Zappe ...

I love the "I think we should stick with Bledsoe" comment lmao...but I'm with Mac Jones currently too. But I love Bailey Zappe. I couldn't be happier with our current situation. But I do believe Mac Jones keeps his job..if he comes back and struggles..he's in trouble tho
As someone else has mentioned Mac will be facing tougher opponents when he comes back. Bad break for Jones good break for Zappe… However, BB is an awesome evaluator of talent and probably already knows who has the better upside… if he feels Zaps future is brighter LONG TERM then I could see Jones sitting unless Zappe suddenly acts like a rook… Bill immediately knew TB had that it in training camp, but still handed over the reins to Drew in the beginning…

It should be in Interesting to see what Bill does here. If Zap keeps winning does Bill go with the hot hand or does he put the 2nd year guy out there. Also let’s remember Drew just signed a massive contract and he still kept Tom as a starter… Jones is just a sophomore… I’m guessing based on Bill past he keeps Zappe in unless like Insaid before he starts playing like a rookie…

It should be in Interesting to see what Bill does here. If Zap keeps winning does Bill go with the hot hand or does he put the 2nd year guy out there. Also let’s remember Drew just signed a massive contract and he still kept Tom as a starter… Jones is just a sophomore… I’m guessing based on Bill past he keeps Zappe in unless like Insaid before he starts playing like a rookie…
Drew also waysnt Biil's guy, and had a lot of tape showing why he wasn't going to work in the O the team wanted to run.

Think we would be 1-5 without having Zappe.
With Hoyer? Or still assuming Hoyer went into concussion protocol and we roll out QBX?

I think we win both of the last two games with Hoyer - though not by as wide of margins, since we wouldn't have the rally-around-the-rookie factor - and have a good shot at the GB game as well, which was definitely Zappe's weakest game, and Hoyer was looking pretty sharp.

I would like to see Zappe play 2 more games, against Chicago and the Jets.

First, Mac is nowhere near 100%.

Second, if Zappe ends up sucking in either of those games, you end the QB controversy, Jones goes back in and very few, if any, question his return.

Third, if you put Jones back in now against Chicago, or next week against the Jets as his first game, and he gets destroyed, you're in the worst possible QB controversy situation, and with Jones at less than 100%, that is even more likely to happen....which isn't fair to him, either.

Fourth, if Zappe excels against Chicago, and then follows that up with a convincing performance against a "good team", the Jets, then you have a pretty good body of work to measure him by, and have a much better idea of his ceiling.

Two more starts for Zappe...and if he blows it in either game, you end the QB controversy and Jones returns stronger and with less of a monkey on his back. Seems like a no brainer to me. Gives Mac maximum time to get healthy, gives the team a solid body of work against a variety of opponents for Zappe.

Best case scneario, Zappe wins both games, and you end up with a QB controversy with two good QB's. Worst case scenario, you lose one or both games with Zappe, Mac gets two more weeks to heal, and comes back to end the controversy.

That article taught me more about Zappe in 7 mins. than reading 10 scouting reports ever could.

His genuine affection for her in the video spoke volumes for me about both of them.

With Hoyer? Or still assuming Hoyer went into concussion protocol and we roll out QBX?

I think we win both of the last two games with Hoyer - though not by as wide of margins, since we wouldn't have the rally-around-the-rookie factor - and have a good shot at the GB game as well, which was definitely Zappe's weakest game, and Hoyer was looking pretty sharp.
Just because of the situation. Without Zappe we would have Gilbert Garret Godfried or whatever his name is at QB.

Back