Andrew Luck had an ?uneven? training camp

Showing zero improvement? He's the exact same QB he was when he was drafted. The. Same. :coffee:

That's 100% coaching. It's not like Luck is some kind of diva who is unwilling to put in the work. We're currently putting on a clinic on how to waste a talented promising QB.

That's 100% coaching. It's not like Luck is some kind of diva who is unwilling to put in the work. We're currently putting on a clinic on how to waste a talented promising QB.
It's reminiscent of how the talented, promising QB Jeff George was wasted in Indy.

Ok, maybe it's not reminiscent of that. But it's always nice to recall past Colts #1 overall QB draft picks - they seem to have a lot of them.

Well they worked hard to earn the right to pass the torch onto poor Andrew.

Cheers

Is it really? I mean all we heard for years and years was how ManninHGH was the entire Colts team and he won with a dog pile of HCs and now with Luck it is 100 percent the coaching? I mean, seriously? I do not think Pags is any great shakes but how long now have they been telling Andrew to get rid of the ball and trust his reads and he, himself is saying he is still holding the ball too long. I mean they brought in his college coach to be his OC and even that didn't work.

Is it really? I mean all we heard for years and years was how ManninHGH was the entire Colts team and he won with a dog pile of HCs and now with Luck it is 100 percent the coaching? I mean, seriously? I do not think Pags is any great shakes but how long now have they been telling Andrew to get rid of the ball and trust his reads and he, himself is saying he is still holding the ball too long. I mean they brought in his college coach to be his OC and even that didn't work.

Funny you mention Manning, Luck is actually statistically ahead of where Manning was at this stage of his career. Luck has also had more post season success with a significantly worse supporting cast both on offense and defense than Manning.

As bad as the defenses Manning carried around were, none of them were as bad as this shitshow Luck has to deal with. Manning also had HOF quality running backs (Faulk and then Edge afterwards) plus a REALLY good offensive line. Luck has none of that.

Funny you mention Manning, Luck is actually statistically ahead of where Manning was at this stage of his career. Luck has also had more post season success with a significantly worse supporting cast both on offense and defense than Manning.

As bad as the defenses Manning carried around were, none of them were as bad as this shitshow Luck has to deal with. Manning also had HOF quality running backs (Faulk and then Edge afterwards) plus a REALLY good offensive line. Luck has none of that.
It's not a surprise to me that Luck is ahead of Manning.

Early in his career Manning was an INT machine, and his post-season failures make the phrase one-and-done synonymous with his name. Even with HOF RB and WRs, he still spit the bit far too often.

Not trying to rag on you here, but a favorable comparison of Luck to Manning just isn't all that impressive.

It's not a surprise to me that Luck is ahead of Manning.

Early in his career Manning was an INT machine, and his post-season failures make the phrase one-and-done synonymous with his name. Even with HOF RB and WRs, he still spit the bit far too often.

Not trying to rag on you here, but a favorable comparison of Luck to Manning just isn't all that impressive.

Only on a Patriot forum would drawing a favorable comparison to Peyton Manning be considered a bad thing...

The NFL was a completely different league in 1998 with no passing or QB rules vs Luck coming out in 2012. I don't think volume stats really holds in any water. The thing with ManninHGH is he was getting better every season. Luck looks like the same exact QB with the same issues he has had since his rookie year. ManninHGH was league MVP in his fifth season and then again in his sixth season. Luck is still working on the basics and still has not gotten them down yet. As Tommy said, his fourth quarter vs the Texans was atrocious.

Lack of coaching is certainly a factor, but I'm not sure I'd put that number at 100%.

Only on a Patriot forum would drawing a favorable comparison to Peyton Manning be considered a bad thing...
Both Manning and Luck are looked upon favorably over at the Goobers R Us forum.

Back