3RC official-Time to panic about the Pats defense thread

foley11

I am anti progress
Reaction score
I am putting this over here as to not offend any football purists on the other side of da fence. I don't mind if people inject humor or go wildly offtopic in a 'football' thread.

I know that it is only the preseason so don't give me that crap.

What I am seeing when the number 1 defense is on the field is a scary lack of pressure on the QB, a sluggish run D that seems to be late to the party on 3 out of 4 plays.

The defensive backfield seems to have a lot of growing up to do. I know they can't cover forever, hence the lack of pressure up front. Maybe BB is just playing vanilla schemes because it's preseason but I have seen way too many wide open receivers running through the seam up the gut.

I am starting to think that we have to downgrade our expectations until the defense shows some signs of life. BB has his work cut out for him this season.

I feel pretty much the same, except when it comes to the run game. I think that they will be tough to run against with Wilfork, Mayo and Spikes.

I am, of course, very worried about stopping the pass. Game 1 is going to be tough to watch. Our secondary, with no pass rush, against TO and Ocho-Choke-O. Palmer must be DROOLING. :confused:

I feel pretty much the same, except when it comes to the run game. I think that they will be tough to run against with Wilfork, Mayo and Spikes.

I am, of course, very worried about stopping the pass. Game 1 is going to be tough to watch. Our secondary, with no pass rush, against TO and Ocho-Choke-O. Palmer must be DROOLING. :confused:

I am going into the fetal position thinking about what a healthy Peyton will do to this secondary.

doomed.jpg

I'm not in panic mode, but this defense needs to either cover someone, or be able to get some preasure...if you can't do one of them, the offense is going to need to score 45 points..

I'm not in panic mode, but this defense needs to either cover someone, or be able to get some preasure...if you can't do one of them, the offense is going to need to score 45 points..

Luckily the offense might be able to pull that off. Brady to Moss, Welker, Tate, Gronkowski, Crumpler, Edelman has the making of some fine entertainment.

Luckily the offense might be able to pull that off. Brady to Moss, Welker, Tate, Gronkowski, Crumpler, Edelman has the making of some fine entertainment.

Maybe I will just tune in to watch the offense:shrug:

The D will get better as the season goes on. True, at first, they might not look great, but at least the O has the power to score to compensate. There's really no game that the Pats need fear they're out of. They can beat anyone on the schedule, even with a score of 38-35 if need be.

Preseason, people. No game-planning. They just put guys out there and tell them to do the best they can.

I'm not too worried, maybe a little, but I have great faith in the secondary, except for Wilhite. I'm not worried at all about the ILBs or the OLBs. I have a little fear about with the two options flanking Wilfork.

Hey, if we can put up 50 points on offense, we don't need no stinkin' defense. :D

Our defense flat out sucks. This could be an ugly year. I am taking the over for 100 bucks each and every week until Vegas sets the line at 75 points

Preseason, people. No game-planning. They just put guys out there and tell them to do the best they can.

This is true, but this defense is said to be complicated. Once the game planning starts doesn't mean the play will be improved.

Playing straight up defense doesn't take as much thought as it does when your scheming.

It's probably going to take 6 or 7 games for this defense to gel, if not longer.

Our defense flat out sucks. This could be an ugly year. I am taking the over for 100 bucks each and every week until Vegas sets the line at 75 points

Now this is what I'm talking about. Take a negative and make it into a positive. Nothing will dry my salty tears of defeat like sweet, sweet cash. I'll be wiping them away with fitty dollar bills.

I, too, admit I'm concerned. Not so much with the run defense, but the lack of pressure on the QB. We just have to figure out a way to get some pressure on these guys or they will pick us apart.

I'm worried cos Ty Warren will be badly missed. We had enough trouble stopping the run at times, as it was. If this trend continues, then we're in for fun times on 3rd and short. No one will need to pass...
Posted via Mobile Device

This is true, but this defense is said to be complicated. Once the game planning starts doesn't mean the play will be improved.

Playing straight up defense doesn't take as much thought as it does when your scheming.

It's probably going to take 6 or 7 games for this defense to gel, if not longer.

Well then I can say that every team out there will suck this year cause a lot of them looked bad at some point in the preseason. I doubt the pats will put players in position to see what they can do as well and might just put them in position to stop the other team.

Well then I can say that every team out there will suck this year cause a lot of them looked bad at some point in the preseason. I doubt the pats will put players in position to see what they can do as well and might just put them in position to stop the other team.
Middy, you're going to make my head explode if you keep making cogent points post after post ;)

Back