Babalu

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dEao7XqMNCk?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dEao7XqMNCk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

But yes, please do wake up, Jeff.

Thanks for that laugh!

Jeff's oldest and my oldest are the same age. I had to endure many hours of Wiggles when she was younger, as did Jeff. That's perfect.

***cold sweat mode***

But did you travel out to worcester to see 'em live with a carfull?

"Fruit salad!"
"Yummy,yummy!"

***cold sweat mode***

But did you travel out to worcester to see 'em live with a carfull?

"Fruit salad!"
"Yummy,yummy!"<!-- / message -->
Fortunately no. But I did end up getting stuck traveling to Providence to see Dora with my kids, wife, Jeff's wife and his kids. Somehow Jeff weaseled out of that one, I don't remember how.

The Wiggles is the first thing I thought of when I saw SOKB's post ROFL

My son LOVES those guys, to this day!

Maybe we've stumbled onto something here... I say hook babs up to an iPod and play those guys non-stop... If that doesn't make him wake up, nothing will! ROFL

Fortunately no. But I did end up getting stuck traveling to Providence to see Dora with my kids, wife, Jeff's wife and his kids. Somehow Jeff weaseled out of that one, I don't remember how.

He's obviously a cunning man :)

Heavenly Father, I ask Your mercy to awaken Babalu from his illness, strengthen his body to repair the damage, strengthen his spirit to renewal in Your love, awaken his mind to his family, friends, and Your Word; lift him from his slumber to the next level of healing and recovery, rejoin him with his family, help all involved with his care and Babs himself to endure the difficult rehabilitation which lies ahead, bless each of us with his return to a vigorous life; all to Your glory and in the Name of our Lord and Savior. Amen.

here's tonight's toast to your road to recovery & good health, babalu

2902280012_9e74343dce.jpg

used to be brewed at 7.3%ABV :D now is 6.4%ABV :(

I'm going the wrong way on my tasting tour for you :cuss:

pretty soon I'll be in LVent Miller Lite pussy territory :shake:

update 9/17/2010

Made it in to visit Jeff this afternoon. *A lot of the same things that have been going on. His eyes were moving around most of the time. He was also coughing and yawning and he opened his eyes off and on for about 10 seconds or so when his wife moved his head. We got in his face and yelled at him a bit. He'd open his eyes for a second or two then close them and we'd tell him to wake up, he'd open them again for a second or two. I know they're really looking for him to track objects, etc. But I don't see how he could even focus. Hell, I had to wake up for a conference call this morning at 3:45AM. I'm pretty sure that's what I looked like for a couple minutes.

His temperature is good, he's not receiving any extra oxygen at all and there hasn't been any seizure activity. They've got his anti-seizure meds down to therapeutic levels so they shouldn't be holding him back too much at this point. Aside from him not being awake his health is pretty stable now.

Unless he wakes up over the weekend, they're talking about transferring him to the Long Term Acute Care (LTAC) facility. The goal there will be to wake him up. Once awake, he'll be transferred to Rehab for more aggressive treatment. Insurance only allows for so many days of rehab. You don't want to waste them by sending him there before he's ready.

The family has been in contact with the family of the guy from Rhode Island who has EEE. His mother told Jeff's wife that the way Jeff is right now, opening his eyes, etc., is pretty much the same way her son gradually woke up. The RI guys is doing well in rehab, he's walking, talking, and feeding himself. His short term memory isn't great but he's improving. This of course, doesn't mean this is how it will happen for Jeff, but the news is encouraging. Jeff got sick about two weeks after the RI guy did.

After the visit we went around the corner for a beer and a bite to eat. As we sat there I got a text from a friend saying Jeff was going to be on channel 7 in a few minutes. We look across the street and there's the channel 7 news crew doing the piece on Jeff. It was pretty strange.

Here's that news piece: http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/12002241716034/report-middleboro-man-in-coma-due-to-eee/

As always, please keep up the positive thoughts and prayers.

