Zappe is the Bridge QB…Moving Forward

Big/Sky/Fly

370hssv vw6!s tu36v
Reaction score
No vet QB needed. Zappe IS the vet QB. He’s the bridge QB for the next highly drafted QB…and, if he can play good enough, “possibly” THE unexpected next QB. Not likely, but possible.

No vet QB needed. Zappe IS the vet QB. He’s the bridge QB for the next highly drafted QB…and, if he can play good enough, “possibly” THE unexpected next QB. Not likely, but possible.

People here will probably disagree, but I don't think it's so crazy for the Pats to focus all of their resources on beefing up the O-line & receivers this year. Then, if they are able to acquire a franchise QB down the road, they'll be coming into a situation where they don't have any excuses for not performing. And, we get to see what Zappe evolves into with regular playing time. If he's better than back-up but we still get someone better instead, we should be able to trade him for something.

I'd still want a veteran, even if Zappe is the starter next year. He's still a new QB, learning this offense. It's good to have a veteran to help mentor young QBs. If they end up firing BB, there will liking be a house cleaning of assistant coaches, especially on the offense. Zappe could be onto his 3rd new offensive scheme.

I'd still want a veteran, even if Zappe is the starter next year. He's still a new QB, learning this offense. It's good to have a veteran to help mentor young QBs. If they end up firing BB, there will liking be a house cleaning of assistant coaches, especially on the offense. Zappe could be onto his 3rd new offensive scheme.
It’s just my opinion, but, it absolutely makes too much sense.

People here will probably disagree, but I don't think it's so crazy for the Pats to focus all of their resources on beefing up the O-line & receivers this year. Then, if they are able to acquire a franchise QB down the road, they'll be coming into a situation where they don't have any excuses for not performing. And, we get to see what Zappe evolves into with regular playing time. If he's better than back-up but we still get someone better instead, we should be able to trade him for something.
He’s the next Hoyer…100% believe it.

This has to be sarcasm.

Zappe doesn't have enough experience to mentor anyone. This won't work.
Signing a vet FA QB to start and mentor both Zappe and the rook is what I would do.

Back