1/16 : AFC Divisional Round NYJ @ Patriots

Well, we usually always defer to get it at halftime. The defense hasn't allowed a TD on the opening drive this season (I believe) so that factors into it, but also BB's philosophy. We always defer. I wouldn't expect any different.

Not positive but I don't think we have scored an off. 1st q. TD since week 4. If I was you I would defer.

So I have been thinking. Do we defer or take the ball if we win the toss. I'd like to jump out early but I would also like to end it early if we defer, go into halftime with a lead and then just end it 1st possesion of the second half.

I bet the Pats defer.

Defer, easily. Jets go 3 and out, Patriots go down and score, game's pretty much all over. As an added bonus, the Patriots would get the ball to start the 2nd half.

BB will always defer because if all things are even in time that would generally give us the last possession of the 1st half and first one of the 2nd half and a chance for a big swing in the score between those 2 possessions.

Or that would be my guess anyway.

<<
Not positive but I don't think we have scored an off. 1st q. TD since week 4.
>>

Ouch that's embarrassing.

BB will always defer because if all things are even in time that would generally give us the last possession of the 1st half and first one of the 2nd half and a chance for a big swing in the score between those 2 possessions.

Or that would be my guess anyway.

<<
Not positive but I don't think we have scored an off. 1st q. TD since week 4.
>>

Ouch that's embarrassing.

Think I heard that during the colts game sunday. And if its true, yes it is. And pathetic as well.

Very funny video about Jets draft mistakes.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rZxNeFLuY98?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rZxNeFLuY98?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Very funny video about Jets draft mistakes.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px;">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rZxNeFLuY98?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="390" width="640"></object>

I have lived it....can't bear to watch it again

"We Want Sapp! We Want Sapp!"

"The Jets select TE Kyle Brady - Penn St"

ROFL ROFL You almost feel sorry for them. Almost.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/11/mangini-joins-espn-for-a-weekend

Mangini joins ESPN, for a weekend

Posted by Mike Florio on January 11, 2011, 1:27 PM EST
ericmanginivsravens-e1293824873846.jpg
Eric Mangini is going home. Sort of.
The Connecticut native will return on Sunday to participate in Bristol-based ESPN’s coverage of the Jets-Patriots division-round showdown.
Kevin Armstrong of the New York Daily News (via SportsBusiness Daily) reports that Mangini will join ESPN on a short-term basis, with the assignment of providing analysis in advance of Sunday’s Brouhaha in Foxbora. (We took poetic license with the spelling to make it rhyme.)
Mangini also is in pretty good position to provide analysis of Saturday’s Ravens-Steelers game, given that he coached the Browns for two years after leading the Jets for three. But given the whole Belichick and Spygate angle, it’ll be far sexier for Mangini to talk Jets-Pats.
It remains to be seen whether word of Mangini’s hiring prompted Adam Schefter and Hannah Storm to share another high five.

Thats right a Super Bowl MVP is way more reputation than substance. Welker is a nice little check down option that works very hard so sure plenty of teams would like to have him.

Holmes MVP with Pittsburgh.
Branch MVP with Patriots.....could have been twice. :coffee:

"We Want Sapp! We Want Sapp!"

"The Jets select TE Kyle Brady - Penn St"

ROFL ROFL You almost feel sorry for them. Almost.

O'brien over Marino.....Toon over Rice.....Thomas over Emmit....the list goes on

So I have been thinking. Do we defer or take the ball if we win the toss. I'd like to jump out early but I would also like to end it early if we defer, go into halftime with a lead and then just end it 1st possesion of the second half.

I bet the Pats defer.
Defer.
Pick-6.
TD on first drive.
TD as the first half runs out.
TD on first drive of 2nd half.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok then, if you wanna play it that way.

If the Jests win the toss do they defer?

AH HA!

Of course they will. Rex is elevating his game this week. Copying BB will make him a legend. Might even wear the grey Hoodie, and keep the challenge flag in his sock. (Rex thinks that's kinky...)

Fitting place for my first post.

Let me start by saying, yes I am a Jet fan.

I've tried to keep the mentality of one game at a time, and it is the playoffs and everything can happen. However.....

I really don't see any team in the NFL beating the Patriots right now...call me a realist or an idiot. Oh and kudos to our dumb head coach that just pissed off Bill Bellichick and Tom Brady...not a smart move.

Fitting place for my first post.

Let me start by saying, yes I am a Jet fan.

I've tried to keep the mentality of one game at a time, and it is the playoffs and everything can happen. However.....

I really don't see any team in the NFL beating the Patriots right now...call me a realist or an idiot. Oh and kudos to our dumb head coach that just pissed off Bill Bellichick and Tom Brady...not a smart move.

:Lwelcome:

This is an awesome place to talk about football (in here) or other stuff (in the circus). As for you coach, I think Rex has a bad case of turrets and can't help himself. Sadly, it seems that condition has went on to his players also (Edwards and Cro). The Jets are in for a beating of a lifetime if they play like they did against my Colts.

:Lwelcome:

This is an awesome place to talk about football (in here) or other stuff (in the circus). As for you coach, I think Rex has a bad case of turrets and can't help himself. Sadly, it seems that condition has went on to his players also (Edwards and Cro). The Jets are in for a beating of a lifetime if they play like they did against my Colts.

Tourette-asaurus Rex?

Back