2024 Mock Drafts

I like this draft. Which mock site did you use? I ask because they give Javon Baker a worse grade than I would have given him for that pick. I wonder what other WRs were
available at 71. I have Ainias Smith and Adonai Mitchell ranked ahead of Baker and I have Baker graded the same as Brenden Rice. I don't get the C+ grade for Baker. He's
a capable guy. If Smith was available I'd have chosen Smith but that C+ for Baker is a head scratcher for me.

I like this draft. Which mock site did you use? I ask because they give Javon Baker a worse grade than I would have given him for that pick. I wonder what other WRs were
available at 71. I have Ainias Smith and Adonai Mitchell ranked ahead of Baker and I have Baker graded the same as Brenden Rice. I don't get the C+ grade for Baker. He's
a capable guy. If Smith was available I'd have chosen Smith but that C+ for Baker is a head scratcher for me.

They rank Smith fairly low.

On Adonai Mitchell heard couple of things.
He has some difficulty treating his diabetes which has resulted in some personality issues.

Bedard claimed he couldn't even run the combine routes correctly which made the whole sequence look bad.

They rank Smith fairly low.

Go read my evaluation of Smith in the WRs thread. That's a good thing from my perspective...maybe he'll fall to us!

On Adonai Mitchell heard couple of things.
He has some difficulty treating his diabetes which has resulted in some personality issues.

Bedard claimed he couldn't even run the combine routes correctly which made the whole sequence look bad.

I'm not a fan of Mitchell for the Pats and if I were ranking the WRs for the Pats specifically, he wouldn't be nearly as high as I have him in the WRs thread.

That's the best one I've seen. It's actually impossible, but fun to consider. Some shrewd picks in there and not just the top guys. Corum
and All to name just two. Great mock.

One further comment is that I haven't really taken Amarius Mims all that seriously because he really lacks technique
and plays straight up. Plus he played RT at Georgia. I'm not looking for a huge road-grading RT because we just re-signed
one and I see no evidence he is future LT or could handle NFL speed, but.......shit..... he is a tank and a half that looks like
he was created in a laboratory.

I keep hearing that this is a great draft for OTs, but the only guys I love are Alt and Troy Fautanu. I think Fautanu is big enough
and good enough to play LT, but 98% of the experts say that he's a guard, so I'm probably wrong. I think he's definitely got the best
feet, hands and technique of anybody, but he doesn't have Alt's length. Few people do. Watch either one and the rest of them look
second-tier.

That's the problem with this draft. Almost every OT is being given a "needs to develop/play right tackle or might have to kick
inside" projection and all I can hope is that there is a guy later on who is better at pass blocking than the draft gurus are saying or one
of the stiffs on our roster is better than expected or we are well and truly fucked. Again.

I think this is a great draft for huge, drive blocking tackles but a shitty one for pass blockers who won't need 3 years to percolate.

The one guy we could get that I think could possibly be a starting LT in 2024 is Kiran Amegadjie who has been hurt a lot and
played at fucking Yale. He does pass the eyeball test, but my eyes sometimes lie. He could be a case of "it's last call and the threes
are starting to look like sevens".

Helluva draft, bud! Great OTs and WRs up the kazoo. Penix could be a fun watch if he cuts down on his ball security issues.
Was Xavier Worthy available at 68? I'd have picked him over Legette.

No, went early to mid 2nd round.

In that case I'd have picked Brian Thomas, Ricky Pearsall, Jermaine Burton (depending on intangibles), Ladd McConkey or Troy Franklin as my X receiver over Legette if any were available.

GKFk5n5WgAANNp7

GKpliiXXYAA4_dd

GKFcL6aXIAATcd2

Look at McConkey's 40 time. Imagine a Jules with the speed of an X.
GKFUlXTXUAAGWAS

GKFYhtOWoAE_VFn

This one is Troy Franklin
GLeM2D3a4AAo3kb

Last edited:
Back