Add Jeffrey Kessler to Brady's legal team.

If we're going to burn it down, I'll suggest Tierra Del Fuego which is pretty remote and is spanish for Land of Fire. I couldn't find a Tierra Del Ceniza (ash).

So Kraft walks into the owners meeting next week...

"Gentlemen, this is Jeffery Kessler. Call him Jeff. More on him in a minute.

Now as many of you know, I've always been a "league first" guy. I am a true football fan, going back to my days sitting on cold metal benches at the old Sullivan Stadium. Named after Billy Sullivan. Some of you may remember him. If not, feel free to google him. It's an, shall I say, entertaining story. Anyway, I grew up dreaming of being a part of this wonderful league, working with the greatest athletes on earth, helping to steward the greatest game on earth. The day I acquired the New England Patriots ranks up there with the happiest days of my life, when my beloved Myra said "I do" and when my children were born. I love this league and I love this game.

Anyway, as I was saying, I've always put the league before my own personal interests. Remember that ridiculous situation called "Spygate" where my head coach put his toe across the line of the rule book, basically doing a rolling stop through a stop sign in the grand scheme. Remember how I allowed the new commissioner, one who I helped put in that job, come down overly harsh on us, because I thought it was for the good of the league to send a message that there was indeed a "new sheriff" in town. I knew my Patriots and my brand would take a hit, but I allowed it, for the good of our enterprise here. And remember when some of you bumbled your way into a labor dispute with the players union, in part due to the ridiculously bad collectively bargained agreement you had put yourselves in just a few years prior. Do you remember who left his dying wife's bedside to come here and as Jeff Saturday so eloquently put it, "save football". Does anyone remember that?

Well, gentlemen, I am here today with a different purpose. I'm sure we've all read about the insanely ridiculous investigation and punishment just handed down by a renegade commissioner, that same commissioner that I supported when he fumbled all over himself during the Ray Rice investigation. Remember how he said they couldn't get the elevator tape, until they saw it broadcast on TMZ and how he never saw it only to find out it was e-mailed to the league office by the authorities in Atlantic City. Does anyone recall any of that?

Well gentlemen, changes are going to be made here today. I am no longer putting "The Shield" ahead of my team. Not when the reputation of the greatest player this game has ever seen is being smeared like no other. Today, I am putting my team, the team that I built from scratch, first.

Today, we have a decision to make. A or B.

A) We are going to unanimously vote to terminate the employment of Roger Goodell, with cause, and I am going to walk out to that podium and announce said firing the world. There will be no announcements about "spending more time with family". And we are going to go back to our respective media outlets and talk about how our review of the facts of the report, and items not included in that report, show the conclusions of the report to be without foundation and the conclusions made by the league office had no merit in fact and furthermore, that for the good of the league, we are going to remove this commissioner and consider this matter closed.

or

B) Mr. Jeffery Kessler here is going to make it his life's mission to remove the anti-trust provisions the league currently enjoys and create a situation where we remove Mr. Goodell anyway, along with the anti-trust protections we operate under, and we will begin not only competing on the field of play, but in the front offices as well.

And make no mistake about it, with my business acumen, I am going to rip your hearts out and eat them in front of you.

I'll give you gentlemen a minute to discuss this between yourselves.

Whoa........that is.......no words, man.....no words.

I'm all in for a scorched earth policy

Sign me up

105044-bad-boys-shit-just-got-real-gi-nMpT.gif

Hope Brady and Kes embarrass the league. Wells, especially with today's presser, will not take a chance. I'll start taking bets for how long it takes the emotional Wells to cry from "personal statements".

And make no mistake about it, with my business acumen, I am going to rip your hearts out and eat them in front of you.

Deserves its own post.

Hope Brady and Kes embarrass the league. Wells, especially with today's presser, will not take a chance. I'll start taking bets for how long it takes the emotional Wells to cry from "personal statements".

I think the chances are better that he'll claim 'attorney-client privilege' and never be heard from again. Probably sometime just after that check clears. :coffee:

Now as many of you know, I've always been a "league first" guy. I am a true football fan, going back to my days sitting on cold metal benches at the old Sullivan Stadium. Named after Billy Sullivan. Some of you may remember him. If not, feel free to google him. It's an, shall I say, entertaining story. Anyway, I grew up dreaming of being a part of this wonderful league, working with the greatest athletes on earth, helping to steward the greatest game on earth. The day I acquired the New England Patriots ranks up there with the happiest days of my life, when my beloved Myra said "I do" and when my children were born. I love this league and I love this game.

