Another thread: Belichick's cheats

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
It has been discussed in great detail in the past. I am sure you don't want to do it all over again. If so, start another thread. This thread is to tip my hat to him for the presser.

Let's see where were we?

Oh yes. Another thread.

So racehorse, tell us Bill's cheating hi-lites (and sorry we corrupted your other thread).

Cheers, BostonTim

We can get the obvious one out of the way.

The NFL found that the Patriots recorded their opponent's defensive signals from an improper location within the stadium. BB has never denied the recording. He felt that the rule only applied to actions which could be used in the current game. He also was not aware that it was restricted only to areas where game film was being recorded. He has never disputed the action, only the interpretation of the rule.

Be that as it may, Goodell did not agree and the penalty was levied and accepted.

So what else is there?

My boss (Jet fan) felt like the formations BB used in the Ratbird game were borderline illegal. He said it went against the spirit of the rule.

My response? So wildcat formations, flea flickers and play action should all be considered "borderline" illegal.

Face it. BB and TFB will always be considered cheaters by the haters. I'm getting used to it.

My boss (Jet fan) felt like the formations BB used in the Ratbird game were borderline illegal. He said it went against the spirit of the rule.

My response? So wildcat formations, flea flickers and play action should all be considered "borderline" illegal.

Face it. BB and TFB will always be considered cheaters by the haters. I'm getting used to it.

I'm assuming that's one of them, even though the formations have been used in all levels of football including by the Eagles. But, that's not cheating in any way, shape or form. Harbaugh could have used a timeout to discuss it, but chose to berate the ref and get a misconduct penalty and get his team rattled.

Now contrast that to the way BB handled the wildcat back in '08 when Miami used it for the first time. He tried to solve it. He didn't succeed, but he took the hit for not being able to deal with it. The next time they played Miami, the wildcat was useless and actually hurt Miami because they kept trying it.

Bad coaching (Harbaugh) does not equal cheating.

I rather doubt Mr Racehorse has anything to contribute to the thread.

How about the time BB ordered the snow plow to clear a spot for the kick? Or when BB tampered with himself on behalf of the Patriots when he was HC of the NYJ?

how about the time bb ordered the snow plow to clear a spot for the kick? Or when bb tampered with himself on behalf of the patriots when he was hc of the nyj?

:lol:

I'd LOVE to get to the bottom of the mantra that's tossed about of the Pats "getting away with things for years."

Like what?

I'd LOVE to get to the bottom of the mantra that's tossed about of the Pats "getting away with things for years."

Like what?

So, if I join, you will say that all I wanted in the first place was to start this fight. If I refuse, you will either call me a coward or say I got nothing. How could I lose?

I guess you all have been itching for a fight since the AFCCG, but I am not sure if I am willing to be the sacrificial lamb for the fight. All that will happen is I will end up in AA and those who already dislike me will pile on. No way I can be that sacrificial lamb. I actually thought about doing it so you could have your fun, but I am not here for a fight.

So, if I join, you will say that all I wanted in the first place was to start this fight. If I refuse, you will either call me a coward or say I got nothing. How could I lose?

I guess you all have been itching for a fight since the AFCCG, but I am not sure if I am willing to be the sacrificial lamb for the fight. All that will happen is I will end up in AA and those who already dislike me will pile on. No way I can be that sacrificial lamb. I actually thought about doing it so you could have your fun, but I am not here for a fight.

I hate cowards. Man up to your inference.

I'm just looking for you to back up your inference about BB cheating. Jeesus I already said that once didn't I?
See, it just proves that facts are an elusive thing, but trash talking is easy. Just lay out some examples? Surely there's a huge list.

Remember when BB used the beam from the lighthouse and all the diamonds from his SB rings to create a HAARP device and alter the weather? That was awesome!

I hate cowards. Man up to your inference.

Laughable.

But maybe we should let him off the hook. We knew he had nothing and so we didn't expect anything (other than another silly excuse) and so he doesn't have to try to answer. We're all set here. Sorta like Wells and the league didn't really need Tom's phone cause they had all they needed to know.

Cheers, BostonTim

I forgot my pitchfork, but I doubt anything useful will come out of this.

He made an inference that 90% of opposing fans would probably make based on what the media has told them about the Patriots. I doubt he cares enough to learn about every one in detail.

No one is going to change anyone's mind here.

If the inference never slipped and this argument didn't start, it seems to me he could be a productive member of the board.

If all of you must continue with this thread, please try to keep it civil and leave the personal insults out of it.

Sent from my Enigma Device.

Back