Anquan Boldin has a hissy fit.

RhodyPatsFan

there's no end to my limitations
Reaction score
Already have fodder for the next two weeks...

Anquan Boldin even less valuable than previously thought
By MJD
Not content to just have a screaming match with the offensive coordinator on the sidelines (which landed him on our list of five least valuable people of Championship Sunday), Anquan Boldin carried his hissy-fit to the Arizona Cardinals postgame celebration, too.

While most of the other Cardinals were still on the field being showered in confetti and picking up their NFC Championship trophy, Boldin had already bolted out of the locker room. The behavior prompted CBS's Mike Freeman to call him a naughty word.

He tried to ruin the Super Bowl celebration with his childishness.

In the game, Boldin got into a heated argument with offensive coordinator Todd Haley. After the game, instead of celebrating with his team, Boldin abruptly left the field, then abruptly left the locker room.

It was awful behavior.

[...] I have to say in nearly 20 years of doing this, I've never seen a player more concerned about his arguing with a coach over making a Super Bowl.

I just wonder if Boldin isn't costing himself some money here, too. He doesn't want to be a Cardinal anymore. I think he's made that pretty clear. But who's going to want to give a guy a huge contract when he's fighting with a coach when he should probably be happy about going to a Super Bowl?

Presumably, he's worried about his touches. Meanwhile, the team is going to the Super Bowl. Obviously, Boldin's placing a lot more importance on the former than the latter. Teams are on a character kick these days. It doesn't pay to be a selfish malcontent.

It's disappointing to see from Boldin. He showed such unbelievable selflessness and courage by coming back from a catastrophic injury earlier in the season. Maybe there's more to the story than I know, but looking at at it from the outside, I wouldn't have expected this from Boldin.

Talk about selfish BS..in light on an historic win for a franchise that hsa languished in sucktown.

I agree..Boldin was throwing miny hissy fits to start the year and this calls for some pretty severe action from Wisenhut.

But anyhow WHATT a freaking amazing game!! A grown older man next to me was in tears when it was over..long time season ticket holder who had booked his Tampa flight two years ago.

I hope NO one give the Cards a chance..again. :)

It was pretty obvious to me what set Boldin off. He is a great player but extremely selfish. The Cards' left tackle is Mike Gandy. He was getting eaten alive by the pass rush the entire second half of that game making it impossible for the Cards to run their offense. The Cards had to give him help. They went to a three TE/1 RB/1 WR set for the winning drive to get Gandy some help. The one WR in the set on that drive was Larry Fitzgerald. The set they used put Boldin on the bench. Boldin wanted to be in the game for the game winning drive and was not.

The coach did the right thing as proven in the final result. They would have lost if they had continued to try to spread the field. Their pass protection just couldn't handle it at that point. Boldin would rather he was on the field and the team lose than be on the bench for the game winning drive. I wouldn't want him on the Pats under any circumstances. He wouldn't last three games here.

Sounds like the perfect addition toAl Davis's stable of amazing athletes who care more about themselves than they do the team. JaMarcus and he can have a lovely career together.

From what I have read even Warner has it out with the coach :shrug:

It was pretty obvious to me what set Boldin off. He is a great player but extremely selfish. The Cards' left tackle is Mike Gandy. He was getting eaten alive by the pass rush the entire second half of that game making it impossible for the Cards to run their offense. The Cards had to give him help. They went to a three TE/1 RB/1 WR set for the winning drive to get Gandy some help. The one WR in the set on that drive was Larry Fitzgerald. The set they used put Boldin on the bench. Boldin wanted to be in the game for the game winning drive and was not.

The coach did the right thing as proven in the final result. They would have lost if they had continued to try to spread the field. Their pass protection just couldn't handle it at that point. Boldin would rather he was on the field and the team lose than be on the bench for the game winning drive. I wouldn't want him on the Pats under any circumstances. He wouldn't last three games here.

:thumb: ANOTHER spot on AWTE post.

