AMC's Preacher

Watching episode 2 tonight, looking forward to it with all the good things I've heard so far.

I was impressed with the 2nd episode as well and am really looking forward to Sunday night for the next one.

I love the friendship between Jessie and Cassidy. The casual way that Cassidy informed him that he was actually a 119-year old vampire from Dublin City and how Custer just laughed it off and then took another pull from his bottle.

So, you basically have a wayward Preacher discovering his faith at the same time he meets a hilarious and charming Irish drinking buddy who is actually a vicious monster. That should be interesting to watch play out. Will they be allies against a greater evil or square off? I think probably both.

I will admit to some confusion as to the mysterious vampire hunters who were torn apart by Cassidy in the church and then appeared intact later on. Was that a flashback or are they supernatural beings? (turns out they are "Adelphi angels"-- whatever that is).

Tulip is fantastic. She doesn't take no for an answer and eats up the screen. I wonder what the job she has for Jessie is because he is going to cave. I would.

I can't wait to find out what arse-face Eugene Root did to make everybody repulsed by him besides shotgun his own face. It has to be something really heinous. I love the conflicted look on Custer's face when he has to hug some of these people-- like his stomach is turning.

There isn't a single run-of-the-mill character in this show.

I'd also like to mention that the starkly beautiful, remote West Texas setting seems to be the perfect place for all these weird elements and people to come together. It looks fantastic.

I find that Preacher reminds me of a Tarentino flick in some ways, but I've never seen anything exactly like it.

For those that enjoy this sort of thing I recommend they check out Robert Kirkman's (Walking Dead) new show Outcast on Cinemax. Episode 2 is on tonight (Friday) and I just caught the first one last night. It looks quite promising.

I was impressed with the 2nd episode as well and am really looking forward to Sunday night for the next one.

I love the friendship between Jessie and Cassidy. The casual way that Cassidy informed him that he was actually a 119-year old vampire from Dublin City and how Custer just laughed it off and then took another pull from his bottle.

So, you basically have a wayward Preacher discovering his faith at the same time he meets a hilarious and charming Irish drinking buddy who is actually a vicious monster. That should be interesting to watch play out. Will they be allies against a greater evil or square off? I think probably both.

I will admit to some confusion as to the mysterious vampire hunters who were torn apart by Cassidy in the church and then appeared intact later on. Was that a flashback or are they supernatural beings? (turns out they are "Adelphi angels"-- whatever that is).

Tulip is fantastic. She doesn't take no for an answer and eats up the screen. I wonder what the job she has for Jessie is because he is going to cave. I would.

I can't wait to find out what arse-face Eugene Root did to make everybody repulsed by him besides shotgun his own face. It has to be something really heinous. I love the conflicted look on Custer's face when he has to hug some of these people-- like his stomach is turning.

There isn't a single run-of-the-mill character in this show.

I'd also like to mention that the starkly beautiful, remote West Texas setting seems to be the perfect place for all these weird elements and people to come together. It looks fantastic.

I find that Preacher reminds me of a Tarentino flick in some ways, but I've never seen anything exactly like it.

For those that enjoy this sort of thing I recommend they check out Robert Kirkman's (Walking Dead) new show Outcast on Cinemax. Episode 2 is on tonight (Friday) and I just caught the first one last night. It looks quite promising.

Haha, we are going to need a TV/Movie subforum at the rate we are all discussing TV shows. Outcast is terrifically creepy and the premiere was great. I'm looking forward to more of that as well.

I'm really excited for everyone that has no idea what Preacher is all about and get to discover all of these weird-ass things that will be popping up as the story goes along. It's going to be pretty tough for me to keep my mouth shut, but you all are in for a treat.

It's kind of funny in that all of my comic book collecting friends hate the TV version of Tulip because she is so different from the books (I get it, but disagree with them). So far, all of my non-comic collecting friends that watch the show love her. I'm with the camp that loves her despite it changing the tone of the story a bit. Negga seems like a fantastic actor and I can't wait to see what they do with her.

Ugghhhh...I saw the previews and it looks really good. Unfortunately our satellite bill is already ridiculously high and I don't think I'll be adding Cinemax for another show. We get HBO for as long as GOT is on and then cancel it every year.

I finally watched based on the comments in this thread. It is very good and fresh. I know nothing of the comics. Will keep watching.

Episode 2 kicked ass once again. If it's this good two episodes in then we are in for a treat if they don't completely screw the pooch writing/directing it.

Looks like Saint of Killers is going to be a player (yay!). That was the dude in the '1881' western segment.

On a sidenote, I had no idea that I was pronouncing 'arse' wrong my whole life (assuming Cassidy's pronunciation of 'Airceface' (best phonetics I could come up with) is correct).

