18 Game Season - 16 Limit Per Player

This is a rehash of a previous proposal by the idiot Peter King. Stupid on so many levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On one aspect it would be awfull interesting to see how teams would have to deal without their starting QB for two games. All the other players wouldn't be a big deal. I mean the last two games of the season are normally relevant to playoff seeding. So when do you rest that QB

This is the stupidest idea ever.

What's next? You have to use a hedgehog instead of a football if you're up by more than 14? Think of the challenge! So entertaining!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Clown shirts Goodell is my initial opinion of diluting the product with the 16 game limit. What ever happened to the idea of putting your best players on the field?

So, why not limit the coaches to 16 games, too? cuckoo

Ultimately, it's up to the players if the NFL makes it worth it to them. They'll vote on the 18 game season as currently proposed but I can't imagine it happening unless the money is huge.

The coaches in the league should be absolutely dead set against the 16 game limit. Imagine getting fired or losing an important game you didn't think you'd have to win because of that 16 game limit. Suddenly, 'Relief' kickers become mercenaries signed to short term contracts & make the rounds from 1 team to the next in high demand. It's a bidding war & weekly salaries skyrocket. "Sorry, coach, I'm booked for that Sunday but I'm available for your Thursday night game. I'm getting $500K per game now." No thanks.

Clown shirts Goodell is my initial opinion of diluting the product with the 16 game limit. What ever happened to the idea of putting your best players on the field?

So, why not limit the coaches to 16 games, too? cuckoo

Ultimately, it's up to the players if the NFL makes it worth it to them. They'll vote on the 18 game season as currently proposed but I can't imagine it happening unless the money is huge.

The coaches in the league should be absolutely dead set against the 16 game limit. Imagine getting fired or losing an important game you didn't think you'd have to win because of that 16 game limit. Suddenly, 'Relief' kickers become mercenaries signed to short term contracts & make the rounds from 1 team to the next in high demand. It's a bidding war & weekly salaries skyrocket. "Sorry, coach, I'm booked for that Sunday but I'm available for your Thursday night game. I'm getting $500K per game now." No thanks.

All true.

But they put blinders on when it comes to potential revenue increases. Thursday nts is a prime example of lack of concern for both the product and player safety. Why would they deviate wrt 18 games?

The idea of 18 games on its own, is stupid. Instead of working to improve what is already the number 1 sport in the country, they would rather dilute the product, simply for a little more money

I like to watch football, so I like the idea. Players can decide if they want it or not, but I'm fine with more games. Spread them out longer with 2 bye weeks, I don't care. That would give us 20 weeks a year of football.

Move the draft up to the first week in March, with OTA's in March, players get more recovery time with three solid months off: April, May, June, and a month to get into shape: July.

Sorry, I just like to watch football.

18 games is technically fine if the players agree (I'm OK with 16) but the idea of capping players at a max game number below that is completely retarded.

Preseason games are, for the most part, broadcast locally. If two more games actually counted, under current rates, ESPN, Fox, CBS and NBC would pay approximate $500 million more per year combined.

:coffee:

Unfortunately with the money involved I don’t see how expanding the season is avoided. Definitely don’t want to see it, but it’s reality. What I’d like even less would be an expansion of playoffs, which unfortunately I also see as inevitable.

Unfortunately with the money involved I don’t see how expanding the season is avoided. Definitely don’t want to see it, but it’s reality. What I’d like even less would be an expansion of playoffs, which unfortunately I also see as inevitable.

Sadly I agree.

The founding members must be rolling in their collective graves.

The money is already insane. The endless drive for more is absurd.

Nothing instituted now is for the betterment of the game. Everything was in days gone by.

there are reasons beyond bad coaching that could happen. The team is 6-7 after 13 and needs to win out against tough opponents. If you don't win the first 4 the last game doesn't matter.

I'm sure Bill hates this proposal.

For one reason, he has always showed respect for each and every opponent we play (with very few exceptions) and if he were, for instance, to start Brian Hoyer against a lesser opponent that pretty much makes his glowing pre-game comments about them look like a complete pile of horseshit.

Greed knows no bounds.

NFL Owners Propose 18 Game Schedule Where Players Are Limited To Playing In 16 Games https://www.barstoolsports.com/bars...re-players-are-limited-to-playing-in-16-games

Ok...this must be tied to the players union agreement? Dumb question...whatever (I'm not afraid of asking dumb questions...obviously ;).

Wouldn't this make more sense to propose the "addendum" to the next union agreement thing? :shrug_n:

Why would they do this now?...

Back