Zombie Lovers - World War Z

So bummed that December 21 didn't happen.

But I'm impressed with the trailer. LOOKS SO GOOD.

Ummm...yeah, I was really looking forward to this movie but running zombies? Seriously? I'm still excited to see it but more than a little concerned.

Wait.

Wut?

Its November! It aint ovah till the 22nd!

I mean for the release date. It was supposed to be out on December 21, which would have made it this last thing we all saw before we die. Now, we'll never see it. :(

I mean for the release date. It was supposed to be out on December 21, which would have made it this last thing we all saw before we die. Now, we'll never see it. :(
So what your saying is if Romney won 12/21/12 would have never happen? Fvcking Obama.....:sulk:

So what your saying is if Romney won 12/21/12 would have never happen? Fvcking Obama.....:sulk:

Political forum piggie.

I'm counting on a polar shift. Thinkin I'm sittin on some awesome beachfront property in a nice sub tropical climate.

WINNING!!!

I read the book, It's going to require a lot of re-working to make a movie.

I thought the trailer looked interesting (although the CGI looked God awful) but I have some friends who have read the book who are NOT happy. They're saying the trailer alone is so far off from the book that the movie isn't going to even come close.

This is not the Max Brooks novel

The character in the movie is not a character from the book. None of the events in the film happened in the book. In the book, the zombies are SLOW. Basically, they purchased the rights to the book, then wrote a film under its name completely from scratch. It's not looking good. I expect it to suck.:sulk:

The character in the movie is not a character from the book. None of the events in the film happened in the book. In the book, the zombies are SLOW. Basically, they purchased the rights to the book, then wrote a film under its name completely from scratch. It's not looking good. I expect it to suck.:sulk:

I haven't read the Walking Dead comics but I know many who have and there are a ton of characters on the show that never appeared in the comic and I guess the show also changed a ton of stuff the die hards aren't happy with. If you're gonna change the material that much then why not just call it something different all together?

I haven't read the Walking Dead comics but I know many who have and there are a ton of characters on the show that never appeared in the comic and I guess the show also changed a ton of stuff the die hards aren't happy with. If you're gonna change the material that much then why not just call it something different all together?

I look at it a different way - it's to prevent the uber-nerds from spoiling anything and everything under the sun. I think there's room for both approaches, depending on the subject matter.

I look at it a different way - it's to prevent the uber-nerds from spoiling anything and everything under the sun. I think there's room for both approaches, depending on the subject matter.

Makes sense. There's nothing I hate more than spoilers. I have a handful of shows I watch and I never watch them when they originally air. Some people on Facebook feel as if they can update their status with stuff like: "OMG!!! Character X just got killed off!!!! Noooooo!" Yeah, thanks for that.

Makes sense. There's nothing I hate more than spoilers. I have a handful of shows I watch and I never watch them when they originally air. Some people on Facebook feel as if they can update their status with stuff like: "OMG!!! Character X just got killed off!!!! Noooooo!" Yeah, thanks for that.

Simple. Don't check Facebook before you watch your shows. I record almost every Nebraska and Patriots game and don't start watching until it's about an hour in. I avoid Facebook and checking my fantasy football teams until I'm caught up. It's not their fault that they're excited about something they enjoy and want to share it.

The character Brad Pitt plays may not have been in the book, but it would've been an unfilmable movie the way that the book was written. Honestly, I see a ton of similarities in the few scenes shown in that trailer. Of course, the zombies were slow in the book. I still think it looks interesting, though.

As for the comparison with how The Walking Dead show is different from the comics, it is true that there have been divergences, but the basic plot and storylines have been very close to the same. Most of the things they have changed were for the good of the television show, in my opinion.

Simple. Don't check Facebook before you watch your shows.

That's what I've started doing this year. But Facebook has a special way of destroying lives! LOL.

That's what I've started doing this year. But Facebook has a special way of destroying lives! LOL.

I was sitting at my son's basketball practice last night at 8:00 and at 8:03 I get a text from a friend saying "HOLY SHIT!!" I knew it was about The Walking Dead so I texted him back telling him to STFU because I hadn't started watching yet.

To be fair, the Mayans never said exactly when on December 21st the world will end, so maybe the producers will be smart enough to open with afternoon matinees and the killer asteroids, prion disease and volcanoes won't start until everbody gets home.

I listened to the audiobook of WWZ a few years ago and I don't remember anything that resembles the trailer much at all, but it still looks really good.

I'm not sure if it's the last thing I want to see in my life, but I'll be sure to check the reviews in the meantime.

Back