Adam Vinatieri Call It Quits

That was awesome. I remember how Bledsoe ripped the Bills with a clutch drive ended with a TD.

I liked Pete Carroll's style there! "Go for two, f**k 'em!"

I always liked his style but for some reason the players seemed not to respond to his rah rah style very well.

I always liked his style but for some reason the players seemed not to respond to his rah rah style very well.
Yeah, I always liked Carroll, never minded his style. Damn good football coach no matter what people might say.

The long standing issue for him at Seattle is not bolstering that O Line.

Yeah, I always liked him, too. He's a great coach, but his style is just different from both Bill B. and Bill P. He followed Parcells and I think that the players were used to a sarcastic, rough around the edges environment and then Pete came along. I think the players viewed his approach as a weakness and sort of ran over him.

He's gone on record many times to say that Vinatieri was the best player on the entire 2001 roster.
Did he? I can name a dozen players or more that were better than Adam that year. Prior to the post-season, he was kicking at 80 percent. Hardly earth shattering.

Back