A High Level Study Of Mac Jones' Game

Mac in action.

E1eFwvgXIAEJOep

vp3imhoasgjcrhmsp6ft.jpg

wuzde65tls2u27n1e8vh.jpg

Last edited:
Can he beat out Stidham for Backup QB role. It should be very inteesting to see . how he preforms with the backups . Maybe he can get Asiasi& Keene involved in passing game.

Last edited:
Can he beat out Stidham for Backup QB role. It should be very inteesting to see how he preforms backups . Maybe he can get Asiasi& Keene involved in passing game.
Very. We've got 3 preseason games and they are all waaaaayyy more interesting because of the QB situation.

87 days to go before the first one vs. Washington.

I wonder will Cam or Mac have Julio Jones to throw to in the season? Another Bama player and one of the best receivers of the [ast 10 years to come out of college.
I would love that trade. I think Falcons will trade before the season. It would Give Cam a #1 option at WR. Even if hes not in his prime. He would open things up for agholar & TE's.

I would love that trade. I think Falcons will trade before the season. It would Give Cam a #1 option at WR. Even if hes not in his prime. He would open things up for agholar & TE's.
Love to have him, but not if he blows the budget.

I wonder will Cam or Mac have Julio Jones to throw to in the season? Another Bama player and one of the best receivers of the [ast 10 years to come out of college.
I think Julio is all done. The injuries have mounted over the years and he is not the same player. Plus, Cam won't be able to hit him deep anyways. Best to spend the money on a younger WR with more left in the tank IMO.

If the price is a 2nd rounder then I'm all for a Julio Jones trade as long as he checks out medically.

I know he had the hammy last season, but that is an injury he should (ahem) recover from. If you get a chance to get a Julio Jones, even one that is
closer to the end than the beginning, then you should make sure your phone is always charged.

I first saw him play when he was in HIgh School and I'd be really pleased to see him end his career wearing a Patriots uniform about 4 years from now
after he becomes Randy Moss II for us. Randy would be another guy that was supposed to be over the hill, except reports of his general decline turned
out to be wildly inaccurate.

I have a hard time seeing BB bring in a relatively expensive WR with not so sure about thread on the tires. It would basically be the opposite of what he did when he got a good dual TE tandem. The same year he shipped off Moss to focus on Gronknandez monster that was brewing.

That said, BB has done things quite differently this offseason. Maybe he gets Julio to re-structure, buy in (be healthy and ready to go of course) and all of a sudden the offense becomes a serious strength.

If the price is a 2nd rounder then I'm all for a Julio Jones trade as long as he checks out medically.

I know he had the hammy last season, but that is an injury he should (ahem) recover from. If you get a chance to get a Julio Jones, even one that is
closer to the end than the beginning, then you should make sure your phone is always charged.

I first saw him play when he was in HIgh School and I'd be really pleased to see him end his career wearing a Patriots uniform about 4 years from now
after he becomes Randy Moss II for us. Randy would be another guy that was supposed to be over the hill, except reports of his general decline turned
out to be wildly inaccurate.
Randy was dogging it in Oakland. He was that kind of player. Sometimes he played 100 percent, sometimes he didn't. Julio has never been anything but a professional. I really wish we got him a few years ago and gave up a #1 or whatever it took for him instead of Cooks. He is 32 now and coming off his worst season since 2013. A #2 for him would be a waste like it was when we gave it up for Sanu.

I have a hard time seeing BB bring in a relatively expensive WR with not so sure about thread on the tires. It would basically be the opposite of what he did when he got a good dual TE tandem. The same year he shipped off Moss to focus on Gronknandez monster that was brewing.

That said, BB has done things quite differently this offseason. Maybe he gets Julio to re-structure, buy in (be healthy and ready to go of course) and all of a sudden the offense becomes a serious strength.
It's not that Bill is doing things differently, he now has other people that he is making joint decisions with. He is not the sole decision-maker anymore so in that sense, I would agree that the trade could be on the table but I give it less than a 20% chance of happening.

It's not that Bill is doing things differently, he now has other people that he is making joint decisions with. He is not the sole decision-maker anymore so in that sense, I would agree that the trade could be on the table but I give it less than a 20% chance of happening.

Bill has always had final say. That has not changed. Unless you can back your claim up with a credible source I can't really see where you get this from.

Bill has always had final say. That has not changed. Unless you can back your claim up with a credible source I can't really see where you get this from.
It was reported all off-season that it was a more collaborative approach this off-season which echoes Kraft's comments about a change in the draft process. You can just google it and find a ton of stories.

It was reported all off-season that it was a more collaborative approach this off-season which echoes Kraft's comments about a change in the draft process. You can just google it and find a ton of stories.

I am well aware of that, but that doesn't mean that Belichick is suddenly taking a backseat in the decision making process, which is how you're making it out to be. Belichick is still the one making the final decision.

Obviously BB can't be at many places at once, so he's going to have people doing their job, but in the end it goes back to him.

I am well aware of that, but that doesn't mean that Belichick is suddenly taking a backseat in the decision making process, which is how you're making it out to be. Belichick is still the one making the final decision.

Obviously BB can't be at many places at once, so he's going to have people doing their job, but in the end it goes back to him.
Sure. He is still making decisions. I was more saying that others are having influence in the process which has led to this very different off-season which to be honest, I have loved especially the draft.

Randy was dogging it in Oakland. He was that kind of player. Sometimes he played 100 percent, sometimes he didn't. Julio has never been anything but a professional. I really wish we got him a few years ago and gave up a #1 or whatever it took for him instead of Cooks. He is 32 now and coming off his worst season since 2013. A #2 for him would be a waste like it was when we gave it up for Sanu.

Lots of people thought Moss was done before we got him. Lots.

Cooks was a pretty good deal for us. I won't bother to look up the particulars, but it didn't cost us much of anything to rent him for a year.

Anyhow, trading for Julio would have been impossible before this year. He has been ultra-productive and a perfect teammate despite playing for a mediocre organization that would have had
other guys finagling to get to a team where they have a chance to win a ring. He missed 6 games last year and parts of others. His worst year in football and he averaged about 5 catches a game. That isn't exactly falling off the table top. The age and missed time doesn't mean he's all done, but comparing him to Sanu is ridiculous. You may as well compare the average American Idol contestant to Bocelli.

But, as I'm still in a benevolent mood after landing Mac Jones, I'm going to suggest we just agree to disagree on the wisdom of a deal that hasn't happened.

If we get him, then I'll be glad to revisit the discussion at a later time.

Back