Anyone Worried About the Chargers?

Bah, I was more worried about Jags than Chargers and Pats handled that well.
The Chargers are beat up and the Pats smell blood.

Parrot Paul on 01-14-2008 at 08:06 AM said:
I'd much rather be facing the Colts. The Chargers have been scary good lately. That win yesterday was one of the most courageous efforts I have seen in a playoff game. They had everything going against them, and they still managed to pull out that win. I was really impressed.

Patriots have their work cut out for them.

AS well they should to earn a ticket to the Dance but why oh WHY does everyone talk about how hot the Bolts are as if hte Pats are NOT HOT?? I guess their greatness is now taken for granted. I don't mind it it is just so illogical.

This is the NFL, and this is an AFC Championship. While I may not be scared or worried per se, I am respectful of the fact that this team is clearly playing well to take down anyone, the Patriots included.

It'll take the Patriots best game. I hope they deliver it.

The Chargers are a tough team. Some of the players probably feel that they have some unfinished business, what with their early loss in last year's playoffs. At the hand of the Patriots.

I think the Chargers have a solid defense, and a couple of true all-stars on offense. And some attitude. It's a nice combination.

Will injuries be a factor? How about the weather late Sunday afternoon?

I'm proud to be a fan of the currently 17-0 New England Patiots. I would not expect them to lose. But I respect this opponent.

If both teams play their absolute best this Sunday, it's gonna be a dogfight.

GO PATRIOTS!!!

PatrietteAz on 01-14-2008 at 07:16 AM said:
AS well they should to earn a ticket to the Dance but why oh WHY does everyone talk about how hot the Bolts are as if hte Pats are NOT HOT?? I guess their greatness is now taken for granted. I don't mind it it is just so illogical.
At some point the Patriots will lose a game. That is a given. Let's just hope it doesn't happen in the next two.

Each successive game gets a little scarier and a little closer to the inevitable. I'm really antsy about Sunday. I really want to see the Patriots play the Packers in Phoeneix.

GO PATS!!!

I worry about every game we play and the worry meter goes up X2 for the AFCCG.

It's football, and turnovers and ST's can turn any game around.

As fans you should be worried.

Worried that Rivers will be talking trash to you while Billy Volek fights his battles for him.

Pats by at least 20, There will be more Chargers crying after the game than chargers scoring touchdowns.

And yes Jaric is still angry.

Jammer on 01-14-2008 at 09:28 AM said:
anyone in her would be shock? or faith? if the Pats lose next sunday?

Well, sort of. No disrespect to SD but we've sort of become accustomed to NE winning. I won't be "shocked" because it's obvious that SD has a great team. I will be surprised because it's hard for any NE fan to not feel like we are running the table this year.

Will any SD fans be "shocked" if NE wins?

jaric on 01-14-2008 at 10:28 AM said:
As fans you should be worried.

Worried that Rivers will be talking trash to you while Billy Volek fights his battles for him.

Pats by at least 20, There will be more Chargers crying after the game than chargers scoring touchdowns.

And yes Jaric is still angry.

Anger leads to hate.

Fully* Tilted* on 01-14-2008 at 10:33 AM said:
Anger leads to hate.
Jaric has turned to the dark side and is rooting for a Patriots woodshedding.

I want ****ing tears and teeth gnashing, and I will never forgive your boys if they let me down. I've never once asked them for anything, they can at least do me this one favor since my team failed to do it.

Jaguars are better than the Chargers, especially when SD is dinged up. Even if SD plays a perfect game, I think the Pats win close, but SD is too immature and emotional to play such a game.

jaric on 01-14-2008 at 10:39 AM said:

I want ****ing tears and teeth gnashing, and I will never forgive your boys if they let me down. I've never once asked them for anything, they can at least do me this one favor since my team failed to do it.

*shedding a tear

That was......beautiful.

jaric on 01-14-2008 at 07:39 AM said:

Your hate warms my soul.

I am slightly worried about the injuries to Rivers and LdT. Do the Pats practice as if they won't be ok to go or will they practice as if they would? Because Volek and Turner are very different than LdT and Rivers.

Well, LT is a better version of Fred Taylor and Turner is the same type of runner as Jones-Drew. Pats had to practice for both last week, may as well practice for both again.

SD has tall receivers, just like Jax did. SD has a strong front 4 just like Jax did. Seems to me that this game will be similar in style to last week, but I think Jax is a better overall team than SD.

Parrot Paul on 01-14-2008 at 10:06 AM said:
I'd much rather be facing the Colts. The Chargers have been scary good lately. That win yesterday was one of the most courageous efforts I have seen in a playoff game. They had everything going against them, and they still managed to pull out that win. I was really impressed.

Patriots have their work cut out for them.
I'm not sure what was more courageous, jumping on a fumble by Marvin (after getting a light tap), or catching the interception after it bounced off Keith's chest.

dchester on 01-14-2008 at 10:40 AM said:
I'm not sure what was more courageous, jumping on a fumble by Marvin (after getting a light tap), or catching the interception after it bounced off Keith's chest.
Got a question for you. If the Patriots lose Brady and Welker in the first period of the Chargers game, and if Ben Watson sprains a big toe, and if Faulk gets a knee injury that sidelines him, can Cassel win the game for the Pats?

Back