2012 Training Camp Thread

Well, at least three of his picks, AFAIK, have come from reeling in balls that were tipped by someone else, rather than getting in front and making the pick on his own. That's not a bad thing, though. If he wasn't the primary coverage for that receiver on that play, it still means that he was in the proper position and apparently has excellent hand-eye coordination. Or he's extremely lucky, though I think he's way ahead of every other DB on the roster in catching deflections. He's also had a few of his own PDs, so he's getting there.

If he can show a bit of these things against Philly and blow up some blockers and the ball-carriers a few times, I'd say the job is his.

He's probably got pretty good hand eye coordination from rugby. The ball is on the turf fairly often!

27th to 75
Sept. 4 to 53

iirc

I've read some conflicting information, but it seems that 4pm, Monday Aug 27th is the consensus deadline for cuts to 75 (and the Pats play the Giants that night). Oddly, ESPN has the first cut to 80 instead of 75.

Apparently, Friday, Aug 31st is the deadline for final cuts, with practice squads able to be formed Sunday, Sep 2nd (because the first regular season game is Wednesday, Sep 5th instead of the usual Thursday).

What I can't recall is when a player can be moved directly to IR without having to clear waivers. Is that after first cuts or only after final cuts?

From Comcast Sports:

The activation of Sebastian Vollmer and Daniel Fells from the Physically Unable to Perform list is imminent, a source told Tom E. Curran on Saturday.

From Comcast Sports:

This would be nice. Any word on what happened to Schianco? I was there the day he dropped out but I couldn't really tell what was wrong with him. Concussion maybe?

Remaining pre-season schedule:

--- AUGUST

Sun, 19 - (off)
Mon, 20 - GAME: Pats v PHL
Tue, 21 - (off, travel)
Wed, 22 - PRAC w/TBY
Thu, 23 - PRAC w/TBY (walkthru)
Fri, 24 - GAME: Pats @ TBY
Sat, 25 - (off, travel)

Sun, 26 - PRAC
Mon, 27 - PRAC
Tue, 28 - Cuts to 75 (off, travel) healthy bodies who don't make the trip probably CUT
Wed, 29 - GAME: Pats @ NYG
Thu, 30 - (off, travel)
Fri, 31 - Final Cuts

--- SEPTEMBER

Sat, 1

Sun, 2 - P-Squad formation
Mon, 3
Tue, 4
Wed, 5 - NFL Kickoff: DAL @ NYG
Thu, 6
Fri, 7
Sat, 8 - (off, travel)

Sun, 9 - GAME: Pats @ TEN

From Reiss' summary of missed practices:

## Bold = still out AFAIK
** = IR candidates?? With only 4 practices and 3 games remaining before Final Cuts, seems to me that these (**)guys need to make an immediate return to action.

-- 18 practices --
G Brian Waters (yet to report)

TE Jake Ballard (active/PUP - knee surgery)
T Markus Zusevics (active/NFI - torn pec)
DT Myron Pryor (active/PUP - shoulder surgery)
## I'm guessing these three simply revert to regular-season Reserve/PUP.

TE Daniel Fells (active/PUP - knee?)
T Sebastian Vollmer (active/PUP - back)
## Rumored to be coming off PUP soon.

16 practices -- **CB Alfonzo Dennard (hammy, since 7/27)

15 practices -- **LB Tracy White (unk, since 8/2)

14 practices -- **TE Visanthe Shiancoe (hammy?, since 7/29)

13 practices -- **DT Jonathan Fanene (unk, since 8/2)

-- 12 practices --
**FB Spencer Larsen (unk, since 8/2)
**T Matt Kopa (ankle, since 8/2)
G Logan Mankins (while on PUP)

9 practices -- **T Kyle Hix (since 8/6, shoulder)

8 practices -- WR Jeremy Ebert

7 practices --
S Nate Ebner
OL Nick McDonald
DT Gerard Warren (unk, since 8/8, probably just "veteran rest")

6 practices -- S James Ihedigbo (unk, since 8/12)

5 practices -- FB Eric Kettani (calf, since 8/12)

4 practices --
TE Rob Gronkowski
WR Brandon Lloyd
DT Ron Brace
CB Malcolm Williams (unk, since 8/12)

3 practices --
LB Brandon Spikes
TE Aaron Hernandez

2 practices --
S Will Allen
WR Jabar Gaffney (leg, since 8/16)
T Darrion Weems

1 practice --
G/C Dan Connolly
DE Jake Bequette
T Dustin Waldron
G Jeremiah Warren
RB Stevan Ridley (leg/knee?, since 8/16)
S Tavon Wilson (ankle, since 8/16)
=====================================
## Recently injured who seem unlikely to play against Philly:
Ihedigbo
Kettani
Williams
Gaffney
Ridley
Wilson

5 practices -- FB Eric Kettani (calf, since 8/12)

4 practices --
TE Rob Gronkowski
WR Brandon Lloyd
DT Ron Brace
CB Malcolm Williams (unk, since 8/12)

Kettani and Williams returned to practice on Friday.

