2021 draft. Round 1 pick 15 Patriots select QB Mac Jones!

I’m cautiously optimistic about Jones. No I don’t think he’s gonna be a hall of famer, but what kind of a benchmark is that? If he has Andy daltons career, that’s still pretty good, and that’s about what my expectations for him are. I hope he’s better, but good true franchise QBs are hard to find. It’s going to be important to continue to improve the receivers. I don’t view the tights ends as the answer to the pass catching situation.
I get that he’s not an athlete, but he looks soft, to nice to me. Hopefully a few welcome to the nfl hits, and an offseason nfl conditioning program can change that.
Either way the they had to take him right there. No matter what you think he will or won’t be they absolutely had to take him, and even if he busts, you can’t knock that pick. Thank god they didn’t trade the next three drafts to move up.

He’s got a great attitude.

Bill IS wearing a wedding ring, just like i thought i spotted at one of the pro days and posted about...he and linda got hitched...bank it. this man wears jewelry for no one! she's got dat powah!
also...rojah enjoys hearing the pats get booed a biiiiitttt too much...😁

I don’t think the bills have had a great off season. Some might say they’re strong enough but I’m not seeing significant Acquisitions in FA and a very meh 1st round draft pick.

I don’t think the bills have had a great off season. Some might say they’re strong enough but I’m not seeing significant Acquisitions in FA and a very meh 1st round draft pick.
Well that depends, Teams that went pretty far into the playoffs do not need as much as other teams, thats why teams with losing records usually "win" free agency and drafts, because their team has a need everywhere. I mean what you just said was how others used to talk about the pats, man their FA sucked and who the hell did they draft there?

Well that depends, Teams that went pretty far into the playoffs do not need as much as other teams, thats why teams with losing records usually "win" free agency and drafts, because their team has a need everywhere. I mean what you just said was how others used to talk about the pats, man their FA sucked and who the hell did they draft there?
We would still pull off nice pick ups of players who had fallen away like an Aqib Talib or Bill would streal a Darrelle Revis for a year or make the play for a player like Gilmore.

We would still pull off nice pick ups of players who had fallen away like an Aqib Talib or Bill would streal a Darrelle Revis for a year or make the play for a player like Gilmore.
At times, but a lot of years we were all screaming for something we needed while other teams were buying up everyone and we would get some 4th receiver on some team that was left over. I didnt say we never got a good free agent because we did, I am just saying the normal was not the pats going out day one and tearing it up. Really the bills needed maybe a receiver and a pass rusher.

but he is not the type of Qb you want in today's league. He can't move, has no escapabiliy...

...My other thought is this also signals the continuation of the Brady offense which we desperately need to scrap. Even Brady left it to play in Arians system. You need a dynamic offense with play makers and speed. The system is unbelievably complex on top which means it is doubtful we see Jones play at all this year. Bill said last night that Cam is our starter and Jones has a long way to go to even jump Stidham. Sigh.
Yeah, I don't get this argument at all. If you look at the last 10 Super Bowl winning QBs...

55 Brady
54 Mahomes
53 Brady
52 Foles
51 Brady
50 Seyton
49 Brady
48 Wilson
47 Flacco
46 Eli

Only 2 of the 10 match the "can move/has escapability" description. Mahomes in 54 and Wilson in 48. The rest of them are statues in the pocket. You do need to be able to shift to avoid pass rushers, like Brady can when he moves up in the pocket. But this notion that you need a guy who can run around like a chicken with its head cut off and make throws while running at full speed across their body is a myth. In fact Brady and the Bucs just beat one of those guys so bad a few months ago he didn't even get into the end zone.

I don't understand why people think it either. The only thing I can think of is these QBs are flashy and so people enjoy watching them because they're human highlight reels. But that's not winning, and that's all I care about.

Yeah, I don't get this argument at all. If you look at the last 10 Super Bowl winning QBs...

55 Brady
54 Mahomes
53 Brady
52 Foles
51 Brady
50 Seyton
49 Brady
48 Wilson
47 Flacco
46 Eli

Only 2 of the 10 match the "can move/has escapability" description. Mahomes in 54 and Wilson in 48. The rest of them are statues in the pocket. You do need to be able to shift to avoid pass rushers, like Brady can when he moves up in the pocket. But this notion that you need a guy who can run around like a chicken with its head cut off and make throws while running at full speed across their body is a myth. In fact Brady and the Bucs just beat one of those guys so bad a few months ago he didn't even get into the end zone.

I don't understand why people think it either. The only thing I can think of is these QBs are flashy and so people enjoy watching them because they're human highlight reels. But that's not winning, and that's all I care about.
and both of those QB's mahomes and wilson are way more pocket passer than not. Exactly I have said this over and over, when the pocket passer stops winning superbowls, let me know.

The AFC is going to be a tough conference yet again. A lot of good teams with some exceptional players throughout.
Think about this - the two best QB prospects came to the AFC - Trevor and Wilson and then you have Jones with us. There is also a possibility that Rodgers ends up in the AFC West. If the Packers do actually trade him (I don't think they will) his preference is the West Coast. That would be an unbelievable collection of QBs all in the AFC.

Think about this - the two best QB prospects came to the AFC - Trevor and Wilson and then you have Jones with us. There is also a possibility that Rodgers ends up in the AFC West. If the Packers do actually trade him (I don't think they will) his preference is the West Coast. That would be an unbelievable collection of QBs all in the AFC.
I think you can say the Ravens, Browns, Steelers, Bills, Patriots, Chiefs, Bolts, Dolphins, Colts, Titans all good to very good teams and then you have the Raiders, Bengals, the emerging Jags and we have one tough conference here.

Me on March 30th:

I'm very, VERY happy to be wrong! :D I was 💩bricks when the Bears jumped up over us. Thankfully they didn't screw us. When I heard Mac's name called I screamed like I haven't screamed since Butler's pick in Super Bowl 49.

I wanted a future, now we have it. AND we didn't have to trade up to get it! I'm over the moon!

Also, I'm happy that you guys seem to be happy about it too. On Twitter and Reddit and in the Boston Sports "Media" Pats fans aren't as enthused.

BIG MAC ATTACK INCOMING!

View: https://twitter.com/FitzyGFY/status/1387962886811705345

Felger thinks Bill is angry that Jones fell to 15 because then he pretty much had to take him. If Jones was gone, Bill would be 'covered'. Methinks Felgie is smokin' something. :high:

Back