2021 draft. Round 1 pick 15 Patriots select QB Mac Jones!

Seems to me I've seen Belichick wearing some rings in the past - of course, they weren't wedding rings...

View attachment 3408
yeah, he does don those on special occasions.
i rememeber an interview where he said he's not a jewelry guy, he doesn't even wear a watch. the interviewer asked him about being on time for practice and he made a crack about practice not starting until the hc got there anyway.😄

I think on a basic level that this is a false argument. If say KC scores on the first play and then the Pats plod along and score on the next possession taking up the rest of the quarter after the first quarter they are still tied no matter how dynamic KC is on offense. The kicker being that we are wearing down the KC defense. I know the argument is then KC scores in one play again. So what. Then we get the ball back and plod along using up the next quarter while scoring again 14 each at the half, and the KC defense is done by the beginning of the 4th quarter. A team only has to score as many times +1pt as the opposing team. KC can score as fast as they want, unless we turn it over, we should get the same amount of possessions minimum. Yep KC was flashy, again so what.
Killing the clock is a designed strategy...when the 2 minute warning hits, and the ball is in your possession, you control the clock and go for a score before halftime.

I for one am looking forward to this Patriots offense practicing ball control and absolutely running all over these smaller defenses designed to slow these trendy offenses.

The more prevelent they become, the more our physical team will pound them.

What goes around comes around.
And it will come around with Bill way out in front leading the way/

Cheers

Jones doesn't need to be MVP for this to be a great pick.

If he's above the Dalton line it's a good pick.

If he's a top 10 QB who is a winner (not a super high bar given his college performance) it's a great pick.

The big difference to me right now, is that after 20 years of chasing ghosts the other teams in the division seem to have finally figured out how to run stable NFL franchises. Of course if the Patriots win the division this year or next they probably go back into "giant slayer" mode and start being stupid again, and let's face it, the Jets are cursed, I feel really bad for Zach Wilson.

That's the whole point Chevvs, this isn't 2000. While we play that style of offense, the Bills and Chiefs will eat our lunch. There is no keeping the score low anymore with the rules and dynamic passing attacks. Surely, you understand this. I think we can plod along with this for now given Jones is a rookie and win games but we are not contending for SBs without a change in offensive approach.

We get it. You don't like Mac Jones bc he's not a dual threat and you think dual threats are the future. You also think our antiquated offense should be scrapped.
Well, your heroes in Tampa Bay just drafted the least mobile QB on the face of planet earth in Kyle Trask to hopefully replace TB12, another non-mobile QB, in the future.

How does that make you feel?

We get it. You don't like Mac Jones bc he's not a dual threat and you think dual threats are the future. You also think our antiquated offense should be scrapped.
Well, your heroes in Tampa Bay just drafted the least mobile QB on the face of planet earth in Kyle Trask to hopefully replace TB12, another non-mobile QB, in the future.

How does that make you feel?
Nice strawmen and you did not comprehend at all what I said or the points I was making. I had Jones as the 5th QB out of 5. I have said repeatedly that I am glad the Pats came away with one of the 5 and did not have to trade up to get him. I am down on Jones compared to the other 4 not because he is not a dual threat (which I already said) but because he cannot create on his own. He is not dynamic at all the way the other 4 QBs are and his arm is average at best. I worry about this now more so than 2000 because the league has changed dramatically in terms of the offense. The league is much more predicated on the play of the QB and his ability to create and elevate those around him combined with passing rules that favor the passing game at an unprecedented level.

It would be good if you did not take every post that tries to analyze the team and league so personal. It is possible that the Patriots made the best pick they could with also a downside to it. It's football after all. That is kind of the point of a forum but if you take everything so personal, it becomes extremely unhealthy.

having a qb who can create isn't as reliable at producing winning football as is having a qb who can suss out defenses and be accurate. tb was never a creator. pocket mobility was his thing. that is very important. what i've seen of jones in that regard is impressive. moving, sliding, stepping up in the pocket IS "creating" because you are putting yourself in a proper position to make an accurate throw.
creators like roeth, favre, wilson, mahomes,rodgers? 6 sbs among them with favre and roeth not having much of a role in their sb wins.

having a qb who can create isn't as reliable at producing winning football as is having a qb who can suss out defenses and be accurate. tb was never a creator. pocket mobility was his thing. that is very important. what i've seen of jones in that regard is impressive. moving, sliding, stepping up in the pocket IS "creating" because you are putting yourself in a proper position to make an accurate throw.
creators like roeth, favre, wilson, mahomes,rodgers? 6 sbs among them with favre and roeth not having much of a role in their sb wins.
If Jones has even half of the ability Brady does to read defenses pre-snap and post-snap then we will have hit the jackpot. The chances of this are slim to none. That being said, he does have decent pocket presence and good accuracy. He will have to work on all of that though and his arm strength. He also has to get in better shape. Perhaps Bill can give Alex a call. LOL

Nice strawmen and you did not comprehend at all what I said or the points I was making. I had Jones as the 5th QB out of 5. I have said repeatedly that I am glad the Pats came away with one of the 5 and did not have to trade up to get him. I am down on Jones compared to the other 4 not because he is not a dual threat (which I already said) but because he cannot create on his own. He is not dynamic at all the way the other 4 QBs are and his arm is average at best. I worry about this now more so than 2000 because the league has changed dramatically in terms of the offense. The league is much more predicated on the play of the QB and his ability to create and elevate those around him combined with passing rules that favor the passing game at an unprecedented level.

It would be good if you did not take every post that tries to analyze the team and league so personal. It is possible that the Patriots made the best pick they could with also a downside to it. It's football after all. That is kind of the point of a forum but if you take everything so personal, it becomes extremely unhealthy.

How does TB create plays but Mac Jones does not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If Jones has even half of the ability Brady does to read defenses pre-snap and post-snap then we will have hit the jackpot. The chances of this are slim to none. That being said, he does have decent pocket presence and good accuracy. He will have to work on all of that though and his arm strength. He also has to get in better shape. Perhaps Bill can give Alex a call. LOL

We already know that you didn’t watch Mac Jones play, so why do you even pretend to know what you’re talking about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There was no strawman; why do you keep accusing people of that?
It's also not personal. I simply don't like people who don't know what they're talking about pretend as if they do.
You can 2nd guess BB all you want but I doubt seriously that anyone on earth knows more football than he does.
Simple as that.

There was no strawman; why do you keep accusing people of that?
It's also not personal. I simply don't like people who don't know what they're talking about pretend as if they do.
You can 2nd guess BB all you want but I doubt seriously that anyone on earth knows more football than he does.
Simple as that.
LOL. Now you add an ad hominem attack to the strawman. You are on a roll.

Mazz bears gave up a lot to more up & take Fields. Jones Fell to Patriots . A Top 5 QB is what every Patriots fan wanted . Since he didn't have to give up anything to move up. BB was able to trade up . In 2nd round get the best DT in draft.
I agree. I was happy we got Jones and did not have to trade up. I would have preferred Fields as I think he is the better QB but overall it was a good pick.

I am a big fan of the ignore feature. I use it too. If you are that bothered by my posts, by all means use it. I will still read yours though. I like that you often bring a sense of humor to the forum. It needs it.
I'm not going to ignore you...

Back