BB has a presser at 8:30 this am.

TAMPA -- Welcome to Tampa, where a light drizzle, temperatures in the mid 70s and high humidity greeted us late Tuesday night upon arrival.

We'll get started quickly as the Patriots and Buccaneers aren't wasting any time. The teams will practice together this morning at team headquarters at One Buccaneer Place.

8:30 a.m. -- Bill Belichick addresses media before practice
9 a.m. -- Practice (media access for the first 30 minutes)
11 a.m. -- Player interviews after practice

A quick feel for the area here:

Tampa is hosting the Republican National Convention next week, which those arriving at the airport are reminded of with several signs and banners. Once exiting the airport, a sign along the road reads: Welcome to Tampa, City of Champions. Super Bowl. Stanley Cup. Arena Bowl.

The stadium and Buccaneers headquarters are close to the airport, so everything is close by.

Temperatures are expected to be in the high 70s to low 80s during this morning's practice with high humidity. Bill Belichick said the conditions will be good for the Patriots as they prepare for some of their early-season games, starting with the season opener at Tennessee on Sept. 9.
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-...ces?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Here's some player ties for the 2 teams

Former Patriots

• Tampa Bay WR Tiquan Underwood played in six games with the Patriots in 2011. Underwood recorded three receptions for 30 yards during his time with the Patriots.
  • Tampa Bay C/G Ted Larsen was drafted by the Patriots in the sixth-round of the 2010 NFL Draft.
  • Tampa Bay senior offensive assistant Jimmy Raye spent one season as the Patriots offensive coordinator (1990).
  • Tampa Bay defensive front seven coach Bryan Cox played for the Super Bowl XXVI Champion New England Patriots.
  • Tampa Bay defensive line coach Randy Melvin served as the Patriots defensive line coach under Bill Belichick from 2000-01. Melvin was a member of the Patriots coaching staff when the team won Super Bowl XXVI.

Former Buccaneers

• Patriots CB <nobr>Kyle Arrington</nobr> spent the final 14 weeks of the 2008 season on the Buccaneers practice squad. Arrington was signed to the 53-man roster early in the 2009 season and appeared in one game for Tampa Bay before he was waived and subsequently claimed by New England.
  • Patriots TE <nobr>Daniel Fells</nobr> began the 2008 season on the Tampa Bay practice squad before being signed to the Rams active roster in early October.

Some facts about BB for the Tampa media

Bill Belichick has 192 career victories as a head coach, including playoff games. Belichick moved past Bill Parcells into sole possession of ninth place in all-time coaching victories. Chuck Knox is in 8th place with 193 wins.

Bill Belichick (192) needs one more win to tie Chuck Knox (193) for 8th place all-time and 10 more wins to move past Dan Reeves (201) into seventh place all-time.

Belichick (17) needs one more postseason victory to move out of a fourth place tie with Joe Gibbs into sole possession of third place all-time in postseason wins. Tom Landry (20) is in first place followed by Don Shula (18).
http://www.patriots.com/news/articl...ccaneers/f21db35e-a5ff-4f96-9011-37749bacf048

Fells, Vollmer, Demps, Larsen, Wilson will practice, too. The first practice that's not open to public. Coincidence? ;)

Mebbee so, but Bolden has to show in games what he has been showing in camp. I could see the possibility of Kettani making a 4 person backfield if BB thinks he can contribute as a lead blocker and key ST'er.

I don't know much about Larsen, but I doubt he can run as effectively as Kettani based on what I remember about him at Navy. This guy was a smart, instinctive, powerful runner there and is just getting his sealegs back.

I didn't think Bolden look bad at RB, (even if he did suck @$$ on special teams). One of the things I look at is what happens after the first hit, and Bolden usually got more yards, (unless he was hit in the backfield before he got any momentum).

Demps is working KOR's according to Tom E. Curran. #42

Back