1 Play

Hemi_1

Reaction score
With 3:17 left to go in the game.
Sanders was on the Sideline
Marlin jackson was headed their as well
The Zebras spotted the ball and the clock started.
tick...tick....tick.....tick

The Colts were short a man on "D"

The pundits were all yelling they were confused and needed to take a time out.

Another Colt Defender ran onto the field, tick...tick...tick.

The Colts "D" were all looking at each other as if they really were confused, tick....tick......tick

With 3:05 left, Dungy takes a TO.

Anyone care to explain that situation to me? Anyone remember it?

<<
>>

Big screwup on the Colts part. I believe the called the wrong defensive grouping and when they realized the personnel were wrong to face who the Pats had on the field were trying to change up and nobody knew WTF was going on.

I was stunned that Brady didn't rush to get the play off and really stick it to them. Not that it mattered in the end but I couldn't believe Josh or BB weren't screaming into the headset to hurry up and get the play off before the Colts could get their shit together. Maybe they felt they would score anyway and wanted more time run off the clock.

Hemi_1 on 11-07-2007 at 12:29 PM said:
With 3:17 left to go in the game.
Sanders was on the Sideline
Marlin jackson was headed their as well
The Zebras spotted the ball and the clock started.
tick...tick....tick.....tick

The Colts were short a man on "D"

The pundits were all yelling they were confused and needed to take a time out.

Another Colt Defender ran onto the field, tick...tick...tick.

The Colts "D" were all looking at each other as if they really were confused, tick....tick......tick

With 3:05 left, Dungy takes a TO.

Yeah, Annihilus remembers it....but you pretty much described all there was to it.

Not sure why Brady didn't just snap the ball.

Jackson was hurt and the Colts medical staff ran on the field, at that point he had to come off or the Colts lose a timeout, as Jackson comes off his replacement came with him and once told the replacement ran back on the field....at this point the Pats could have run a play and caught the Colts out of position so the Colts called a Time-out to stop the Pats from Scoring - omce the time out was called Jackson could return to the field

IIRC, the officials stopped the clock because Jackson was dinged up. When they do that, the injured player must come off the field for at least one play. It seemed to me that Jackson wanted to stay in and that resulted in confusion when substituting. Prior to the next play, one Colt defender came running off the field while another was rushing to get on. Then the defenders started to look around completely confused.

After the TO, both Jackson and Sanders were back on the field (allowed after a timeout). Of course, the Pats ended up scoring anyways. That TO ended up costing Indy a chance to get the ball back with a slim chance to pull the game out.

I remember this. I was also shocked that Brady didn't snap the ball while this was happening. I would really like to know why he didn't, that seems like a major mental error to me. If they give you a free play w/ penalty, you take it.

Wes Welker summed it up, do you really need it explained?

harrisonhits on 11-07-2007 at 01:35 PM said:
<<
>>

Big screwup on the Colts part. I believe the called the wrong defensive grouping and when they realized the personnel were wrong to face who the Pats had on the field were trying to change up and nobody knew WTF was going on.

I was stunned that Brady didn't rush to get the play off and really stick it to them. Not that it mattered in the end but I couldn't believe Josh or BB weren't screaming into the headset to hurry up and get the play off before the Colts could get their shit together. Maybe they felt they would score anyway and wanted more time run off the clock.

remember. their headet wasnt working. Hand signals had to be used all through the game.

But yeah..I thought Brady himself would run a play.

(P - shoulder)† on 11-07-2007 at 01:38 PM said:
I remember this. I was also shocked that Brady didn't snap the ball while this was happening. I would really like to know why he didn't, that seems like a major mental error to me. If they give you a free play w/ penalty, you take it.

This is what I was thinking as well, Snap the ball and take the easy stuff.

Seems the loss of the TO ended up hurting the Colts even more.

See, the Pats are a more than Fair team, they allowed the Colts to get their TO, bring in their best defensive set then SCORED. ROFL

babalu87* on 11-07-2007 at 01:39 PM said:
Wes Welker summed it up, do you really need it explained?

I just watched that play again last night and it got me wondering is all.

I dissagree with Welkers summary, those guys do not suck. They just couldnt play 60 minutes.

bideau* on 11-07-2007 at 01:36 PM said:
IIRC, the officials stopped the clock because Jackson was dinged up.

Chad Jackson got hurt AGAIN?!? :banghead:

Hemi_1 on 11-07-2007 at 01:44 PM said:
I just watched that play again last night and it got me wondering is all.

I dissagree with Welkers summary, those guys do not suck. They just couldnt play 60 minutes.

Make the game a fairly officiated contest
Patriots win by 17

Block in the back on the Addai run
PI on Hobbs
Just to name a few
ETC ETC ETC

I was also shocked that Brady didn't snap the ball while this was happening. I would really like to know why he didn't, that seems like a major mental error to me. If they give you a free play w/ penalty, you take it.
Not to pick on you, P-shoulder, but there are rules about injury time-outs. The injured player must come out, and his substitute must be allowed to take the field. If you try to hurry up and snap the ball, the refs can flag you for "unsportsmanlike conduct."

I'm sure Brady played it safe, rather than give the zebras another excuse to penalize the Patriots. :cool:

You could always assume that Brady was taking his time trying to read what defense the confused were trying to align themselves in.

When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was about a new nickname for Merriweather.

Starshatterer on 11-07-2007 at 02:22 PM said:
Not to pick on you, P-shoulder, but there are rules about injury time-outs. The injured player must come out, and his substitute must be allowed to take the field. If you try to hurry up and snap the ball, the refs can flag you for "unsportsmanlike conduct."

I'm sure Brady played it safe, rather than give the zebras another excuse to penalize the Patriots. :cool:

Well they restarted the Game clock. So, I am not so sure they could have flagged them for that.

If the Game clock is running then the game is ON.

grogsox* on 11-07-2007 at 04:13 PM said:
When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was about a new nickname for Merriweather.
:LOL:

On a related note, I always find myself yelling at Koppen to snap the ball when the defense has blatantly jumped offsides, but he never listens to me. :shrug:

Back