AFC East - 2014

The Pats had no shortage of very close wins last year. It's possible that some think they overachieved a bit, and won't pull some of those out this year.

And they lost Talib. It's not a lateral move, because Revis is better - but he's not that much better than Talib.

Pats probably did overachieve last year. But with a personal group that is so much different than what should have been and will be starting.

The Pats had no shortage of very close wins last year. It's possible that some think they overachieved a bit, and won't pull some of those out this year.

And they lost Talib. It's not a lateral move, because Revis is better - but he's not that much better than Talib.

Why are so many people forgetting Brandon Browner? :shrug:

The Pats d will be much improved in my opinion this year.

1) He's a lot better than Talib.

2) Talib played 5 healthy games, missed three outright, left three others, and was average at best in the rest of them last year. When he was healthy, the Patriots were a top 5 defense in both yards and points allowed.

- Pythag. had them at 11-5 last year. The Broncos had the same. They won lots of close games last year too. Colts were at 9-7. They won a lot of close games too.

Most games in the NFL are close. This just in.

Troll attempt: Fail. :coffee:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-projections-playoffs-seahawks-colts/9767615/

USA Today has the Pats at 11-5 and has a Colts/Seahawk SB with the Sealatte repeating as Champs

Thanks for posting this, I love to see what BB has on the bulletin board to show the guys as they walk into another long season.... Great find... Keep them coming .

As for his overal prediction, he is running Vegas money, odds are they both make it back on paper but the season is one of many twist(Ed ankles) and turn(over)s.

Revis is a hack, worst corner in the league. You should send him back to us first chance you get. Posted via Mobile Device
ROFL he was your best player on the team. Don't try to deny it. He left for a huge contract with TB. Then signed with the pats.

Are you high?

I personally, as a pretty ardent football fan, see both guys as shutdown corners.

Like I said - Revis is better. But I'd hardly call him a massive upgrade, like it will be night & day at the corner position, or something like that.

Just my opinion.

I personally, as a pretty ardent football fan, see both guys as shutdown corners.

Like I said - Revis is better. But I'd hardly call him a massive upgrade, like it will be night & day at the corner position, or something like that.

Just my opinion.
Talib is too injured to be elite, his hip is chronic and continue to be an issue as it has been for his past three seasons

Just my opinion.

Even if Revis isn't significantly better than Talib was at his best in 2013, if Revis can stay healthy through the whole season and post-season, that will be a massive upgrade in and of itself.

Tannehill is better than most people think.

It's clear that Tannehill played behind an awful offensive line, probably the worst in the NFL. He had only four games when he was sacked two times or fewer, and in those games he threw six of his 17 total interceptions.
What wasn't clear last year was how much Tannehill could realistically have avoided being sacked so often.
By going through each sack and assigning a primary reason for the result of the play, it became clear that Tannehill wasn't the primary problem. Of the team's 58 sacks, the offensive line accounted for a mammoth 47. That would have been the second most in the NFL on its own last year.
<table><tbody><tr class="odd header"> <td class="">Ryan Tannehill</td> <td class="">Offensive Line</td> <td class="">Wide Receivers</td> <td class="">QB-C Exchange</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="">6</td> <td class="">47</td> <td class="">4</td> <td class="">1</td></tr></tbody></table>
================

Tannehill isn't thought of as a running quarterback, even though he has 449 rushing yards on 89 attempts for three touchdowns in his career so far. Because of his large frame and well-rounded athleticism, he is similar to Cam Newton in how he plays the game, but a much less effective running threat.
The Dolphins quarterback lacks the agility of Newton, but he has good enough footwork to extend plays in and out of the pocket, run for big gains on read-option plays and comfortably execute bootleg play-action.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...franchise-quarterback-nobody-is-talking-about

The Jets released RB Mike Goodson who was a 4th rnd pick by the Raiders a few years ago. He was a troubled guy who hadn't been in contact with the Jets for many months and neither his brother nor his agent knows where he is.

The Jets released RB Mike Goodson who was a 4th rnd pick by the Raiders a few years ago. He was a troubled guy who hadn't been in contact with the Jets for many months and neither his brother nor his agent knows where he is.
what is it with Raiders and players going missing?

sad to see this talent wasted

he is waiting those gun charges, I bet he is strung out someplace and they are telling him how great he is...freaking idiot

Just my opinion.

Revis is a gigantic upgrade, especially playing in a Belichick defense.

Revis is a gigantic upgrade, especially playing in all 16 games and every playoff game in a Belichick defense.

FYP.

That'll tend to make him exponentially better.

Talib had a habit of taking himself out when the stage got large.

Wes Welker? Really? If that were Hines Ward Talib would still be in ICU and Hines would still be crying.

