AFC Championship, Patriots at Broncos, Sunday Jan 24, 3pm CBS

Psyched Slater is back. Guy has been tough as nails all season!

It stinks that this game is not in Foxboro but being this healthy is better on road than being at half strength at home.

Adam Schefter <S>@</S>AdamSchefter <SMALL class=time>3m3 minutes ago </SMALL>
Broncos EVP/GM John Elway said on ESPN's NFL Insiders that CB Chris Harris and his shoulder injury will be "game-time decision" for Sunday.

I still cannot get over that Harris talked about his injury to a media type after the game Sunday. It may have been Silver, can't recall. It's baffling.

If Harris is out, that's pretty big.

Feeling more confident, hoping Pats shred those bastards. Didn't they once say, they being Denver, that their defense had no weaknesses?

They need to contain that edge . So you dont let anderson get big runs. That will set up Manning play action passes . Most importantly get some key defensive stops.

Why is NE only a 3 pt favorite?
Everyone seems to love NE yet 3 pts isn't much. It's because it's on the road in Denver. This Pats team with all their injuries is a very beatable team even though they rarely seem to actually get beaten in games they need to win. NE isn't a great team though. But neither is Denver. If Denver's DBs weren't injury riddled this would be a very close game. As it is, this game is and should be tilted to favor NE.

http://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-rbxpz-5bed79#.VqC3p3epPow.twitter

when you take into consideration that HFA is typically 3 points, the Pats giving 3 is kind of like giving 6. I'm thinking at home the line would probably be somewhere in the 7.5-8 range.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

If Harris is out, that's pretty big.

Feeling more confident, hoping Pats shred those bastards. Didn't they once say, they being Denver, that their defense had no weaknesses?

they, being Denver, have said a lot of shit this week.

Denver and their fans always run their mouths when it comes to the Pats. There's a good way to cure that, beat them in their stadium and wave to their fans on the way out.

Watching NFLN right now and they are replaying a bunch of the Broncos-Patriots matchups. Just saw the pick play where a Broncos WR deliberately took about Patriots CB Talib at the knees. It was so bad that BB mentioned it being one of the worst violations he has ever seen.

Of course, Talib is now a Bronco and I think Fox was the coach.

Montee Ball having some good runs too, wonder why the Pats have not activated him yet.

Just thought it was interesting in light of the comments from the Broncos camp this week about going for the knees.

An excellent article by Greg Bedard on the game

by Greg A. Bedard
Posted: Thu Jan. 21, 2016
If the Broncos are to pull off the upset against the Patriots on Sunday, the man that needs to have the game of his life is not QB Peyton Manning: it’s defensive coordinator Wade Phillips. He is charged with stopping what has been an unstoppable force.

My suggestion: put cornerback Aqib Talib on Gronkowski with help over the top. Talib’s talents would be wasted covering, say, Brandon LaFell. Use the physical Ward on the inside with Edelman and cornerback Chris Harris, who is beat up, on the outside. Let Von Miller cover running back James White, and rush only three. Invite the Patriots to run the ball, because it would shorten the game for the Broncos. And if Brady beats the Broncos running the ball and throwing to LaFell and Amendola, then so be it.
The Broncos have been excellent on defense over the course of the season, but this is an entirely different challenge which calls for drastic measures. Phillips hasn’t always been up for those during his career, but it’s now or never.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/01/21/nf...wade-phillips-denver-broncos-blanket-coverage

An excellent article by Greg Bedard on the game

by Greg A. Bedard
Posted: Thu Jan. 21, 2016
If the Broncos are to pull off the upset against the Patriots on Sunday, the man that needs to have the game of his life is not QB Peyton Manning: it’s defensive coordinator Wade Phillips. He is charged with stopping what has been an unstoppable force.

My suggestion: put cornerback Aqib Talib on Gronkowski with help over the top. Talib’s talents would be wasted covering, say, Brandon LaFell. Use the physical Ward on the inside with Edelman and cornerback Chris Harris, who is beat up, on the outside. Let Von Miller cover running back James White, and rush only three. Invite the Patriots to run the ball, because it would shorten the game for the Broncos. And if Brady beats the Broncos running the ball and throwing to LaFell and Amendola, then so be it.
The Broncos have been excellent on defense over the course of the season, but this is an entirely different challenge which calls for drastic measures. Phillips hasn’t always been up for those during his career, but it’s now or never.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/01/21/nf...wade-phillips-denver-broncos-blanket-coverage

Please god, let them try covering James White with Von Miller.

Please god, let them try covering James White with Von Miller.

I'd like to see Chris Harris try to defend LaFell with 1 arm dangling. It would help if LaFell actually LaCaught.

Adam Bogdan ‏<s>@</s>PatriotsInform <small class="time"> 5m5 minutes ago </small> In week 12, Brandon Bolden & Scott Chandler were the #2 and #3 best receiving options behind Gronk w/ 4 for 84 yds & 5 for 58 respectively

LaFell had 4 for 36 yards. Keshawn Martin and James White combined for 3 catches for 13 yards.

Martin has really come on in the past few weeks and may have passed LaFell IMO.

I'm so disappointed in Scott Chandler though. I really thought when we sign that guy that would force defenses not to double or triple Gronk.

Martin has really come on in the past few weeks and may have passed LaFell IMO.

Your right Lefell is playing like the #4 WR . Martin has stepped up with Lefell struggling. Too bad he don't have Edelman or Amendola quick release.

Back