Anyone watching Specter on NFLN?

TrueBeliever

Hater hater
Reaction score
This is BS grandstanding of the worst kind. "My staff contacted the NFL and got stonewalled!" :***:

WHO CARES??? Your job has nothing to do with this. Your staff has nothing better to do than call a sports office?? What does this have to do with you? Oh boo hoo, the Steelers beat the Pats in the '04 regular season but the Pats won the AFCCG against them later that year. Yeah, that NEVER happens! In fact why do we even play the games then? From now on if you beat a team in the regular season and come up against them in the playoffs, you will win the game automatically, there's no point in actually playing it.

How DARE this man piss and moan about people "insulting his intelligence". What about insulting OUR intelligence by wasting valuable taxpayer time and money on this crap? Jesus H. Christ almighty, what a load of BS.

I wish I was listening. I figured he pout and cry. Is anyone MAN enough to admit they might have made too much of all of this? Where's Schlereth [sic?], Chris Carter and the other big mouths now?
Covering their @$$'s is where!

Calm Down. Breathe. Most people know he is a douche.

So the stonewalling...is that accusation recent or is it back when the spygate nonsense started?

The NFL is Fvcked, it's over for the best stort in the world because Specter is jealous of what we have. Thanks espn for ****ing over the NFL…. :shake:

Apparently he's calling for an investigation similar to the Mitchell report. According to what I read elsewhere (I'm not listening to it), he citing Schlereth's and Carter's claim that the tape could have been used in the same game.

It's time for Specter's colleagues to step up and tell him to go back to bed.

Apparently he's calling for an investigation similar to the Mitchell report. According to what I read elsewhere (I'm not listening to it), he citing Schlereth's and Carter's claim that the tape could have been used in the same game.

God damnit. I hate being right sometimes...

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

God, please no, not another investigation!

:cuss::banghead::bang:

Honestly, who cares? If the Senate or Congress wants to waste taxpayer money on this, let them. With Walsh saying what he's saying, and there being no smoking gun that shows that the Pats used the tapes during games -- which I strongly assume -- then I think the odds of this going badly for the Pats are tiny.

Further, a clean bill of health from the Congress wouldn't be a bad thing. I don't think the Pats need it, and I have no doubt that the Opportunists will do their thing regardless of what Congress says, but I don't see how it can hurt (unless you actually believe Schlereth).

He's an old corrupt politician but there are people all over the country eating this up right now...

Isn't time we investigate these overly critical self-appointed, holier-than-thou investigators?

I mean really a congresscritter feeling above it all? The irony.
It's like foxes gaurding the chicken coop.

Relax on the potential of a Mitchell Investigation.

MLB footed the bill for that of their own valition. I highly doubt the NFL would be up for such an expense considering they've publicly turned the page on this issue.

And for MLB, there were illegal drugs and trafficking involved. Here you have an infraction of a taping rule. I can't for the life of me imagining the rest of Congress getting behind a motion that would force the NFL's hand on this. Compared to the steroid scandal in MLB, this is like having a Mitchell Report to find out exactly how many children Travis Henry actually has.

Honestly, who cares? If the Senate or Congress wants to waste taxpayer money on this, let them. With Walsh saying what he's saying, and there being no smoking gun that shows that the Pats used the tapes during games -- which I strongly assume -- then I think the odds of this going badly for the Pats are tiny.

Further, a clean bill of health from the Congress wouldn't be a bad thing. I don't think the Pats need it, and I have no doubt that the Opportunists will do their thing regardless of what Congress says, but I don't see how it can hurt (unless you actually believe Schlereth).

It hurts the people from his state, with him ignoring the problems that need to be address there.

IS this all really happening? I thought I was listening to an episode of the twighlight zone, then realized this guy was serious!!!

I feel like I could puke, the new allegations he is bring to light could destroy the Patriots and the league in general. This is not good at all

I feel like I could puke, the new allegations he is bring to light could destroy the Patriots and the league in general. This is not good at all

He's taking a scorched earth policy. Comcast is calling in all it's chits. If the NFL gives in to Comcast, then this will all go away. Comcast is perfectly happy to see the league get screwed over.

At this point, it's above New England. Specter wants to take on the League itself.

I don't think he will win, but I can't see any positive coming out of it. That's my issue.

Is he done talking? Can someone summarize? And what's the next step (if any)?

Is he done talking? Can someone summarize? And what's the next step (if any)?

One of the things he's upset about is that the Pats had a lawyer present at the hearing :blink:

From Florio:

he was particularly upset to learn that an attorney for the Patriots was present during the questioning of Matt Walsh. Specter believes it “strains credulity to say that sort of practice is objective or impartial.”

:huh: :shrug:

Back