20 inches of snow

The weather forecast was that we in southern Maine was suppose get about 3 inches of snow with heavy rain.

Well the official total is 20 inches with over 2 feet just a few miles away from me. So, now I have to go out and remove it.

If I don't post ever again, it's been fun.

That's nothing. In London, we frequently get an inch or two of snow. By frequently, I mean perhaps once every year or two.

That's nothing. In London, we frequently get an inch or two of snow. By frequently, I mean perhaps once every year or two.

And the Brits are probably in their beds in a fetal position sucking their thumbs. While we Americans go out and take on Mother Nature.

9 °F at my house this morning.

Just finishing shoveling the driveway, etc. About 5" in most places (I live in the MetroWest area) - light and fluffy except for the plow piles at the driveway's end.

Sun is out - now having coffee and English muffins with cheese.

Another glorious day, and it's just getting started.

0 degrees this morning here, but only about 3 inches of snow. Got out and shoveled and cleaned off the cars, now on second pot of coffee after eating some wonderful low carb pancakes.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

up early shoveled the couple inches of fluffy snow, did the groceries, went snowshoeing. then made green pepper, onion, cheddar and fresh from the hen eggs omelets for brunch. chores done exercise done - time to relax

I sure we wish we could get hit with 20+" of snow, I think we might have 3-4" at the house and less than a foot at our remote cabin.

We got 2" here. Still used it as a first opportunity to take my new toy out of the garage and hit the driveway with it.

Major giant fearsome rainstorm in No. CA. Perfect weather to snug down and watch playoff football. Life is good.

:patriotlogo:

Looney California Greenies have torn down almost 500 damns and impoundments, so they can't control flooding or accumulate water for drought periods. These clods said totally unneeded, and will never be filled. Zero brains are fully in charge there... :shrug_n:

Looney California Greenies have torn down almost 500 damns and impoundments, so they can't control flooding or accumulate water for drought periods. These clods said totally unneeded, and will never be filled. Zero brains are fully in charge there... :shrug_n:

Well a very Happy New Year to you too! Lemme give you a big ol' smooch for being such a sweetie.

Ok, so this thread was about snow and now it's about rain???

Rain is like snow, only it's not frozen, and you don't have to shovel it, or slip and fall on it,and it doesn't stay on the ground forever so you can't play golf, and your car doesn't slip and slid off the road.

Other than that, it's the same thing.

Crazy weather here for sure. Close to a foot at my place. Over 40" on the other side of the mountains. Now we're looking for an ice storm tomorrow. Weird.

Ok, so this thread was about snow and now it's about rain???

Rain is like snow, only it's not frozen, and you don't have to shovel it, or slip and fall on it,and it doesn't stay on the ground forever so you can't play golf, and your car doesn't slip and slid off the road.

Other than that, it's the same thing.

As the old Bolshevik remarked to his wife as they looked out the window at the storm: "Rudolph the Red knows rain, dear!"

:rimshot:

Back