Frank

Donate to Jeff via Paypal

update 9/17/2010

Made it in to visit Jeff this afternoon. *A lot of the same things that have been going on. His eyes were moving around most of the time. He was also coughing and yawning and he opened his eyes off and on for about 10 seconds or so when his wife moved his head. We got in his face and yelled at him a bit. He'd open his eyes for a second or two then close them and we'd tell him to wake up, he'd open them again for a second or two. I know they're really looking for him to track objects, etc. But I don't see how he could even focus. Hell, I had to wake up for a conference call this morning at 3:45AM. I'm pretty sure that's what I looked like for a couple minutes.

His temperature is good, he's not receiving any extra oxygen at all and there hasn't been any seizure activity. They've got his anti-seizure meds down to therapeutic levels so they shouldn't be holding him back too much at this point. Aside from him not being awake his health is pretty stable now.

Unless he wakes up over the weekend, they're talking about transferring him to the Long Term Acute Care (LTAC) facility. The goal there will be to wake him up. Once awake, he'll be transferred to Rehab for more aggressive treatment. Insurance only allows for so many days of rehab. You don't want to waste them by sending him there before he's ready.

The family has been in contact with the family of the guy from Rhode Island who has EEE. His mother told Jeff's wife that the way Jeff is right now, opening his eyes, etc., is pretty much the same way her son gradually woke up. The RI guys is doing well in rehab, he's walking, talking, and feeding himself. His short term memory isn't great but he's improving. This of course, doesn't mean this is how it will happen for Jeff, but the news is encouraging. Jeff got sick about two weeks after the RI guy did.

After the visit we went around the corner for a beer and a bite to eat. As we sat there I got a text from a friend saying Jeff was going to be on channel 7 in a few minutes. We look across the street and there's the channel 7 news crew doing the piece on Jeff. It was pretty strange.

Here's that news piece: http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/12002241716034/report-middleboro-man-in-coma-due-to-eee/

Frank

That's encouraging-Thanks frank.

Great update and thanks Frank.
The progress is painfully slow, but there is progress.

Let's hope for more good news soon.

update 9/17/2010

Frank

Thanks so much for the updates and that video. Can't wait to see him smiling like he is on that boat again..studly. :)

Great information Frank. Thank you, this is the first time that I ever saw Jeff. I have never met him but through some posts and doing some research for him regarding a fitting he needed for a brew process, I always felt that he is a friend. When the information comes out for donations to the auction, I have a box of very nice cigars ready to help out. Prayers continue to go out for Jeff's recovery.:toast:

Thanks again Frank for these updates,

On the Insurance aspect, this is pissing me off. It is our states fault for allowing this EEE to have gotten out of control to begin with. They should have taken a pro-active spraying in our area with knowing the chances of this disease…. I would say and tell anyone who will listen to send all bills to Deval Patrick’s office
24 Beacon St # 458, Boston, MA 02133-1099
If we can pay for all these illegal immigrants medical bills,:shake: we can pay for our friend Jeff who is an American citizen

That is imo the best update yet! Coughing and yawning is definately encouraging.

Jeff, just wake up and chow a pound of Bacon like a boss. Speaking of which, has anyone tried smells? Griddle up some Bacon and let the sweet aroma waft into his snout. That might do the trick
Posted via Mobile Device

That is imo the best update yet! Coughing and yawning is definately encouraging.

Jeff, just wake up and chow a pound of Bacon like a boss. Speaking of which, has anyone tried smells? Griddle up some Bacon and let the sweet aroma waft into his snout. That might do the trick
Posted via Mobile Device

AWESOME idea!!

I was going to say dump some of his prized beer down a sink right in front of him. I'm sure he'll wake up to that...On second thought bad idea we don't need to give the poor guy a coronary....... I like the Bacon Idea better and I'm sure Jeff would too... Come on Jeff wake up!!

Remember he also loves liverwurst and raw onion sandwiches from his posts:thumb:

Back