Daniel Jeremiah ‏<s>@</s>MoveTheSticks <small class="time"> 5h </small> Bills added a lot of power/size to the OL in the draft. Looking like a power run team with quick hitting passes to explosive RAC WR's

I agree with this. If they gel and get great coaching, the Bills could be a much tougher out than most people think. Let's see if Manuel takes a leap this year.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="600"><tbody><tr><td>Buffalo Bills Depth Chart
</td> <td align="right">
BUF.gif
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table class="data" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="title"><td colspan="4">BUF Offense</td></tr><tr class="label"><td align="left">POS</td><td>First Team</td><td>Second Team</td><td>Third Team</td></tr><tr class="row1" align="right"><td align="left">WR</td><td align="left">Sammy Watkins</td><td align="left">Mike Williams</td><td align="left">Marquise Goodwin</td></tr><tr class="row2" align="right"><td align="left">LT</td><td align="left">Cordy Glenn</td><td align="left">Chris Hairston</td><td align="left">Edawn Coughman</td></tr><tr class="row1" align="right"><td align="left">LG</td><td align="left">Chris Williams</td><td align="left">Doug Legursky</td><td align="left">Cyril Richardson</td></tr><tr class="row2" align="right"><td align="left">C</td><td align="left">Eric Wood</td><td align="left">Macky MacPherson</td><td align="left">
</td></tr><tr class="row1" align="right"><td align="left">RG</td><td align="left">Kraig Urbik</td><td align="left">Antoine McClain</td><td align="left">
</td></tr><tr class="row2" align="right"><td align="left">RT</td><td align="left">Cyrus Kouandjio</td><td align="left">Erik Pears</td><td align="left">Seantrel Henderson</td></tr><tr class="row1" align="right"><td align="left">TE</td><td align="left">Scott Chandler</td><td align="left">Tony Moeaki</td><td align="left">Lee Smith</td></tr><tr class="row2" align="right"><td align="left">WR</td><td align="left">Robert Woods</td><td align="left">T.J. Graham</td><td align="left">Marcus Easley</td></tr><tr class="row1" align="right"><td align="left">QB</td><td align="left">EJ Manuel</td><td align="left">Thad Lewis</td><td align="left">Jeff Tuel</td></tr><tr class="row2" align="right"><td align="left">RB</td><td align="left">C.J. Spiller</td><td align="left">Fred Jackson</td><td align="left">Bryce Brown</td></tr><tr class="row1" align="right"><td align="left">FB</td><td align="left">Frank Summers</td><td align="left">Evan Rodriguez</td><td align="left">
</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="data" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="title"><td colspan="4">BUF Defense</td></tr><tr class="label"><td align="left">POS</td><td align="left">First Team</td><td align="left">Second Team</td><td align="left">Third Team</td></tr><tr class="row1" align="right"><td align="left">RDE</td><td align="left">Mario Williams</td><td align="left">Jerry Hughes</td><td align="left">Bryan Johnson</td></tr><tr class="row2" align="right"><td align="left">RDT</td><td align="left">Kyle Williams</td><td align="left">Stefan Charles</td><td align="left">
</td></tr><tr class="row1" align="right"><td align="left">LDT</td><td align="left">Marcell Dareus</td><td align="left">Corbin Bryant</td><td align="left">Damien Jacobs</td></tr><tr class="row2" align="right"><td align="left">LDE</td><td align="left">Alan Branch</td><td align="left">Jarius Wynn</td><td align="left">Ikponmwosa Igbinosun</td></tr><tr class="row1" align="right"><td align="left">LOLB</td><td align="left">Manny Lawson</td><td align="left">Ty Powell</td><td align="left">Nathan Williams</td></tr><tr class="row2" align="right"><td align="left">MLB</td><td align="left">Brandon Spikes</td><td align="left">Preston Brown</td><td align="left">Keith Rivers</td></tr><tr class="row1" align="right"><td align="left">ROLB</td><td align="left">Kiko Alonso</td><td align="left">Nigel Bradham</td><td align="left">Jacquies Smith</td></tr><tr class="row2" align="right"><td align="left">RCB</td><td align="left">Stephon Gilmore</td><td align="left">Corey Graham</td><td align="left">Nickell Robey</td></tr><tr class="row1" align="right"><td align="left">LCB</td><td align="left">Leodis McKelvin</td><td align="left">Brandon Smith</td><td align="left">Ross Cockrell</td></tr><tr class="row2" align="right"><td align="left">SS</td><td align="left">Aaron Williams</td><td align="left">Jonathan Meeks</td><td align="left">Jajuan Harley</td></tr><tr class="row1" align="right"><td align="left">FS</td><td align="left">Da'Norris Searcy</td><td align="left">Duke Williams</td><td align="left">Kenny Ladler</td></tr></tbody></table>
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/depth-chart/printable/BUF/buffalo-bills

Back