From what I have read even Warner has it out with the coach :shrug:

It's one thing to have it out with a coach. It's another to accost him while he's trying to call plays during the most important drive of the season. He was in his face screaming while the OC was managing the winning drive. He must have been using choice language too because all I could make out was the coach screaming "don't call me that" over and over. He wanted to be on the field. Even worse, he disrupted the effort the team was making to win by going after the coach. That was more important to him than all the work and effort that went into earning the opportunity to win that game. Can you imagine Hines Ward screaming in the Steelers' OC's face during a potential game winning (or losing drive)? Can you imagine Ward leaving the premsis in a snit because being on the field was more important to him than the team winning the AFC Championship? Would you shrug that off? Are you serious?

It's one thing to have it out with a coach. It's another to accost him while he's trying to call plays during the most important drive of the season. He was in his face screaming while the OC was managing the winning drive. He must have been using choice language too because all I could make out was the coach screaming "don't call me that" over and over. He wanted to be on the field. Even worse, he disrupted the effort the team was making to win by going after the coach. That was more important to him than all the work and effort that went into earning the opportunity to win that game. Can you imagine Hines Ward screaming in the Steelers' OC's face during a potential game winning (or losing drive)? Can you imagine Ward leaving the premsis in a snit because being on the field was more important to him than the team winning the AFC Championship? Would you shrug that off? Are you serious?

Oh I agree that is isnt the right thing to do or way to "act". I was just saying it happened to other players as well on the team with the coach ;)

Pretty lame he didnt celebrate with his teammates & fans

<,
He is a great player but extremely selfish.
>>

I think you're all jumping to conclusions. Boldin has no other history of this type of meltdown that I've heard of. He does want out of AZ but this is not the way he normally acts. If there was a pattern of this behavior I would agree, but he's come back from an injury and played hard this year without complaining.

This seems so different from the type of player I've heard Boldin described as. Why would he want out of Arizona now that they're finally good?

<,
>>

I think you're all jumping to conclusions. Boldin has no other history of this type of meltdown that I've heard of. He does want out of AZ but this is not the way he normally acts. If there was a pattern of this behavior I would agree, but he's come back from an injury and played hard this year without complaining.

All that is true BUT with a SUPER BOWL trip on the line in a tight game you don't do that. Listen, he is human and he worked his ass off and has massive cajones to come back and play like he did after getting his face smashed to bits but this was REALLY childish and selfish given the circumstances.

<,
>>

I don't think it's much of a jump, not even really a hop. Honestly it's barely a step. Sort of a shuffle really.

This seems so different from the type of player I've heard Boldin described as. Why would he want out of Arizona now that they're finally good?

He wants to be a number 1 target and with Fitz there it wont happen.

<,
>>

I understand what your saying but history or not, he actively disrupted the most important offensive drive the Cardinals were trying to execute since Harry Truman was president because he wanted to be on the field; even though that would have greatly diminished the team's chance at victory. He may be a great guy but he threw a hissy fit on the sideline out of selfishness and then left the team during the post game ceremonies because it was all about him. Maybe he just had an immature mealtdown but he picked the worst time possible to have it. Thanks but no thanks.

<<
Why would he want out of Arizona now that they're finally good?
>>

He wanted his contract renegotiated a year early because Fitzgerald's ran out and he got a huge contract during last offseason. Cards said no you have to wait. To his credit he shutup and had a great year up till this incident.

<<
BUT with a SUPER BOWL trip on the line in a tight game you don't do that
>>

Of course not. It was a very childish and turdish thing to do. That I'm not defending, just pointing out that it was unusual behavior for him.

<<
Why would he want out of Arizona now that they're finally good?
>>

He wanted his contract renegotiated a year early because Fitzgerald's ran out and he got a huge contract during last offseason. Cards said no you have to wait. To his credit he shutup and had a great year up till this incident.

<<
BUT with a SUPER BOWL trip on the line in a tight game you don't do that
>>

Of course not. It was a very childish and turdish thing to do. That I'm not defending, just pointing out that it was unusual behavior for him.

Totally agree with you. Other than his contract holdout which is a business move he has never done that before and has in fact been a good team player. (although I do have some minor issues with the whole contract holdout tactic)

Back