And the League MVP is......

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
http://www.si.com/nfl/2017/02/04/matt-ryan-atlanta-falcons-nfl-mvp-award?xid=socialflow_facebook_si

Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan is this season’s NFL MVP.

The league announced Ryan as the winner of the AP Most Valuable Player award on Saturday night, on the eve of his Super Bowl debut against the Patriots. He was also named AP Offensive Player of the Year.

Ryan engineered the league’s highest-scoring offense and led Atlanta all the way through the NFC playoffs, although ballots were in on January 4. He threw for 4,944 yards and 38 touchdowns to just seven interceptions, completing 69.9% of passes. The Falcons went 11–5 and won the NFC South.

Worth noting entering Sunday’s game: the league MVP hasn’t played for a Super Bowl champion since 1999, when Kurt Warner led the Rams to a title. Pats quarterback Tom Brady was the runner-up for the award, but played just 12 games due to his suspension from the NFL over the Deflategate controversy.

Ryan has been just as good this post-season, throwing for seven touchdowns and no interceptions across two games while leading the Falcons to big wins over the Seahawks and Packers.

Other award winners are below.

Defensive Player of the Year: Khalil Mack, Raiders

Coach of the Year: Jason Garrett, Cowboys

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Dak Prescott, Cowboys

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Joey Bosa, Chargers

Comeback Player of the Year: Jordy Nelson, Packers

I am so tired of BB and TB being passed over because they are always good.

The only "MVP" award that interest me is SuperBowl MVP

Ryan is a good guy but I honestly feel slighted that TB didn't get it.

Let's hope TB feels slighted tonight. :toast:

Understandable that Ryan got the award though. He had a fantastic year and that coupled with TB's 4 game suspension put Matt Ryan ahead in the minds of many voters. Brady did come in 2nd and Oakland QB Derek Carr came in 3rd. Brady got more votes than I thought he would (10).

How did Dak win rookie of the year when Zeke got six MVP votes and Dak got none? What a horrible snub IMO. Should have been Zeke.

The only way Bill or Brady get another league MVP award is if they go 16-0. They have set the bar that high with their excellence every single season.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2017/02/04/matt-ryan-atlanta-falcons-nfl-mvp-award?xid=socialflow_facebook_si

Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan is this season’s NFL MVP.

The league announced Ryan as the winner of the AP Most Valuable Player award on Saturday night, on the eve of his Super Bowl debut against the Patriots. He was also named AP Offensive Player of the Year.

Ryan engineered the league’s highest-scoring offense and led Atlanta all the way through the NFC playoffs, although ballots were in on January 4. He threw for 4,944 yards and 38 touchdowns to just seven interceptions, completing 69.9% of passes. The Falcons went 11–5 and won the NFC South.

Worth noting entering Sunday’s game: the league MVP hasn’t played for a Super Bowl champion since 1999, when Kurt Warner led the Rams to a title. Pats quarterback Tom Brady was the runner-up for the award, but played just 12 games due to his suspension from the NFL over the Deflategate controversy.

Ryan has been just as good this post-season, throwing for seven touchdowns and no interceptions across two games while leading the Falcons to big wins over the Seahawks and Packers.

Other award winners are below.

Defensive Player of the Year: Khalil Mack, Raiders

Coach of the Year: Jason Garrett, Cowboys

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Dak Prescott, Cowboys

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Joey Bosa, Chargers

Comeback Player of the Year: Jordy Nelson, Packers

I am so tired of BB and TB being passed over because they are always good.

Tired that BB and TB are passed over because they are always good?

Dude, your team is in the Super Bowl. One will likely be the SB MVP and the other will have Gatorade dumped on him. Who cares about the regular season and therefore who cares about the regular season awards. Enjoy what you have, cause 30 teams and fan bases want what you have!

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2417469&postcount=2

C33cKhZWQAEFimM.jpg

Dude, your team is in the Super Bowl. One will likely be the SB MVP and the other will have Gatorade dumped on him. Who cares about the regular season and therefore who cares about the regular season awards. Enjoy what you have, cause 30 teams and fan bases want what you have!

this^^^

I couldn't care less if I made an effort to.

Last time a regular season NFL MVP won a Super Bowl was 1999-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_Most_Valuable_Player_Award

Last couple to make it that made it that far got their asses handed to them. Let's hope that history repeats itself.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

beat me to it.

Just my take: You wanna come here, talk football tell us your thoughts, ok. Come here to tell us what to think how to think why to think? Criticize what you think we think? GFY

Just my take: You wanna come here, talk football tell us your thoughts, ok. Come here to tell us what to think how to think why to think? Criticize what you think we think? GFY

Easy there fella. Enjoy the day. I mean no harm. Just my take. :toast:

Let's hope TB feels slighted tonight. :toast:

Understandable that Ryan got the award though. He had a fantastic year and that coupled with TB's 4 game suspension put Matt Ryan ahead in the minds of many voters. Brady did come in 2nd and Oakland QB Derek Carr came in 3rd. Brady got more votes than I thought he would (10).

Wait...what about Rodgers the QB on another level?

this^^^

I couldn't care less if I made an effort to.

Last time a regular season NFL MVP won a Super Bowl was 1999-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_Most_Valuable_Player_Award

Last couple to make it that made it that far got their asses handed to them. Let's hope that history repeats itself.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

beat me to it.

Easy there fella. Enjoy the day. I mean no harm. Just my take. :toast:

I agree that it is a first world problem. Of course everyone would trade what the Patriots have given us over the last 17 years. That said, it still sucks that Brady and Belichick aren't getting their individual due. I think BB has been screwed over many times. This will bother us all when they are gone and the snubs are used against them.

WRT the reactions of OZO and Yack, just say you don't care and move on or have another beer and chill.

Brady and Belichick are in good company. Ted Williams should have won more MVPs but 'the knights of the keyboard' despised him.

Back