Antonio Brown's New Gig

I forgot he was a FA after this season.
They don't want him playing against them this year.

So eventual suspension seems likely or take no action, pay him but tell him not to come back. He won't make most of his incentives to make more money and the Bucs will actually save money by not playing him. Incentives are listed below

Contract Notes:
  • Per Game Active Bonus: $52,941 ($900,000)
    reliant on stat improvement, so NLTBE initially
  • Reception Incentives
    50: $333,333
    70: $333,333
  • Rec Yard Incentives
    600: $333,333
    800: $333,333
  • TD Incentives
    5: $333,333
    7: $333,333
  • Super Bowl Win (45% snaps): $250,000
The problem the Bucs are having is the argument on the sideline with Arians telling him to play and him saying he couldn't play because of his ankle.
The PA will have a big say in this situation if they try to suspend him without pay.

So eventual suspension seems likely or take no action, pay him but tell him not to come back. He won't make most of his incentives to make more money and the Bucs will actually save money by not playing him. Incentives are listed below

Contract Notes:
  • Reception Incentives
  • Rec Yard Incentives
  • TD Incentives
I'm curious as to why you think anyone else would sign Antonio Brown, considering no one signed him last year, when they could have done so for nothing?

I don't think this 'playing against him' thing is legitimate. 🤷

I think Brady wants him on the roster in case of an injury, or in case he'd be useful in a matchup in the playoffs. He's literally cut from any other team after that display. Even the Steelers, who will keep anyone cut him after Tomlin's injury lie leaked out.

Contract Notes:
  • Reception Incentives
  • Rec Yard Incentives
  • TD Incentives
The problem the Bucs are having is the argument on the sideline with Arians telling him to play and him saying he couldn't play because of his ankle.
The PA will have a big say in this situation if they try to suspend him without pay.
His ankle looked fine during the cheerleading drill...

He had a rap sheet a mile long coming out of college which is why the Pats got him in the 4th round. You know the Patriot Way - get troubled talent cheap until he turns into a murderer.
Tell me one team that never signed a questionable player...

The Bucs have a history of mishandling injuries which points in favor of AB in this argument despite his behavior.
Just a few weeks ago the Bucs had WR Chris Godwin actually running sprints with a fully blown ACL despite his protests.
They also put Gronk back into a game with broken ribs.
There have been other mistakes made by the Bucs but those incidents would be enough for an arbitrator, judge or jury to find in favor of AB.
The Bucs would be wise to be careful with how they handle him.

Last edited:
The Bucs have a history of mishandling injuries which points in favor of AB in this argument despite his behavior.
Just a few weeks ago the Bucs had WR Chris Godwin actually running sprints with a fully blown ACL despite his protests.
They also put Gronk back into a game with broken ribs.
There have been other mistakes made by the Bucs but those incidents would be enough for an arbitrator, judge or jury to find in favor of AB.
The Bucs would be wise to be careful with how they handle him.

Again, to sound like a broken record, this is another area where BB shines. He never undercuts the medics and always defers to them because he knows, (as if it should be said), that they're the experts. NE always had a great medical team, no doubt due to the outstanding medical people in the Boston area.

I think that's why the Guerrero issue was so clear cut to Bill. As soon as the qualified Docs said this guy is messing with the system and giving unprofessional advice and medical treatment, Bill said fine, he's out of there. I don't think any other coach would have done that due to the tie Guerero had to him.

In fact, wouldn't;t it be interesting to see if Guerro has brought his quackery to the Buccaneer players?

Just read that AB is going to a surgeon to have his ankle checked out. This surgeon is not connected to the Tompa team. In the meantime AB was seen clubbing it in NYC.
He will have to show his covid vac card when seeing the surgeon I believe.
1641392512619.png

No one wants a whole year of this idiot

FIXmRngWUAcWXHU

Ouch, that's a fairly damning statement from AB on what happened. Arians and co knew all about the Ankle injury he had and Arians told him to go play during the game and he said he couldn't due to pain. He had an MRI on Monday which he says confirmed the ligament has been torn from bone and he has bone fragments loose and has scheduled an operation ASAP.

Could the Bucs be in trouble here? If Brown has those text messages between him and Arians in the lead up to the game where Arians acknowledges the injury etc and of the MRI is legit and reflects what he's saying, there could be trouble.

If this is true as per his lawyer, there could be issues.

After, the Bucs pushed our camp to claim that they did nothing wrong and suggested that we should say this event was purely the product of mental illness. Now they’re subjecting him to behind the scenes arbitrary gamesmanship. They cut him, now they cage him

View: https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1478911835646480384

Back