A Football Life: Bill Belichick

That was an awesome segment - the tape study and discussion w/ Brady and Belichick on Ed Reed, and then the pre-game stuff, referencing a specific play (that Reed probably didn't remember) that he made.

You know, in case anyone still thinks Ed Reed is overrated.

Is there any chance in HELL that the Pats went into this preseason w/o having started to look at "Seymour " options. And there's Krafty asking Richard " So hoe long you been here? 7-8 Years? You like this team? :fire:

Or am I paranoid?

Cheers, BostonTim

Two fav moments?

The comments to Mason, and his realization that the team was insanely one-dimensional. It's easy for us as fans to say things like, "We're screwed when Moss is doubled," but it's reassuring to see that BB was so bluntly disturbed by that as well. While it'd be dumb to think we'd notice something that BB wouldn't, it was actually kind of interesting to see just how clearly he realized the team was in trouble.

Very cool.

The way he spoke to his assistant coaches during that meeting was as if you and I were sitting a bar, having a beer and made the same comments about the team to each other. Very matter of fact but BB registered a 10 on the Richter Scale of profound resignation. Utter and complete frustration for BB just as much as it was for us. And later BB said "I can't coach this team. I can't get them to do what I want."

Just awesome.

I can't wait to hear him after the Saints game in part 2. That was by far the low point of that year for me. Damn we played badly in that game and for 1 particular player at the S position it was probably the beginning of the end. But he wasn't alone.

Is there any chance in HELL that the Pats went into this preseason w/o having started to look at "Seymour " options. And there's Krafty asking Richard " So hoe long you been here? 7-8 Years? You like this team? :fire:

Or am I paranoid?

Cheers, BostonTim

I think you're right on. At the coaches' meeting Kraft brings up "The Seymour thing is done. What now?" I'm like falling out of my chair at that comment like are u kidding me right now?! And no one had an answer...:banghead:

That was an awesome segment - the tape study and discussion w/ Brady and Belichick on Ed Reed, and then the pre-game stuff, referencing a specific play (that Reed probably didn't remember) that he made.

You know, in case anyone still thinks Ed Reed is overrated.

Ed Reed is and always has been seriously under rated even though the players voted him the best S in the NFL (Top 100). You want over rated? Look towards Pittsburgh.

Ed Reed is and always has been seriously under rated even though the players voted him the best S in the NFL (Top 100). You want over rated? Look towards Pittsburgh.

I honestly never understood Polamalu's reputation because Brady just kills him. I tell myself that is probably why I don't get it and he must be great against everybody else.

I honestly never understood Polamalu's reputation because Brady just kills him. I tell myself that is probably why I don't get it and he must be great against everybody else.

He has highlight plays and plenty of them but he plays undisciplined and takes chances like someone used to do here. That's why a smart QB can light him up by taking advantage of his aggressive nature. BB wouldn't want Polamalu because Polamalu doesn't adhere to the 'just do your job' mantra and gives up too many big plays because of it.

The way he spoke to his assistant coaches during that meeting was as if you and I were sitting a bar, having a beer and made the same comments about the team to each other. Very matter of fact but BB registered a 10 on the Richter Scale of profound resignation. Utter and complete frustration for BB just as much as it was for us. And later BB said "I can't coach this team. I can't get them to do what I want."

Just awesome.

I can't wait to hear him after the Saints game in part 2. That was by far the low point of that year for me. Damn we played badly in that game and for 1 particular player at the S position it was probably the beginning of the end. But he wasn't alone.

any wonder why they have only 20 players or so on the roster/ps opening day 2009 who were on the roster/ps opening day 2011......that is a ton of roster churn the last 2 offseasons.........

I only saw the last 30 minutes of it. He has a lot funnier and looser than I had thought. From what I had seen of the show....it was real good.

It really exceeded my high expectations.

- Brady's kind of pip-squeek gee-whiz voice is surprising. He comes across as this really tall, very young kid. Hard to imagine him being married to a supermodel.

- I love the patter between Welker and Belichick, with Welker happy to let Edelman do punt returns. "way to compete, welker."

- I had forgotten how bad that team was.

That was really something to see.

Sure, other teams have superstar players.

But few are led with superstar coaches. Coaches who love their situation and surroundings. Players come and players go. Even Brady will move along one day. But so long as we have this rock patrolling the sidelines we have a true edge and comfort over just about everyone.

Parts that stuck out(in no particular order):

-the emotional pause in the bowels of Giant stadium.

-Bon Jovi! scene 1! Christ, we couldn't even get 5 minutes in!

-man love of Reed.

-before the Tennessee game with Krafty asking what will the weather affect, and BB mumbles a couple things as he is having a tough time with what seemed like pistachios and Krafty says "Huh!" and he repeats, seemingly slightly annoyed.ROFL

-the cougar is pretty hot.

-sure seems to be trying to pass the info down to the next Belichick.

Back