or simply regenerated somehow with his power to control midis, and has been quietly hiding out in the shadows, watching things transpire and waiting for an opportunity to resurface.

So, you have two (Plagueis, Palp) to start with... Palp kills Plagueis... eventually takes on Dooku and then Anakin...

And now Plagueis is back, trying to make Kylo Ren his #2.

It seems like the "head" Sith is always willing to replace his apprentice with one more talented, more powerful, etc. In ROTS, Palp practically talks Anakin into slaughtering Dooku. In other words, always a shaky alliance between the master and apprentice on the Sith side...

some excepts from the article:

According to the Star Wars: The Force Awakens script, the planet that Luke has been hiding on and where Rey finds him at the end of the film is actually called “Ach-to.” This planet features a "pristine and mighty" ocean that is "dotted with random, beautiful, mountainous black rock islands," as well as "countless green trees."

But what the Star Wars: The Force Awakens script does confirm is that Luke known who Rey is when they finally meet at the end of the film. The screenplay says that Luke “doesn’t need to ask her who she is, or what she is doing here.” The script also describes Luke Skywalker as having “kindness in his eyes”

Rey’s visions when she touches Luke’s lighsaber confirm that Cloud City was shown. And the scene when Luke is touching R2-D2 is when Kylo Ren attacked his new Jedi Academy.

The script also confirms that Rey was left in the care of Unkar Plutt (Simon Pegg) , the junk dealer of Jaku as the script says “Unkar Plutt’s meaty hand holds her thin arm” while the starship that brought her there flies off “towards the desert sun.”

And then we have Kylo Ren . The screenplay details that Ren is “horrified” and “somehow weakened” when he kills his father, Han Solo. This may explain why he became overmatched by Finn and Rey during the final battle.

The Force Awakens novelization confirms that Snoke informs Ren that Darth Vader’s connection and love to Luke was the reason the dark side fell, giving more weight to Ren’s decision to murder his father.

The script even goes even further to show that Rey, not Ren, has a harder fight with the dark side.

During the battle with Rey, the script emphasized that Ren feared for his life, noting that Rey nearly killed him before she realized that she was standing “on a greater edge than even the cliff — the edge of the dark side."

The novelization of The Force Awakens goes as far as to say that Rey heard an “amorphous” voice urging her to kill Ren, which, according to the audio book, appears to be Supreme Leader Snoke. Seems like Episode 8 will be dealing with Rey’s fight with the dark side.

All of this is setting up for what will happen in Episode 8. Thankfully, fans will only have to wait a little more than a year when Star Wars: Episode 8 releases in 2017.

I wouldn't expect for that to happen until Episode 9, The Next Return of the Jedi.

So maybe she's Luke daughter after all

well, I think it confirms that he knows her, but that leaves open the option of being "family" (Han/Leia) sort of Family (Obi-wan the father) or a young student that survived the attack of the Knights of Ren.

well, I think it confirms that he knows her, but that leaves open the option of being "family" (Han/Leia) sort of Family (Obi-wan the father) or a young student that survived the attack of the Knights of Ren.

You know there going to wait to the final 10 or 5 minutes of the movie. To tell her who's she related too.

You know there going to wait to the final 10 or 5 minutes of the movie. To tell her who's she related too.

could be... another speculation article I read said they "think" the next movie will start back when Luke is putting the Jedi Academy (or whatever you call it) together and will fill in the back story of Ben Solo/Kylo Ren going dark, then get to where Rey finds him on that island.
We got about a year and a half of this type of talk.
once a new teaser trailer comes out (summer maybe?) we'll start getting some hints.

couple of Google/Star Wars easter eggs as mentioend on thechive

in google search the term: a long time ago in a galaxy far far away

another, go to www.google.com/starwars
you can choose the dark or light side and have it add stuff to your google apps (if you gmail or google maps)

Can finally read this thread!

It took you 20 days to finally see the movie

I was going to wait for the video, but my daughter wanted to see a movie at the Lux cinema and Star Wars was on 3 of the 4 screens, so we figured, why not.

I'm not a Star Wars nerd. The film is entertaining, but makes not one difference in my life.

I was going to wait for the video, but my daughter wanted to see a movie at the Lux cinema and Star Wars was on 3 of the 4 screens, so we figured, why not.

I'm not a Star Wars nerd. The film is entertaining, but makes not one difference in my life.
did you see it in 3d? You did say the film was entertaining so it did make a difference in your life after all. It entertains you for two in a quarter hours.

did you see it in 3d? You did say the film was entertaining so it did make a difference in your life after all. It entertains you for two in a quarter hours.

My wife can't watch 3D movies due to a vision issue.
Being entertained for 2 hours does not make a difference in my life. :shrug:
But, Everyone gets joy from many different places. I make no judgements.

Back