After listening to Goodell today 9/11/16 on Deflategate

I did not consume a snap of NFL football this weekend.

It really didn't bother me much. Watched some soccer in the morning, did some yard work, took the dog for a walk.

I watched some of the 9/11 specials while the Pats were on. This would have been a lot tougher to stay away from on another day.

He looks in really poor health. Not rested. Not vibrant. Almost a plasticity to him.

That makes me happy.

I refuse to wish health problems on anyone. But maybe he could die in fire. That's not a health problem, exactly.

Cheers, BostonTim

Ironic that Goodell is taking a victory lap over DG while Bill wins without Brady, Gronk, etc. Very, very sweet.

I did not consume a snap of NFL football this weekend.

It really didn't bother me much. Watched some soccer in the morning, did some yard work, took the dog for a walk.

I watched some of the 9/11 specials while the Pats were on. This would have been a lot tougher to stay away from on another day.

You missed some really great football games. Just sayin...

Goodell, late Sunday night.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vIu-O0dXwOw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

popcorn

That was aaaawsuuuum. :clap:

The comments below the article are 98% anti-Goodell.
I loved this 1.

<cite>rpahl13 says:</cite> <small>Sep 11, 2016 4:41 PM </small> Brady is innocent. I will prove it.
For the science, the following scientists/firms have demonstrated that no deflation occurred: John Leonard. Drew Fustin. HeadSmart Labs. Mide Technology. Dale Syphers. Michael Naughton. FLIR Systems.
Basically, a 20F drop = a 1psi drop. Rain causes an additional drop up to .7psi. The Pats’ footballs averaged 11.5psig at halftime, the lowest was 10.9psig. That’s within the expected effects of the ~50F raining weather.
No scientists have confirmed or even agreed with Wells’ conclusion. Wells’ report had instances of obvious bias. For proof, look at the images of the gauge needles – figure 3, page 15 of Exponent’s appendix. They’re measured from different points to make their difference in lengths seem smaller, so Wells’ could more easily dismiss ref Walt Anderson’s recollection that he used the logo gauge pre-game.
Wells/Exponent did an experiment to try to determine which gauge was used. See section VIIB for the explanation. The problem is, without precise temperature values for the pressure measurements, it’s literally 100% impossible to experimentally determine which gauge was used.
The Colts’ footballs did not appear to lose as much pressure because they were measured at the *end* of halftime. The Pats’ were measured at the start of halftime. This means the Colts’ had ~10 minutes to warm and dry while inside, and the Pats had little to no time. More time = more heat = more pressure. Newton’s law of cooling.
If you think the May 2014 text with ‘the deflator’ matters, consider the following;
Months later, during a cold November Pats@Packers game, McNally texted Jastremski “deflate and give somebody that jacket” when he saw him on TV on the sideline wearing a thick jacket and holding another. This definitively demonstrates a different meaning for the word.
In an October 2014 text, Jastremski mentions to his fiancee after a Pats v Jets game that the footballs were nearly 16psig, but they were “supposed to be 13” This demonstrates it was not their goal to go outside the legal limit.
Brady’s phone. As posted on Brady’s FB: “I replaced my broken Samsung phone with a new iPhone 6 AFTER my attorneys made it clear to the NFL that my actual phone device would not be subjected to investigation under ANY circumstances.”
This means his phone was not evidence. It was never going to be evidence. Therefore, destroying it was not tantamount to destroying evidence.
Besides, Wells went through McNally and Jastremski’s phones and found no evidence of a scheme. In order to believe Brady’s phone had other evidence, you’ve got to believe he texted it only to someone BESIDES the last 2 guys to handle footballs before a game. That is completely illogical.
If their texts are indicative of any kind of deflation, it’s because Jastremski pumps up footballs to rub them down with rags/brushes, then gives them to McNally to set them to the desired pressure before the pre-game inspection. Not tampering, just preparing footballs together legally.
There was no motive to tamper with the footballs. In 2006 Brady got other QBs to support him in petitioning the league to change a rule, allowing teams to alter the surface texture of footballs. This means if Brady wanted pressure outside the legal limit, he could have just gotten that rule changed. There was no need to sneak around. His 2015 stats were better than the previous FOUR seasons. The Patriots 2015 fumble rate was as remarkable as any other year. There’s no apparent statistical advantage.
There is no evidence the footballs were ever tampered with.
There is no evidence anyone wanted to tamper with them.
There is no motive to tamper with them.

when you read the negative comments, it just blows me away as to how blinded by ignorance and hate some people can be.

this one is pretty good too..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/attydewr1MQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

From Matt Chatham who is always a good read.

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.
That famous line from the hit NBC television series Friday Night Lights seems especially relevant these days in mixed-up, real-life football world. As NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell presses on with the slowest reading of Leadership for Dummies on record, the "protect the shield" slogan that I grew up on in this league has taken on spectacular new clarity.

There was a time when I bought into the "shield" idea, as most players I knew did. But then the league manufactured Deflategate, a self-induced, platitude-spoiling point of no return.

Nothing will ever be the same.
The Goodell Scouting Report

You have to study your opponent. Every football player knows as much, although they usually reserve this frame of mind for the field. But the rules of the industry change when a commissioner misuses power to smear a player to satisfy his own ego and stave off personal embarrassment.

That guy who hugged you on draft day is a phony. It's nothing personal, it's just something you have to know -- no different than studying an opposing offense that runs a lot of misdirection and play action.

They show one thing and do the opposite. Just like Roger.

Goodell's tendencies are easy to follow and as strong as you'll ever find from a football player on tape:

1. Proclaim an ethic that guides his actions
  2. Act in direct defiance of that ethic
  3. Defend his actions as rules-abiding (forget about that ethic)
  4. Reassert that ethic in hopes the listener is too dumb to notice
  5. Lather, rinse, repeat.
http://www.footballbyfootball.com/column/roger-goodell-found-his-cheater-in-the-mirror

Much more. Give him the click please

Back