A football-related problem with the wife

TrueBeliever

Hater hater
Reaction score
I would like some input on this one.

Mrs. TB and I have been discussing our annual Pats game trip. The last four seasons we went to a game in Foxboro with my group of friends from Patriots.com. This year I forgot to send my $$ and missed the deadline and was all in a tizzy.

However, Mrs. TB said that upon thinking about it, she'd rather go to an away game this year anyway, just for the change of scenery. (We've been to away games at Indy, GB and Minnesota.) I can understand her feelings, but there's a couple issues.

The first is that the Pats don't play anywhere near here this year, except for the game in Indy, which I'm not sure I can even get tickets for. (If I do I imagine they'll be pricey.) I've checked a few websites for other teams we play on the road and they don't have single-game tickets for sale yet. (The games at NYJ and Oakland are out for the obvious reasons anyway.)

The second is that I've gotten spoiled going to home games. I'll admit I don't have the thickest skin in the world, and it's nice to be in the majority at Gillette instead of in the minority anywhere else. Plus there is always the possibility of some kind of trouble - some jerk trying to start a fight or something. (As I've said before, the last time we were in Indy I had a mild confrontation with a guy who might have been trying to start one, but I just walked away.) Now I know that's a worst-case scenario, but you hear things. I guess it all depends on who you happen to sit by. I wouldn't worry as much if we could be part of a big group, but since we live in WI there's not exactly a lot of people who'd be willing to go with us, dig?

Another issue is my vow that this year I am DEFINITELY going to a football game at Michigan State. Ever since my brother (who is a doctor now, BTW) started going there he's been trying to get me to go to a game there, and every year something comes up and it doesn't happen. Last year it was particularly because of the Pats/Browns game (the Patriots.com crew usually goes to the first home game in October) and the way the State schedule was set up. Even though I have been to at least one Pats game every year since 1996, I'll break my streak if I have to in order to get to Lansing.

Finally, I've thought about going to Andre Tippett's induction at Canton instead of a game. Then again, as much as I'd love to be there and we could probably drive it, it's not exactly the same thing as going to a game. (Maybe if the Pats were in the Hall of Fame game, but they're not this year.)

So tell me your thoughts, your experiences. Tell me about all the different stadiums you've been to and the worst time you had was at the old Foxboro Stadium anyway. (Or at Giants Stadium.) Tell me if you think I'm being a nutjob. Or tell me I'll be fine if I just take along some pepper spray. >)

The away schedule this year:

Sun 9/14/2008 4:15 PM @ Jets
Sun 10/5/2008 4:15 PM @ 49ers
Sun 10/12/2008 8:15 PM @ Chargers
Sun 11/2/2008 8:15 PM @ Colts
Sun 11/23/2008 1:00 PM @ Dolphins
Sun 12/7/2008 8:15 PM @ Seahawks
Sun 12/14/2008 4:15 PM @ Raiders
Sun 12/28/2008 1:00 PM @ Bills

San Fran, San Diego, Seattle, and Oakland... all west coast games (far from you).

Miami... ditto.

Buffalo? In December, after Christmas? No f-in way.

Jets? I'd rather get a cold rectal probe than sit in the Meadowlands with Jets fans.

Realistically, the Colts game is the closest to you and would be the best game. However, getting tickets would be very difficult.

The Miami game shouldn't be hard to get tickets to, and there will be a lot of Pats fans there. And Miami at that time of year is a nice break from Wisconsin (maybe you can do what my wife and I did a few seasons ago and make it a mini-vacation, with a little Disney or Busch Gardens time in there). However, that's right around Thanksgiving.

You might have to reason with her and tell her that this just isn't a good season for catching an away game...

you should go to:
Knotts Berry Farm on 10-9
Disneyland on 10-10
Wild Animal Park on 10-11
Pats-Chargers on 10-12
Mexico on 10-13
home on 10-14

:thumb:

I'd got with JD's selection. Miami in November isn't a bad idea.

Definitely Miami.

Just invest in some nice Oakley mirrored wrap-arounds before you get her to South Beach.

You want to eat a nice steak, not put it on your eye!:thumb:

I'd got with JD's selection. Miami in November isn't a bad idea.

Yeah, and Thanksgiving is actually the following weekend (Thu. 11/27).

You can probably get a decently-priced flight to Miami (or Orlando, or Tampa, depending upon what else you do).

There are always tickets available for that game, and a lot of Pats fans go to it.

That would definitely be my away-game choice if I couldn't swing a home game.

I would go to the Jets game disguised as a Jets fan. If their quarterback gets hurt you can cheer as loud as you want without blowing your cover.

Yeah, and Thanksgiving is actually the following weekend (Thu. 11/27).

You can probably get a decently-priced flight to Miami (or Orlando, or Tampa, depending upon what else you do).

There are always tickets available for that game, and a lot of Pats fans go to it.

That would definitely be my away-game choice if I couldn't swing a home game.

I know a couple years ago I overheard a guy in the supermarket saying he went to Miami for the Packer game there.

Will definitely take that into consideration. And tickets shouldn't be that hard to get considering 1-15... >)

you should go to:
Knotts Berry Farm on 10-9
Disneyland on 10-10
Wild Animal Park on 10-11
Pats-Chargers on 10-12
Mexico on 10-13
home on 10-14

:thumb:

Nice work. BOU approves this message. Although, if you have no children. . .

10-9 thru 10-12: Gaslamp district (at the W, Solymar or Hard Rock) or Mexico (Las Gaviotas).

10-13: recover from BOU's tailgate and lopsided Patriot loss.

10-14: home:toast:

I know a couple years ago I overheard a guy in the supermarket saying he went to Miami for the Packer game there.

Will definitely take that into consideration. And tickets shouldn't be that hard to get considering 1-15... >)

Miami is so nice in November I LOVE South Beach but it is a wild ride there. NEver been to game there though..

You COULD leave your wife at home and take me to a home game ;)

J/K.. I can't put myself in your situation, I've NEVER seen them play at home. The Panthers aren't even my team and I've seen every one of their home games except two in the past three years..
I guess I'd pick Miami though. Cause that could be the place to be...

with tuna in Miami tickets got a little harder to get

ROFL
Thats why he'll need the steak for his eye, gawking at teh tuna

I just bottled and kegged 8 gallons of my IPA Mikie, with gas prices Yo-man-cheese may be our go to spot for camping more than once or thrice

7.1% Alc :party:

Back