2014-2015 NFL schedule

EasyBigFella

Got 6? YUP
Reaction score
Supposed to be released today, but now the NFL is saying "maybe tomorrow or Thursday". WTF is this noise? Can't remember the league being this flighty before. I understand they want to steal the spotlight from the NHL/NBA playoffs, but some of us want to make travel plans.

Any guesses on the Pats opener? I think they open at home vs. Oakland or Cincy.

I just want to know when the bears game. My brother & friend are huge bears fans

Supposed to be released today, but now the NFL is saying "maybe tomorrow or Thursday". WTF is this noise? Can't remember the league being this flighty before. I understand they want to steal the spotlight from the NHL/NBA playoffs, but some of us want to make travel plans.

Any guesses on the Pats opener? I think they open at home vs. Oakland or Cincy.

Same here...we're patiently waiting for the schedule to roll out so we can plan our first ever "in person" game this fall. I'm not a very patient person!

The NFL announced that the schedule will be released at 8pm Wednesday, 4/23.

Ben Volin seems to think we will be opening at the Jets in prime time and our home opener will be in week 2 vs. Oakland. Not sure if he has intel or just what he thinks, but he's usually pretty spot on.

If he's right, that's 3 straight years opening on the road.

Ben Volin seems to think we will be opening at the Jets in prime time and our home opener will be in week 2 vs. Oakland. Not sure if he has intel or just what he thinks, but he's usually pretty spot on.

If he's right, that's 3 straight years opening on the road.

We opened at the Jets in 2007 too. In his first NFL game Revis got torched by Moss.

Flexing starts in week 5 instead of week 11, with perameters. I like the idea of more flex scheduling since the NFL got 'stuck' with a few early-on bad games on Sunday Night Football last season and wants key teams for prime time. I don't know for sure but I would bet that both the Patriots and Broncos play more prime time games this season than in any prior years since they are great draws for the NFL. I selfishly like the Patriots and night games since I live only 20-30 minutes travel time from Gillette Stadium and getting home after a late game really isn't all that bad.

wk 4. Sep 29. @ KC Monday night game
wk 5. Oct 5. vs Cincy Sun night game
wk 6. Oct 12. @ Buffalo
wk 7. Oct 16. vs Jets Thurs night game
wk 11. Nov 16. @ Indy Sun night game
wk 14 Dec 7. @ San Diego Sun night game

5 prime time games. Steelers also have 5. 7-9 for the Steelers this year if they're lucky.

Why don't we do this:

Week 1: at Miami Dolphins, Sept. 7, 1 p.m.
Week 2: at Minnesota Vikings, Sept. 14, 1 p.m.
Week 3: vs. Oakland Raiders, Sept. 21, 1 p.m.
Week 4: at Kansas City Chiefs, Sept. 29, 8:30 p.m. (Monday)
Week 5: vs. Cincinnati Bengals, Oct. 5, 8:30 p.m.
Week 6: at Buffalo Bills, Oct. 12, 1 p.m.
Week 7: vs. New York Jets, Oct. 16, 8:25 p.m. (Thursday)
Week 8: vs. Chicago Bears, Oct. 26, 1 p.m.
Week 9: vs. Denver Broncos, Nov. 2, 4:25 p.m.
Week 10: Bye Week 11: at Indianapolis Colts, Nov. 16, 8:30 p.m.
BYE
Week 12: vs. Detroit Lions, Nov. 23, 1 p.m.
Week 13: at Green Bay Packers, Nov. 30, 4:25 p.m.
Week 14: at San Diego Chargers, Dec. 7, 8:30 p.m.
Week 15: vs. Miami Dolphins, Dec. 14, 1 p.m.
Week 16: at New York Jets, Dec. 21, 1 p.m.
Week 17: vs. Buffalo Bills, Dec. 28, 1 p.m.

SSDD

That's a whale of a schedule. Forget the teams involved, the format of the Pats' schedule is brutal, with them starting and ending with primarily road games.

Yeesh.

Would be great for us to stick it to the schedule makers and win 14, 15... or dare I say, 16 games (during the regular season, of course).

wk 4. Sep 29. @ KC Monday night game
wk 6. Oct 12. @ Buffalo
wk 7. Oct 16. vs Jets Thurs night game
wk 14 Dec 7. @ San Diego Sun night game

3 prime time games. Steelers have 5. 7-9 for the Steelers this year if they're lucky.

We've got 5 as well...

SSDD

We've got 5 as well...

SSDD

I hate those Sunday night games but technically I guess they are prime time games.

I didn't think it was a whale -- looks like cake to me. A tough four game stretch in weeks 9-13, but finishing in Buffalo is fine since the seedings should be clear by then. Miami on the road is best in week 1, imo, since they will be an improved teams, but probably not out of the gate. An 8-0 start is within reach.

Back