A Little Lipstick for that Pig

KT isn't particularly young either. At that age you shouldn't be completely fazed by someone getting in your grill about something.

Alright, my first job wasn't on TV with a crowd of that many people, but I'd been chewed up and spat back out by some very senior management people in my first job when I was his age (that's how important I was, you see! :coffee:)

He's just gotta soldier on and he'll be fine.

KT isn't particularly young either. At that age you shouldn't be completely fazed by someone getting in your grill about something.

Alright, my first job wasn't on TV with a crowd of that many people, but I'd been chewed up and spat back out by some very senior management people in my first job when I was his age (that's how important I was, you see! :coffee:)

He's just gotta soldier on and he'll be fine.

KT is 25 but he only began football in earnest 4 yrs ago. He'd compare to a college freshman in terms of football age. That makes what he's doing even more phenomenal to me.

I note that the OP began by apologizing to folks he had "given greif" to about the PATS receivers before the game. Aan interesting way to start for someone who then goes on to give a rosey analysis for the balance of the season, based on one close win in Buffalo and a truly lousy offensive performance on Thursday evening.

The weapons that are missing will be gone for however long they are going to be gone and in that time what do we suppose the defensive coordinators for the teams we will face in this condition will be doing? Reading this forum? The PATS offense is wounded and the wide receiver corps is a question mark, that provided a bit of an answer to that question on Thursday evening that this fan will not excuse. It needs to get better, a lot better or we are going to be watching a lot of offensive games like this.

I've been PATS fan for a very long time, I know what futility is. I hate looking at it. Like I said I've been a PATS fan for a long time and for better than the last decade I got know what brilliance looks like, I love watching it. Week one was close. Thursday evening felt way too much like futility.

Hi there. It appears as if you are using "interesting" as "hypocritical", and while I'm not sure you deserve an explanation, here goes.

Particularly in the wake of Welker's defection, a lot of people went (what I felt was) overboard with regard to the WRs. Like any rational fan, I expected there to be plenty of bumps in the road, but I thought it was ridiculous that anyone thought this group would rival 2006's ineptitude and made that opinion clear. Obviously I underestimated the potential nadir of this group.

That said, I feel I made a compelling argument as to why it won't be a season-long struggle at those depths. If you feel like joining in that discussion, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

FWIW, here is a line I added to later versions of this post:

Bill went into a gun fight with a sling shot, knowing there was a good chance his opponent's pistol would misfire. Thankfully, he was right.

Did you see how pleased he was after that win?

I've been PATS fan for a very long time, I know what futility is. I hate looking at it. Like I said I've been a PATS fan for a long time and for better than the last decade I got know what brilliance looks like, I love watching it. Week one was close. Thursday evening felt way too much like futility.

Week one was close to......what exactly?

Are you saying brilliance? Have I got that right?

If so, then you must be using Rod Rust's "I'm proud of my men" 1990 squad as a measuring stick.

Not even close. We had one nice drive from behind with the clock running out.

Week one was close to......what exactly?

Are you saying brilliance? Have I got that right?

If so, then you must be using Rod Rust's "I'm proud of my men" 1990 squad as a measuring stick.

Not even close. We had one nice drive from behind with the clock running out.

Not familiar with this poster but I think he meant close as in a close game.

Whereas the JESTS game was just futile.

Not familiar with this poster but I think he meant close as in a close game.

Whereas the JESTS game was just futile.

I never would have gotten that meaning out of it.

Thanks for the sub-titling job assuming you are correct.

However, both games were uncomfortably close and neither should have been.

I'll concede that the Jets game was even more mistake-filled and frustrating, so maybe we have the fundamental pieces in place for some kind of agreement on the topic.

KT is 25 but he only began football in earnest 4 yrs ago. He'd compare to a college freshman in terms of football age. That makes what he's doing even more phenomenal to me.

No, I think he's great. I was merely remarking that at that age you should be able to withstand some flak from your boss.

Different situation if he's 20, at least in my opinion.

The fact that he wasn't even drafted and yet he's ahead of Dobson and Boyce who were drafted, says something to me. Of all the rookies, KT is the one I'm the least worried about.

Back