Anyway, as I was saying, I've always put the league before my own personal interests. Remember that ridiculous situation called "Spygate" where my head coach put his toe across the line of the rule book, basically doing a rolling stop through a stop sign in the grand scheme. Remember how I allowed the new commissioner, one who I helped put in that job, come down overly harsh on us, because I thought it was for the good of the league to send a message that there was indeed a "new sheriff" in town. I knew my Patriots and my brand would take a hit, but I allowed it, for the good of our enterprise here. And remember when some of you bumbled your way into a labor dispute with the players union, in part due to the ridiculously bad collectively bargained agreement you had put yourselves in just a few years prior. Do you remember who left his dying wife's bedside to come here and as Jeff Saturday so eloquently put it, "save football". Does anyone remember that?

Well, gentlemen, I am here today with a different purpose. I'm sure we've all read about the insanely ridiculous investigation and punishment just handed down by a renegade commissioner, that same commissioner that I supported when he fumbled all over himself during the Ray Rice investigation. Remember how he said they couldn't get the elevator tape, until they saw it broadcast on TMZ and how he never saw it only to find out it was e-mailed to the league office by the authorities in Atlantic City. Does anyone recall any of that?

Well gentlemen, changes are going to be made here today. I am no longer putting "The Shield" ahead of my team. Not when the reputation of the greatest player this game has ever seen is being smeared like no other. Today, I am putting my team, the team that I built from scratch, first.

A) We are going to unanimously vote to terminate the employment of Roger Goodell, with cause, and I am going to walk out to that podium and announce said firing the world. There will be no announcements about "spending more time with family". And we are going to go back to our respective media outlets and talk about how our review of the facts of the report, and items not included in that report, show the conclusions of the report to be without foundation and the conclusions made by the league office had no merit in fact and furthermore, that for the good of the league, we are going to remove this commissioner and consider this matter closed.

or

B) Mr. Jeffery Kessler here is going to make it his life's mission to remove the anti-trust provisions the league currently enjoys and create a situation where we remove Mr. Goodell anyway, along with the anti-trust protections we operate under, and we will begin not only competing on the field of play, but in the front offices as well.

:bow::bow::bow:

Forbes is impressed
http://www.forbes.com/sites/vincent...is-to-help-with-appeal-of-deflate-suspension/

So am I! I can't imagine what this guy charges...but this stopped being about money when Wells said he charged five million. TB plus GB can spend any amount they want. This is about image and principle now and Goodell allowed Brady's name to be smeared nationally when a simple phone call would have done the trick.

Florio thinks Brady may get off with 0 games of suspension. With all the holes already punched through Wells' half assed effort I can see that.

Goodell, Kensil in his big new offices...cya assholes...

There's a new sheriff in town now. Kessler carries big guns.

There's no way this team should be docked a first round draft pick. There's no reason Tom Brady should be suspended for as much as a game. There's no reason to pay the NFL 100 million pennies.

Unless you're Roger or Bill Polian. And that's sort of telling.

or

Give them 15 mins, and videotape the discussion, and I am in agreement. :D

I think the chances are better that he'll claim 'attorney-client privilege' and never be heard from again. Probably sometime just after that check clears. :coffee:

If this makes it into a courtroom this would be an interesting situation. Would the privilege hold up under the auspices of an "independent investigator" rather than as a legal counsel as Wells has been represented?

Would Wells be subject to direct and cross examination as to the contents of his report and the details of his investigation?

Kessler cross-examining Wells as to the investigation he conducted would dwarf the Mayweather/Paquia pay-per-view take.

If this makes it into a courtroom this would be an interesting situation. Would the privilege hold up under the auspices of an "independent investigator" rather than as a legal counsel as Well has been represented?

Would Wells be subject to direct and cross examination as to the contents of his report and the details of his investigation?

Kessler cross-examining Wells as to the investigation he conducted would dwarf the Mayweather/Paquiao pay-per-view take.

This is why I expect Wells would claim privilege and go into hiding. It would hold up, if Wells admitted to functioning as counsel for the NFL.

Kessler would eat him for breakfast, if today's press conference was any indication. :coffee:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the absolute best case scenario is overturning Brady's suspension (which I don't think the league expected to stand in the first place) and the 1st and 4th will still stand, correct?

