2024 NFL Combine

Brenden Rice was bragging that he was faster than Jerry. If that's true, then people shouldn't get all excited about WR 40 times, if Jerry was above 4.50.

Brenden Rice was bragging that he was faster than Jerry. If that's true, then people shouldn't get all excited about WR 40 times, if Jerry was above 4.50.

His 4.5 is plenty fast enough to make it today. Jerry ran a 4.71.

Route running skill is far more important than speed.

Last edited:
His 4.5 is plenty fast enough to make it today. Jerry ran a 4.71.

Route running skill is far more important than speed.
Of course I was being flippant.
We have seen speed merchants running themselves out of football in a very short time. We have seen players with "marginal" speed become annual pro bowlers.

Watching some of the drills at the combine I noticed players slipping. I think Lucas Oil has the shitty silt turf but not sure. All I know is the turf in that place isn't good & I'm curious about how many knee/leg injuries happen there.

Watching some of the drills at the combine I noticed players slipping. I think Lucas Oil has the shitty silt turf but not sure. All I know is the turf in that place isn't good & I'm curious about how many knee/leg injuries happen there.

Lucas oil is 10th with a rate of 4.63, just worse than Gillette with 4.61. Paycor in Cincy has a 4.85 rate, 4th worst.
The worst is Allegiant's grass field with 5.32 and the best is Acrisure's (Pitt) artificial turf with 3.8.

Turf wars: New data shows more injuries still happen on artificial turf

Last edited:
If the NFL were truly serious about player health and safety, all 32 stadiums would have a grass field. And yes, you can have grass in a dome now.

MSU can grow that grass easily for them now.

If the NFL were truly serious about player health and safety, all 32 stadiums would have a grass field. And yes, you can have grass in a dome now.

Artificial turf has improved but the fact is turf has more injuries than grass and those injuries are more severe than the injuries seen on grass.

Artificial turf has improved but the fact is turf has more injuries than grass and those injuries are more severe than the injuries seen on grass.
The whole point about fake turf 50 years ago was convenience and price.
Nowadays, every single owner in the NFL is a multi-billionaire, and losing your best players for entire seasons seems relatively inconvenient.

Back