Anthony Johnson cut

Is he this year's Ray Ventrone?

Maybe Joe Vellano?

I'd seriously love to know what is going on behind the scenes with this guy. He just got cut, then resigned, then started a game, which would tend to indicate he's doing well then gets cut again. I haven't studied hi, but it appears like he has plenty of talent and is hustling, so maybe he's got an agreement to be the 2016 ping-pong ball and to be patient while he gets a few reps here and there and eventually sticks through attrition.

I can guarantee that we've had worse DLs taking up space at the bottom of the rotation. See: Bequette, Jake who got three years on the roster without really doing anything of note except to get drafted in the 3rd round. Bequette might actually be the least-useful player we've had in recent years when you consider he never played STs and barely got any snaps.

Then again, maybe Johnson is not Patriot material and is doing the same thing wrong over and over and not improving. When I rewatch the Steelers game I'll try and look for clues. Getting your ass kicked by David DeCastro is nothing to be ashamed of-- he does it to almost everybody he plays against.

Maybe a trade in the works?

Joe Thomas and Joe Staley have been rumored to be available.

The guy shined bright all preseason.

I don't understand it.

But if it's for stud T help I'll gladly accept it.

Maybe a trade in the works?

Joe Thomas and Joe Staley have been rumored to be available.

Hue Jackson today stated as follow: WE. ARE. NOT. TRADING. JOE. THOMAS.

So I'm guessing not him. ROFL

Maybe Dion Lewis will be activated off PUP? Hopefully, Rex won't sign Johnson off waivers, and we'll get him back on the PS.

Hue Jackson today stated as follow: WE. ARE. NOT. TRADING. JOE. THOMAS.

So I'm guessing not him. ROFL

Maybe Dion Lewis will be activated off PUP? Hopefully, Rex won't sign Johnson off waivers, and we'll get him back on the PS.

The Pats won't just activate Lewis off PUP. He hasn't practiced in over a year. Once he starts practicing, they have a roster exemption for up to 3 weeks before activating him.

The Pats won't just activate Lewis off PUP. He hasn't practiced in over a year. Once he starts practicing, they have a roster exemption for up to 3 weeks before activating him.

Thanks. I'm never sure how that stuff works.

Maybe Joe Vellano?

I'd seriously love to know what is going on behind the scenes with this guy. He just got cut, then resigned, then started a game, which would tend to indicate he's doing well then gets cut again. I haven't studied hi, but it appears like he has plenty of talent and is hustling, so maybe he's got an agreement to be the 2016 ping-pong ball and to be patient while he gets a few reps here and there and eventually sticks through attrition.

I can guarantee that we've had worse DLs taking up space at the bottom of the rotation. See: Bequette, Jake who got three years on the roster without really doing anything of note except to get drafted in the 3rd round. Bequette might actually be the least-useful player we've had in recent years when you consider he never played STs and barely got any snaps.

Then again, maybe Johnson is not Patriot material and is doing the same thing wrong over and over and not improving. When I rewatch the Steelers game I'll try and look for clues. Getting your ass kicked by David DeCastro is nothing to be ashamed of-- he does it to almost everybody he plays against.

Vinnie Sunseri was released from the PS to create a spot so I think Johnson will be back on the PS to take his spot if Johnson clears waivers.

Back