I'm just feeling like this doesn't matter. Brady will be here and we get ****ed on the draft picks which are pretty much more important.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the absolute best case scenario is overturning Brady's suspension (which I don't think the league expected to stand in the first place) and the 1st and 4th will still stand, correct?

I'm just feeling like this doesn't matter. Brady will be here and we get ****ed on the draft picks which are pretty much more important.

My feeling on this is the same. So Brady can play but the league found a way to force parity on the AFC East over and above the machinery already in place. It's sickening.

They planned for this. Pats fans go from pissed to happy the TB's suspension is overturned while the interests of parity are served. Why else would the league dock a first rounder in this matter? Certainly not for the reasons Vincent claims.

From what I understand, Kraft can't appeal the fine, but he can appeal the draft picks.

They would be separate appeal processes. Brady's is collectively bargained, Kraft's isn't.

Have to say I was alarmed reading the Wells conference call snippets. he seemed like an emotional teenage girl hitting back at the mean girls taunting him. It seemed a pathetic call and what stands out is him stating his beliefs and opinions on Brady's culpability. Did not sound very independent to me.

Mike Florio. Upon further review, Mortensen, the officials and the NFL f*ucked this up from the start.

Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> 5. The game officials and league executives didn’t know about the application of the Ideal Gas Law.
The Wells report explains that, after the Colts made another complaint based on the perceived reduction in air pressure in the football intercepted by linebacker D’Qwell Jackson in the second quarter, two alternate officials (Clete Blakeman and Dyrol Prioleau) tested the pressure in the footballs, with league officials Alberto Riveron and Troy Vincent present. The 11 Patriots footballs were each below the 12.5 PSI minimum; the four Colts footballs tested by the officials were in the vicinity of 12.5 PSI. (It’s unclear whether the men conducting the testing or observing it realized that the Colts’ footballs had a higher initial inflation amount of 13.0 to 13.1 PSI.)
Based on the explanation on Tuesday’s PFT Live from long-time game official and supervisor of officials Jim Daopoulos that officials generally weren’t aware that air pressure shrinks during cold-weather games, the visceral reaction at that moment by the folks in the room quite likely may have been that the Patriots had been caught in the act.
6. The NFL initially made the numbers seems worse than they actually were.
Fueled by PSI measurements that seem low to someone who doesn’t instantly realize that air pressure drops significantly during prolonged exposure to cold temperatures, the league promptly launched an investigation. But NFL executive V.P. Dave Gardi inexplicably told the Patriots in the initial letter explaining the investigation that one of the balls was determined to have a pressure of only 10.1 PSI, even though one of the footballs had a pressure that low.
Then, someone from the league (it surely wasn’t someone from the Patriots) leaked to ESPN’s Chris Mortensen that 10 of the 12 balls were a full two pounds below the 12.5 PSI minimum. The measurements reveal that this information was false.
The false information leaked to Mortensen gave the story more traction and a higher degree of significance. It also placed the Patriots on the defensive without the Patriots knowing the specific PSI measurements against which they were defending. If true and accurate information had been leaked to the media or given to the Patriots, coach Bill Belichick’s notorious Mona Lisa Vito press conference would have been far more persuasive, because the data from one of the two significantly conflicting gauges used to determine the air pressure generated measurements in line with the expected loss in pressure during 90 minutes in the elements of a January day in Foxboro.
Think of how different the narrative would have been if, in the early days of the scandal, the prevailing information from one of the largest sports-media outlets in America had been not that 10 of the 12 balls were two pounds under the minimum but that all 12 balls (including the one that had been intercepted by Jackson) tested within the range consistent with the application of the Ideal Gas Law.
Also, think of how different the narrative would have been if, in the early days of the scandal, the league had acknowledged that the officials used two different gauges with dramatically different readings generated.
It’s impossible to know exactly what happened within the confines of the Ted Wells ensuing investigation without having access to the raw transcripts of interviews and the full range of text messages. For now, though, it’s clear that this investigation proceeded aggressively despite a history of less-than-zealous attention to air pressure, an apparent lack of immediate understanding regarding the Ideal Gas Law, and a non-accidental attempt to make the tampering seem more obvious than the facts suggest it was. And that makes it hard not to wonder what other flaws may be lurking within the 243-page report and the underlying evidence on which it was based. </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ally-unfolded/

Amen, Mr.Florio. :toast:

Kessler gonna have some fun with Snidely. :devil:

Florio is actually surprising me, I'd dismissed him as a tool long ago but he's been a reasonable voice on this for some time now.

Back