2022 Rookie Camp, OTAs, Mini Camp, Mandatory Mini Camp And Training Camp

Is that really his actual name??
Yes.

Lil'Jordan Humphrey is an American football wide receiver for the New England Patriots of the National Football Leaguee

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220822-171341_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20220822-171341_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 3
They're trying to move Wynn.

It's slow around here right now. Maybe we should start a thread pretending that Wynn has been traded for a fourth or fifth and that the Patriots are going to eat 5 million of his salary and let the Belichick haters sort of punch themselves out on it so that when it actually happens they're all out of vitriol?

It's slow around here right now. Maybe we should start a thread pretending that Wynn has been traded for a fourth or fifth and that the Patriots are going to eat 5 million of his salary and let the Belichick haters sort of punch themselves out on it so that when it actually happens they're all out of vitriol?

Ooh!!! And have it be Tampa!

I personally would take a 2025 7th rounder for Wynn. Just get him and his cap hit off the team. He can't stay healthy and he is not a starting tackle in the NFL.

The thing is, he's showed real talent at various times, was a really good run blocker when he was next to Thuney in between all the injury setbacks, but last year he
backslid quite a ways, which has given rise to questions as to whether he really wants it etc., but if Wynn gets himself sorted he could definitely be a starting tackle.

The only problem with trying to trade him is that somebody is going to have to have a clear need for help at the position and be willing to
consider him a rehab project, which is something Bill does all the time with high draft picks who struggled elsewhere. Jahlani Tavai is one guy
who fits that description on the current team, Agholor too, but it seems like we always have one or more. Some work out and some don't, but Wynn was
a highly regarded prospect not too long ago, so I'm hopeful something will get done. I just think we're better off taking anything including
a conditional low pick just to move on.

Carolina, for instance, appears to need NFL players up front and Tampa might be an option because apparently they have some real problems in the
interior and could view Wynn as a Guard. Maybe Josh thinks he can use him in Vegas.

The Deuce is loose
My bride wanted to name a kid after me. I wasn't a fan, but I told her I'd do it if she wanted, but when he was born I was going to tell people about the baby by saying "Yeah, Mrs. Flagg dropped a Deuce and we couldn't be happier!"

My bride wanted to name a kid after me. I wasn't a fan, but I told her I'd do it if she wanted, but when he was born I was going to tell people about the baby by saying "Yeah, Mrs. Flagg dropped a Deuce and we couldn't be happier!"
Well, you were going to run out of names anyway….

Well, you were going to run out of names anyway….
Interestingly, my youngest 2 boys - born in 2018 and 2020 - BOTH go by "Mac," and have since near birth, before our QB1 won his national championship with 'Bama.

It turned out in both cases that we noticed that Mac was a natural nickname/derivation of their middle name, it came out almost as a joke, and stuck in common use for the whole family. We use their first names sometimes, and obviously when differentiating, but much/most of the time they are both Mac.

THEN our Patriots draft our new QB1.

Hmm...

...I feel like this should go in the "Mac Jones is our QB1" thread.

The thing is, he's showed real talent at various times, was a really good run blocker when he was next to Thuney in between all the injury setbacks, but last year he
backslid quite a ways, which has given rise to questions as to whether he really wants it etc., but if Wynn gets himself sorted he could definitely be a starting tackle.

The only problem with trying to trade him is that somebody is going to have to have a clear need for help at the position and be willing to
consider him a rehab project, which is something Bill does all the time with high draft picks who struggled elsewhere. Jahlani Tavai is one guy
who fits that description on the current team, Agholor too, but it seems like we always have one or more. Some work out and some don't, but Wynn was
a highly regarded prospect not too long ago, so I'm hopeful something will get done. I just think we're better off taking anything including

Carolina, for instance, appears to need NFL players up front and Tampa might be an option because apparently they have some real problems in the
interior and could view Wynn as a Guard. Maybe Josh thinks he can use him in Vegas.

I'm not sure how I feel about moving Wynn. This is a contract year for him. Players normally play better during contract years.
Yes, he's had his ups and downs but when healthy he's played well.
Unless the cap space is needed, I might rather hold on to him and let him walk after the season to get a comp pick for him.

Have to say, Our Bill is looking well these days. Looks trimmer. Linda has him on a better diet I'd wager.

BB.jpg

I'm not sure how I feel about moving Wynn. This is a contract year for him. Players normally play better during contract years.
Yes, he's had his ups and downs but when healthy he's played well.
Unless the cap space is needed, I might rather hold on to him and let him walk after the season to get a comp pick for him.
I agree with this, except to say that he played...fine. Well enough. Just well below expectations for a first rounder. If he was a UDFA or 6th rounder and played like he did last year, we'd all be thrilled. But then, he wouldn't be on the cap for $10MM garaunteed, either.

At this time I'm thinking it'll be Brown, Strange, Andrews, Onwenhu, Wynn, Cajuste, Russey and Hambright.
Think keeping Wynn is the more beneficial move. He can play to a reasonable level plus the potential comp pick. Wynn may be a backup at 4 positions.
Hambright because they have been playing him all over the line.
Frentez's demeanor on the field looks like a guy who knows he's in last place. Believe I'm using backwards scouting at that position.

But maybe that all will change come Friday night.

I agree with this, except to say that he played...fine. Well enough. Just well below expectations for a first rounder. If he was a UDFA or 6th rounder and played like he did last year, we'd all be thrilled. But then, he wouldn't be on the cap for $10MM garaunteed, either.

Not me, Boss.

Everybody gives up the edge to the top twitch guys now and then, but Wynn made what seemed like a ton of unforced errors. Pre-snap stuff and guys
coming from his side unblocked even if he was on them. Inside, Outside and every side. It didn't matter, he was chasing.

How does a guy suddenly forget how to anchor? He got bullied by everybody last season and that hadn't been an issue prior. Maybe it was a physical issue that we're not hearing about, but
I thought he played like he wasn't really into it. Like he had no core strength.

I don't like following an obvious trail of crumbs, but we exercised the 5th year option last May and he falls off the tabletop. Something looked way off.

Not me, Boss.

Everybody gives up the edge to the top twitch guys now and then, but Wynn made what seemed like a ton of unforced errors. Pre-snap stuff and guys
coming from his side unblocked even if he was on them. Inside, Outside and every side. It didn't matter, he was chasing.

How does a guy suddenly forget how to anchor? He got bullied by everybody last season and that hadn't been an issue prior. Maybe it was a physical issue that we're not hearing about, but
I thought he played like he wasn't really into it. Like he had no core strength.

I don't like following an obvious trail of crumbs, but we exercised the 5th year option last May and he falls off the tabletop. Something looked way off.
Trade him!

Trade him!
Chev's point is a good one, though. We'd very likely get as much or more for him in comp if we wait, use him as best as possible this year, and let him walk. The only reasons not to do this are to avoid letting go of young talent, to start towards what you think is long term OL stability earlier, or if you think he's going to pout or cause problems.

Back