That's only if you're Oirish, tbf...

Ugghhhh...I saw the previews and it looks really good. Unfortunately our satellite bill is already ridiculously high and I don't think I'll be adding Cinemax for another show. We get HBO for as long as GOT is on and then cancel it every year.

There are other ways my friend .......

Sorta bummed they didn't get to another Saint of Killers update, but they laid a lot of other groundwork in E03. Odin Quincannon (the bald Meat and Power guy who was getting off on the cattle slaughter) sure is a creepy m'fer. I'm guessing that once all of the story lines are established, the oh-sh!t factor will really ramp up in this series. As it is, we've just gotten a taste of what is to come.

Sorta bummed they didn't get to another Saint of Killers update, but they laid a lot of other groundwork in E03. Odin Quincannon (the bald Meat and Power guy who was getting off on the cattle slaughter) sure is a creepy m'fer. I'm guessing that once all of the story lines are established, the oh-sh!t factor will really ramp up in this series. As it is, we've just gotten a taste of what is to come.

Haven't seen E3 yet, we watch that on Friday nights (been backing it up with Brooklyn 99 episodes, finally finished the season on that one this past week...:(

You'd mentioned the SOK before and I got curious enough to look him up.

Hmmmm. Interesting concept. It wouldn't seem like Jesse would stand much of a chance against him, but apparently the Genesis thingy inside him is pretty badass.

Three episodes in and I'm loving this show. I recorded Preacher and Game of Thrones Sunday night and I decided GOT could wait.

Meat and Power. Hilarious little touches abound in this thing. Like the right-hand man with no right hand.

On the negative side, I found it implausible that Donny tracked Preacher to the gas station and waltzed past Tulip to get the drop on him like that, but I can't quibble over minor shit in a show this good. He wasn't the dude that honked at Tulip was he? I figure they would have recognized him. I gotta watch it again to fill in the question marks.

I sure hope that Eugene wasn't the one responsible for the coma girl with the caved-in skull, but that would explain a few things. Eugene means well but I'm guessing he is a bit of a fvck-up.

Haven't seen E3 yet, we watch that on Friday nights (been backing it up with Brooklyn 99 episodes, finally finished the season on that one this past week...:(

I'm still shocked that that show ended up being as good as it is. With Archer's current season being a bit of a letdown, Brooklyn is prob my fav comedy right now.

I'm still shocked that that show ended up being as good as it is. With Archer's current season being a bit of a letdown, Brooklyn is prob my fav comedy right now.

for me, the key to the whole thing working as well as it does is Andre Braugher. That dude is an amazing actor, had no idea he could do comedy as well as he does. On top of that, Andy Samberg is a comedic genius. Have never seen him do anything that wasn't laugh out loud funny. Would love to see him and Justin Timberlake do a movie together, the stuff they did on SNL was great.

Just got caught up. Love it. It's weird and different and the sound tracks are spot on.

I love this show. So far, every episode has had at least one "holy $hit" moment. The preacher exploding at the start of episode 1. The church fight scene in episode 2. Quincannon shooting everyone with a shotgun right after it appeared that he had turned over a new leaf in episode 3.

I love this show. So far, every episode has had at least one "holy $hit" moment. The preacher exploding at the start of episode 1. The church fight scene in episode 2. Quincannon shooting everyone with a shotgun right after it appeared that he had turned over a new leaf in episode 3.

Okay, so the shotgun scene with Quincannon was actually episode 5. I kinda forgot about a couple episodes there.

Anyone still watching?

We fell 2 weeks behind due to other life things going on and decided to let the season finish and watch the rest all together. We stopped watching around episode 4 or 5. Curious how things have gone over the past few weeks.

Anyone still watching?

We fell 2 weeks behind due to other life things going on and decided to let the season finish and watch the rest all together. We stopped watching around episode 4 or 5. Curious how things have gone over the past few weeks.

We finished up the season. It got kind of slow in the middle of the season but the second to last episode started to pick up again and then the finale....Holy $hit!! I really like this series but I feel like it's a bit like Hell on Wheels. A great show that just isn't getting enough viewership to continue long enough to let the story play out.

I loved it.

I agree that things got a bit slow after mid-season, but the last two were just bombshells.

I've never seen anything quite like it and it is not for everyone, but this show is a trip that is loaded with unique characters and inventive plot lines. It's both violent and comic.

I definitely hope it continues, but it might be a little too hardcore crazy for most folks.

Cassidy was my favorite character. You don't run across many Irish vampires with razor-sharp dry wit in the heart of rural Texas.

Watched every episode and enjoyed every episode. Not the usual tv fare. Wish it'd continue during the Prez campaigns, so I could have something that is more believable than that BS

Back