Anyone else not very optimistic about this season?

thomas144

Bandwagon Fan
Reaction score
Website
www.mudelephant.com
Think linebacking corps - they have never really improved since the Monty Beisel experience (have they won any superbowls since he was here?)

Total devaluation of the cornerback position makes me think Monty Beisel all over.

Is Richard Seymour washed up?

Underperforming three-man defensive line backed by aging linebackers and journeyman defensive backs.

Can Rodney Harrison regain his youth, speed, and strength?

The end is near. I wonder what Colts fans think?

There are reasons to be very optimistic this year but I don't want to hijack this thread so I won't go into them.[/COLOR]

Of course I am. I like to go through life with the most negative outlook possible. If I'm not miserable and focusing on only bad things, I don't know what to do with myself.:thumb:

Despite the ridiculous Font sizes (which look awesome on my mac btw) I am completely serious about this.

So tell me Patriots fans is the strategy simply going to be to outscore everybody?

Well, since you asked.....

I think your philosophy will be the same as always.

Do what you gotta do to win the division, then focus on the Super Bowl.

And I see no reason why you should worry about your team.

The end is near. I wonder what Colts fans think?

388345925_503cb1c158_o.jpg

I think you'll see more of a running game this year adn the front 7 will be very good and that will help out the DB's.

Thomas needs to be very careful about what he posts about Rodney. He can find you.

I'm extremely optimistic.

The Patriots are going to win the Super Bowl.

I said that about the Celts after about 5 games this season (he NBA title, not the SB!), and I'm saying it now about the Pats. They are the best team, have the best coach, have the best QB and have all the motivation in the world.

Reasonable minds can differ, but sign up now if you want to be able to say you were confident from the beginning. I've never been this confident about a Boston team before the season.

I think you'll see more of a running game this year adn the front 7 will be very good and that will help out the DB's.

Thomas needs to be very careful about what he posts about Rodney. He can find you.

thanks for your comments paranoid (note: the large fonts are much easier to read than tiny fonts.

Why do you think the front seven will be good? Aren't we hoping for a lot from a rookie linebacker? More of a running game, why? because last year's passing game was so good?

I'm extremely optimistic.

The Patriots are going to win the Super Bowl.

I said that about the Celts after about 5 games this season (he NBA title, not the SB!), and I'm saying it now about the Pats. They are the best team, have the best coach, have the best QB and have all the motivation in the world.

Reasonable minds can differ, but sign up now if you want to be able to say you were confident from the beginning. I've never been this confident about a Boston team before the season.

Just to put things in perspective, last year I seriously expected them to go undefeated, as soon as they signed Moss (and also because of Adalius Thomas). I don't see this team being nearly as good, which is not to say it couldn't be good enough, but I just have this Monty Beisel feeling about their approach to the defense this year: you can't just sign a bunch of nobody's and hope they can perform.

thanks for your comments paranoid (note: the large fonts are much easier to read than tiny fonts.

Why do you think the front seven will be good? Aren't we hoping for a lot from a rookie linebacker? More of a running game, why? because last year's passing game was so good?
More of a running game because the defenses will go into nickle more to try to stop the passing game. I think theat Hobson was misused as an OLB with the Jets and I do think Mayo will be a stud. Seymour will have a much better/ProBowl year this year. Warren and Wilfork are solid along with Green a Wright

Outscoring your opponent is a pretty sound strategy if you want to win games. I do understand your point however. It remains to be seen what will happen with this defense. I think you have undervalued the performance of the defensive line and the LB position. While it's true the secondary (and LB's, although less so) is in transition, there is talent there and judgement should be reserved on it's play (and the defense as a whole) until at least the second half of the season. BB has shown an ability to fix what is wrong with his defense over the course of a season more often than not during his time with the Pats. If the defense isn't performing well early, past track record suggests that it will late. BB's bringin in Coach Capers suggests a change in philosophy from last season. This may be good, it may be bad. BB knows what he is doing so I expect things will shake out in a positive way.

Maybe I am being foolish, but I don't expect the Pats to win the SB every year and consider their not doing so a failure. I look forward to seeing the Pats compete (and win) and know I will be entertained by the football they put on the field this year. Personally, I greatly enjoy the games; when the end result is a championship, it's just gravy to me.

Just to put things in perspective, last year I seriously expected them to go undefeated, as soon as they signed Moss (and also because of Adalius Thomas). I don't see this team being nearly as good, which is not to say it couldn't be good enough, but I just have this Monty Beisel feeling about their approach to the defense this year: you can't just sign a bunch of nobody's and hope they can perform.

:coffee:

You still have Brady and Moss, no? Why would you expect something different?

Brady will be looking to pad his stats again, while the gettin's good.

Back