Am I the only one here to boycott the NFL Draft?

HarpoonIPA

ハープーンIPA &#1249
Reaction score
First time in my life I haven't checked up on who the Patriots have chosen. The NFL is truly dying out of my life. It occurred to me a few mouths ago from a memory in 1982 where I bought 25 tickets for me and my pals back then to a Patriots game. That when 7 or 8 of us in power wheelchairs had soft rear tires, it was about 45 degrees that game. We thought someone tossed tacks on the ground they so low. But getting back into the bus, and heading back to Canton something very strange occurred our tires started to expand in the warmth of the bus, we learned on that day about idea gas law.

Yeah I hate the NFL now, should never have come this far.

No, you're not alone.

I checked who they picked but was careful to avoid NFL and ESPN websites. I'm seriously tempted to cancel my Game Pass subscription for this year (which allows people outside North America to watch games online). That's $200 they won't get from me, for starters.

I'm struck by the contrast between the greedy NFL and the team for whom I do stats. No one gets paid in the club and they're mostly guys in their 20s and older, learning the game from scratch. Our QB is an ex-pat from Ohio and they love what they do. No other motivation.

Me neither :shrug_n:

~Dee~

Used to watch nearly every single minute.

This year. Not a damn second.

Well, I was in the Quik-E-Mart and noticed the TV on the wall had Schefter spewing about something. I turned away and focused on the front of the line.

I eat, sleep, and drink football, but I'll admit, my first draft free weekend went pretty well. I guess I'll see how I feel next year at this time, but I know that if I remain disgusted at the corruption in the NFL that the transition will only get easier from here on out.

Oh, and I have no interest in reading up on who they took when and what that means for the product on the field either.

I paid very little attention. mostly got updates from here. I was never a big draftnik anyway and only cared about who the Pats took (and when the Jets would bungle a pick)

I usually just watch when the pats pick. I didn't watch any of it this year.

I instead watched The Four Ring Circus.

I followed it on Patriots.com and Twitter. Tries to stay away from NFL.com ESPN, Fox etc. It's hard when ESPN have good guys like Mike Reiss though.

I haven't watched since the change to the Thurs - Sat format. The draft has always been boring, but when it was Sat - Sun you could get a big group of friends together to grill out and drink. It was way more about the time with friends than even paying any mind to the draft.

Who wants to get together and watch a four hour first round on a Thursday that ends at midnight?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Kept an eye on it on here (and thanks guys for the info), watched the clip of Kevin Faulk, other than that have not darkened the doorstep of NFL/ESPN sites. And like Mr Cat I'll not be giving the NFL any of my cash this year for GamePass.

Only followed summaries from CBS, twitter and here.

Didn't watch a second myself.

Had an app notify me with alerts of Pats picks, then checked here and non-NFL or BSPN websites for more in depth.

I thought I was a loner.

Seems many followed the same course.

Krafty could be in trouble when BB & TB leave. My interest in this filthy, disgusting venture is on life support, and these 2 marquee individuals are really what's keeping me linked. I feel I owe it for the enjoyment and entertainment and pure GOAT production. But once they're gone....

My days are already tied to kids athletics and entertainment. In the past it would be a quick ride back to watch the game. Think I'll try and teach them other things this year.

Didn't watch any and I would like to thank Big/Sky/Fly for starting a thread for each draft pick.

Sent from my Enigma Device

Did not watch a second. Got all my draft info from here and twitter. Thanks sky and others for providing that.

Didn't watch a second myself.

Had an app notify me with alerts of Pats picks, then checked here and non-NFL or BSPN websites for more in depth.

I thought I was a loner.

Seems many followed the same course.

Krafty could be in trouble when BB & TB leave. My interest in this filthy, disgusting venture is on life support, and these 2 marquee individuals are really what's keeping me linked. I feel I owe it for the enjoyment and entertainment and pure GOAT production. But once they're gone....

My days are already tied to kids athletics and entertainment. In the past it would be a quick ride back to watch the game. Think I'll try and teach them other things this year.

I hear this quite a bit lately. Its sad to me to know that the NFL has destroyed the fun in what it once was. Its sad to see the NFL has taken hardcore football fans like yourself and others and made them lose what they once felt. Can you imagine crap like air in a football going on in the 70's? What a joke this has become and the more and more I read other fans post it makes me sick how flat out ignorant people are. The NFL has become a vindictive play ground teasing fest with fans, who no longer care about good football, its just about, how can we trash a successful team so that I can sleep at night knowing my team is not good enough.

I have watched football since 1982, and its coming close to the end for me. As you said, once those two goats are gone, my interest might be hurt in total. So I guess congrats to the NFL for making a once great product into a Monday morning soap opera, where a commish says that a guy getting filmed smoking pot is exciting for the sport and that a Goat QB that gave everything to your sport is the villain.

Didn't watch any and I would like to thank Big/Sky/Fly for starting a thread for each draft pick.

Sent from my Enigma Device

I second. Plus chevss, TommyD, Hawg and mikie.

I admit, I was checking the NFL website toward the end as I had interest in Tyler Matakevitch. Was hoping BB would have taken a flyer on him in the 7th. Farking Stillers nabbed him. Ugh.

Back