2024 Mock Drafts

8. I assume you're intending to sign Kirk Cousins or similar. Jayden Daniels was taken already? Falcons need pass rush and he does that from the DT position. +
43. I think McConkey will be gone earlier. If he's gone, I'd think about S. Car. Xavier Legette for WR - 6'3", 225. Over 1200 yds with 11 TDs. Only 2 drops in 97 targets.
74. Jeremiah Trotter Jr. Wish he were taller. Great production but wish he had better NFL coverage ability. An OLB or CB might be better for Atlanta. CB DJJames?

Can't go any further with confidence.
1) Yep.
2) I sort of agree with you, but every time 43 rolls around McConkey's still there. I feel like they need a slot guy.
3) James was definitely there at 80, but Bullard was too much to pass up for me on that defense. They need tone-setters. I mean, they obviously need coverage guys too, and edge rushers, etc - but they need a couple of thumpers. Chris Godwin gets hit once and he turtles for the game, for example.

Also just generally, Cam Kinchens is rated super high, just out of the first round in terms of talent, but he always drops - which, I actually agree with. Ton of talent, big hitter, dumb player - hurts himself every game. He's like Jaylen Waddle x 10.

If whoever ends up running our Draft is half as good at manipulating his competition as you are at figuring out how to
play these draft simulators like a stradivarius then we'd win the Super Bowl every year.

TommyD had a really good one, but this draft is a Patriots fan's wet dream. Getting those particular two tackles in the 2nd and
a viable franchise QB? Plus two good WRs? Impossible, but well done. Some of your other picks are pretty savvy as well. You fixed
an awful lot of holes.

There isn't a QB worth that pick.

Take Harrison.
In principle, I agree - however, that's why I also took those two Godfather trades in the first round. I'm under the assumption Mac Jones is going to be the QB this year, so if you end up with 3 first and 3 2nds next year - that's a whole rebuild in one draft, theoretically.

You guys impress the hell out of me the way you present your drafts. I'm old and much more simple.....

Patriots TRADE #3 and Mac Jones to Chicago for Justin Fields, #9, #111, #123 and 2025 2nd Round.
Patriots TRADE #9 to NO for #14 and #45
#14 Aramis Mims OT GEO
#34 Xavier Leggette WR SC
#45 Bo Nix QB ORE
#68 Javion Cohen OG MIA
#104 Jermaine Burton WR ALA
#111 Beau Brade S MAR
#123 Jonah Ellis OLB UTH
#138 Michael Hall DT OSU
#190 Cam Hart CB ND
#232 Blake Fisher OT ND
Shift + Windows Key + S gives you the option to crop a screenshot currently on your screen.

The more I do these, the more it really looks like trading out of 3 is the smart play.

I agree with that, but it also comes with incredible risk that we miss a QB that does for us, say, what
Stroud did for Houston last season. Their fans who invested in Davis Mills jerseys don't really
mind much after what Stroud showed. He's the difference maker we haven't had for a while.

Maybe it's just because Belichick is gone that I want to just go all in and shoot for a guy that can be special, but
24 years of expecting trade downs is a hard habit to break.

The trade down only works if you are sure you really like Penix or Nix or somebody that you feel certain you can still get to.

To come out of this draft without a QB would be, for me, a major disappointment. If we trade down then the tension
level would go to DEFCON 4, but I could live with Penix and two more top picks for moving back.

I agree with that, but it also comes with incredible risk that we miss a QB that does for us, say, what
Stroud did for Houston last season. Their fans who invested in Davis Mills jerseys don't really
mind much after what Stroud showed. He's the difference maker we haven't had for a while.

Maybe it's just because Belichick is gone that I want to just go all in and shoot for a guy that can be special, but
24 years of expecting trade downs is a hard habit to break.

The trade down only works if you are sure you really like Penix or Nix or somebody that you feel certain you can still get to.

To come out of this draft without a QB would be, for me, a major disappointment. If we trade down then the tension
level would go to DEFCON 4, but I could live with Penix and two more top picks for moving back.
Or if you don't like any of the quarterbacks.

Hell, I don't know.

I'm torn between doing a deep dive in my draft bunker for the next 3 months or just saying fuck it
and seeing what happens.

Even if I studied all these guys, I could totally miss the boat. All I have is my amateurish opinion after
watching a fair amount of college ball and I will end up surprised if we're looking at a bunch of scrubs.

10 months ago all we heard was that Stroud was a dummy and a bust waiting to happen and now he's
the poster child for QB-needy teams.

I suppose I really just want us to do what everybody else does and try to draft a star when you get a top 3
instead of stockpiling and whiffing on too many valuable picks. That is why we're in this mess in the first
place.

Love this 1, BSF. You hit all the positions with talent.
MHJ is a sure thing WR1 at X, Y or Z.
Malachi Corley is the toughest great WR I've seen come out of college in a long time. Deebo Samuel is my comp for him. Y or Z WR. He has 4 years of development ahead of Edelman. I see real promise from this guy.
Penix could stand to take a year off to learn but still provide competition in the QB room. Dual threat guy may not be our new OC's kind of guy if our new OC comes from Shanahan or McVay's coaching tree. Neither Stafford or Purdy is a dual threat guy. Nevertheless, I'd like to see the modernized WCO implemented by a dual threat QB like Steve Young did it.
Luke McCaffrey, Christian's brother, isn't nearly as good as Christian but it's easy to see he's learned from Christian.

Back