A Little Lipstick for that Pig

I note that the OP began by apologizing to folks he had "given greif" to about the PATS receivers before the game. Aan interesting way to start for someone who then goes on to give a rosey analysis for the balance of the season, based on one close win in Buffalo and a truly lousy offensive performance on Thursday evening.

The weapons that are missing will be gone for however long they are going to be gone and in that time what do we suppose the defensive coordinators for the teams we will face in this condition will be doing? Reading this forum? The PATS offense is wounded and the wide receiver corps is a question mark, that provided a bit of an answer to that question on Thursday evening that this fan will not excuse. It needs to get better, a lot better or we are going to be watching a lot of offensive games like this.

I've been PATS fan for a very long time, I know what futility is. I hate looking at it. Like I said I've been a PATS fan for a long time and for better than the last decade I got know what brilliance looks like, I love watching it. Week one was close. Thursday evening felt way too much like futility.

I note that the OP began by apologizing to folks he had "given greif" to about the PATS receivers before the game. Aan interesting way to start for someone who then goes on to give a rosey analysis for the balance of the season, based on one close win in Buffalo and a truly lousy offensive performance on Thursday evening.

The weapons that are missing will be gone for however long they are going to be gone and in that time what do we suppose the defensive coordinators for the teams we will face in this condition will be doing? Reading this forum? The PATS offense is wounded and the wide receiver corps is a question mark, that provided a bit of an answer to that question on Thursday evening that this fan will not excuse. It needs to get better, a lot better or we are going to be watching a lot of offensive games like this.

I've been PATS fan for a very long time, I know what futility is. I hate looking at it. Like I said I've been a PATS fan for a long time and for better than the last decade I got know what brilliance looks like, I love watching it. Week one was close. Thursday evening felt way too much like futility.

I answered your other rant in another thread. It's here:

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2058415&postcount=12

Most of us here at the Planet lean toward a glass half full position. Most of us are not defeatists even though we've been fans when times weren't so good. We understand that BB thought he would have Gronk, Ahern & Ballard for this season. Who knew Ahern would be arrested for murder? Who knew Gronk would need back Sx? Who knew Ballard wouldn't recover? With or w/out Welker, we would have been stacked and this was a month before the draft when Welker signed.

It was the first and second games for these receivers. People need to chill out. Dobson has already done more than Ochostinko in one game, caught a TD, and got wide open several times.

That is true in ordinary circumstances in which the youngster earns only an occasional snap, other than practice. It is not how long it takes when you are force-fed into the the team, such as many occur in an expansion team environment, or tn this case the WR is being force fed and the team is accepting the immaturity, striving to condesne the development of the demonstrable talent. :spock:
Actually, it's pretty true in most cases even if the rookie starts year 1. Reggie Wayne didn't really break out until his 3rd year for example. Plenty of other star receivers took a few years before really becoming the player we attribute them to.

Now, the Patriots may bring theirs along quicker than average due to exceptional QB play and a complete lack of other options at this point (with all due respect to Edelman)

Still though, I'd temper expectations.

Actually, it's pretty true in most cases even if the rookie starts year 1. Reggie Wayne didn't really break out until his 3rd year for example. Plenty of other star receivers took a few years before really becoming the player we attribute them to.

Now, the Patriots may bring theirs along quicker than average due to exceptional QB play and a complete lack of other options at this point (with all due respect to Edelman)

Still though, I'd temper expectations.

Roddy White is another example of a guy who took 3 yrs to break out. Thompkins is a tough kid. If Brady doesn't completely break his spirit, I think he'll learn quickly.

It was the first and second games for these receivers. People need to chill out. Dobson has already done more than Ochostinko in one game, caught a TD, and got wide open several times.

And Ocho was a pro bowler who could never learn the playbook.

That is true in ordinary circumstances in which the youngster earns only an occasional snap, other than practice. It is not how long it takes when you are force-fed into the the team, such as many occur in an expansion team environment, or tn this case the WR is being force fed and the team is accepting the immaturity, striving to condesne the development of the demonstrable talent. :spock:

I think the Pats were still supposed to be a TE based offense this year wh/ would have allowed the rookies to work in slowly. It is what it is...Ballard and Fells didn't pan out and Gronk is 3 wks late to the party.

Roddy White is another example of a guy who took 3 yrs to break out. Thompkins is a tough kid. If Brady doesn't completely break his spirit, I think he'll learn quickly.
In all fairness, White had crappy Ron Mexico at first. 1st year with just journeymen QBs he cracked 1000 yds (2007)

He does kinda need to be careful with that. I understand the expectations are high but you don't want to shatter a young player's confidence.

He does kinda need to be careful with that. I understand the expectations are high but you don't want to shatter a young player's confidence.

Body language is very important. :coffee:

Does it piss you off that Bruschi said the same thing earlier in the week? :D
But I agree. I don't like the visible rage to that extent. Though he was most rage filled at Edelperson who should have known better. I'm very glad he said something about having to improve on that in his presser. Now he has to follow through.

Body language is very important. :coffee:

Does it piss you off that Bruschi said the same thing earlier in the week? :D
But I agree. I don't like the visible rage to that extent. Though he was most rage filled at Edelperson who should have known better. I'm very glad he said something about having to improve on that in his presser. Now he has to follow through.
LOL.

Yeah, I'm not criticizing for the record. There is a time to kick ass and get in people's faces. Just gotta be careful, especially with a young player.

You've been here not quite a month. Seems a bit soon to be ranting and calling people out. :coffee:

*click*

I answered your other rant in another thread. It's here:

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2058415&postcount=12

Most of us here at the Planet lean toward a glass half full position. Most of us are not defeatists even though we've been fans when times weren't so good. We understand that BB thought he would have Gronk, Ahern & Ballard for this season. Who knew Ahern would be arrested for murder? Who knew Gronk would need back Sx? Who knew Ballard wouldn't recover? With or w/out Welker, we would have been stacked and this was a month before the draft when Welker signed.
I think the guy has a short and somewhat selective memory and on top of that, maybe he thinks the Patriots should win it all whatever the circumstances and if they don't, then someone has to be blamed!
I don't recall the really bad years, because I didn't become a fan of the Patriots until the mid eighties, so, I've seen some bad, some not so bad, some good and some really good but, if I want to get my feet back on the ground and get some real perspective on how things are to how things were then I dig out this book, Tales from the Patriots Sidelines and I sit down and read it from cover to cover, then, I know how lucky I am to be a fan at this time and accept whatever the Patriots give me, win or lose.
I hope this makes sense.

I think the guy has a short and somewhat selective memory and on top of that, maybe he thinks the Patriots should win it all whatever the circumstances and if they don't, then someone has to be blamed!
I don't recall the really bad years, because I didn't become a fan of the Patriots until the mid eighties, so, I've seen some bad, some not so bad, some good and some really good but, if I want to get my feet back on the ground and get some real perspective on how things are to how things were then I dig out this book, Tales from the Patriots Sidelines and I sit down and read it from cover to cover, then, I know how lucky I am to be a fan at this time and accept whatever the Patriots give me, win or lose.
I hope this makes sense.

If you'd have actually gone through it, other than reading about it in a book, you'd have an even better understanding. :coffee:

That's not exactly setting the bar very high. Just sayin.

Back