Are your feelings hurt?

Are your feeling hurt?

• Total voters

ParanoidPatriot

Big member
Reaction score
This could be the most important pole ever to come up here. Because of that there will be no zombie or Thomas option.
The question is simple. Are your feelings hurt because Tom Brady didn't mention the Patriots or Patriots fans in his announcement today?
It's even being mentioned on national news programs so it has to be a big deal.
If you have named a child after Brady, you can vote twice

Not hurt, don't care. kind of classless, but Brady over these last few years had decided to cash-in and while I guess all of them do it, I liked it better when he only did a few select (albeit odd at times*) commercials.
he should have mentioned Bob Kraft and the NE Fans, but whatever. it doesn't put money in my pocket or make more beer magically show up in my fridge (I just checked).

* that mattress commercial :coffee:

Did he address all those prior teammates?

I get the folks saying "screw it" and also the haters.

I am closer to the "screw it" crowd, BUT I would be lying of I said it doesn't bother me the way he has behaved the last 3 years. If the plan is for him to come back separately and have a day with Kraft and make a speech and retire a Patriot, I will forgive.

Anything less leaves a stain on 20 years and that would be a damn shame. A real fucking shame.

I get the folks saying "screw it" and also the haters.

I am closer to the "screw it" crowd, BUT I would be lying of I said it doesn't bother me the way he has behaved the last 3 years. If the plan is for him to come back separately and have a day with Kraft and make a speech and retire a Patriot, I will forgive.

Anything less leaves a stain on 20 years and that would be a damn shame. A real fucking shame.
Spot on

I find it really, really odd that he did that. But I also think that it's not as big a deal as social media is making it out to be.

At the end of the day, Brady left two years ago. An acknowledgement would have been nice, but Florida Tom is not the TFB we once loved.

Over time it'll come to pass and he will still be a beloved figure due to his accomplishments, but this one might last for a while unless he truly is doing it to sign his one day contract thing for a proper send-off.

I suppose Brady's pissed he heard some boos at Gillette in October. The post-game hookup with Belichick apparently got over hyped too. And he's holding a grudge against the Krafts because they ultimately sided with BB. Not sure what his problem is with his former NE teammates but they got blown off too. As I said elsewhere, perhaps Brady blames the retirement leak on the Patriots. Maybe BB blew his cover by tipping off his buddy Schefter. Who knows? But don't expect a straightforward explanation from Brady because if the last few days solidified anything it's that you really can't accept anything he says at face value.

I honestly didn't even notice until I saw Patriots nation having an absolute tantrum over it on social media. 🤷‍♂️

I voted that I’m a bit hurt, because I am. I grew up watching and adoring Tom Brady, and he couldn’t bother to mention anything/anyone related to the Patriots in his first formal retirement address? Yeah, that’s tough to swallow. A one-day contract, a Patriots retirement ceremony, and a thoughtful speech would go a long way, but right now I feel a bit empty. I’ll copy/paste what I posted in the Brady retirement thread:

————

He's not obligated to repeat the things he said after leaving in 2020 but it would've been a really nice gesture to Patriots fans for him to do so. The same fans who poured their heart and soul into that man and the team he played with for two freakin' decades. By that same logic, should Kraft have not put out the glowing statement he did today? Should he have withheld any public comment until if/when an official ceremony occurs? Should Kraft have put out a one-liner reading, "Thanks for everything, Tom.
:love-heart:
"
?

Maybe Brady genuinely feels that he’s already said what he needs to towards NE and doesn’t need to repeat it, but that was two years ago and in a different context. His statements today weren’t Bucs exclusive. He discusses family, wife, kids, parents, personal trainer, business holdings. It’s his first formal retirement statement EVER, and it touches multiple bases. Doesn’t strike me as inappropriate to include a few slides discussing his time in NE since he was plenty willing to discuss things relevant to his playing career/future that extend beyond Tampa. I appreciate everything Brady represents on the football field and the way he seems to treat people, but today’s remarks extended beyond the Bucs and were prepared in advance. To entirely (literally, entirely) omit New England and the Patriots from those prepared statements is a tough one to swallow.

And even if you want to put aside fans/BB/New England generally as being undeserving of any recognition, what about the hundreds of Patriots teammates he played with over the course of 20 years who contributed to his on-field success? I just re-read the statements again and they’re not quite as robust/lengthy as I initially thought, but something just doesn’t feel right. Even if he’s keeping powder dry for a future ceremony, why not throw us a bone now?

I guess regardless of how one feels about Brady’s statements today, what seems obvious is that his lack of any mention of New England/the Patriots is intentional. Maybe he just wants to blue-balls us and let us pump a massive load in a few weeks/months for an official ceremony where he signs a one day contract; that would go a long way towards making me feel better. But it’s hard for me in this moment to look at those statements as a small fries, “I’m just leaving the Bucs” type of thing given the context of his career and the fact he’s retiring from the NFL. If he’s just keeping powder dry in a strategic business move (which seems to inform a lot of his decision making recently), that rings hollow. Candidly, I'm just … sad. I took 5-10 minutes to think on this after I read the statements, took a good piss, and felt the melancholy sink in. He just gave his official, “I’m leaving the NFL for good” statement, and he couldn’t drop a single mention of NE/the Pats.

Back